Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for May 2012

Options
1235»

Replies

• sunnybunny5us
    sunnybunny5us Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do you join this group? I'm new here.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with your post, Huango. I don't diet, I just watch what I eat and workout to get healthy and in shape. I follow the "eat for the future you" guidelines and eat at my goal weight maintenance levels.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    JUST CUZ WERE 5 '4 and UNDER
    DOESNT MEAN WE SHOULD STARVE AT 1200 CALORIES!! IF EXERCISING IS INVOLVED PERIOD WE SHOULD EAT MORE!
    :(
    GOTTA EAT MORE GIRLS.
    IF U EAT MORE, U LOSE IT FASTER...
    I eat 1800-1900 per day and losing faster now that my body FEELS SAFE.. Its lettin go of the weight..

BE SAFE!
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'4" and I'm losing slowwww, but I'm not hugely bothered about weight - mostly just trying to lose a few pounds that I've gained since switching to working from home full time. I'm mostly focus on upping my exercise and general fitness / improving quality of diet at the moment, and if I shift a few pounds I've gained while sitting on my *kitten* too, great. I've been seeing a personal trainer for the last two months, and am starting to notice a significant difference in core strength and general fitness, so persevering!
  • Blu4dayz
    Blu4dayz Posts: 12
    Options
    Are short MEN welcome? I'm 5'7 but that's equivalent of about 5'1 in a woman! ;)
    LOL so true!
  • EowynWard
    EowynWard Posts: 9
    Options
    5 even here and over 200# I think it is a lot different for short and chubbies than taller heavy people, many clothes are sized bigger for taller, and being short makes you look heavier at lower and lower weights. of course, being tall also poses its own challenges.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lexington87
    lexington87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fun sized at 5'2" (and a little bit)
    CW 133
    GW between 115-120

I feel so much better reading the posts by some of you other fun sized ladies about the 1200 calorie plan. I would much rather go over after a workout eating healthy food then feel like I'm starving and lethargic. Since I am new to the site and if I'm being honest calorie counting this had me worried (I thought I was already setting myself up for failure before I even started)!
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all

Didn't get too go on my Sunday hike/walk because it was raining, but I did go fishing for about 2 hours in the rain, but we had to pack up and leave when my sister slipped and her new cell phone went to sleep with the fishies. Ran errands and did laundy on Saturday when it was dry, I wish I had known the weather was going to change that much over night or I would have gone hiking on Saturday. I guess we'll do a walk in the rain on Wednessday, because we can't miss 2 days in a row.
    Have a good week everybody
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 159, that is alot for a short lady. I would love to weigh around 130 lbs. I also try the 1200 calorie range. I work out at least 4-6 days out of the week (aerobics & strenght training) & would like to start running!
  • sunigetsfit
    sunigetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I joined around jan but have been on and off. Back on it now though. I'm almost 5'1" and am 163 lbs as of today.
    Would love to get down to at least 125 lbs then go from there.

Here's to making this summer count!
    Feel free to friend me :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend this C25K program.
    You don't have to set the goal of finishing it. Just the incremental training is a great way to build up your endurance.

My gf who DOES NOT WORKOUT did this program and we ran a 5K together last month!!!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

You can do it!
    Amanda

Bogle: would like to start running.
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    So unfortunatly I gained 2 pounds this week so now I am at 136 pounds. I have been going to so many parties lately that its getting kinda hard to loose weight. I really have to get motivated to excercise so I have more calories to eat. We will see what next week brings but I will continue to try to loose the last couple of pounds.
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    H5'
    SW 140
    GW 100-105

I feel like I am eating all day, more than I have ever in my life, and 1200 is too much for me. I eat all day and usually hit between 900-1100. I'm not starving and I'm not eating only salad, though I am a vegetarian (well, pescetarian but no one ever knows what that is). Is this weird? I was hoping because I am small that that would be the reason.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Blair:
    H5'
    SW 140
    GW 100-105

I feel like I am eating all day, more than I have ever in my life, and 1200 is too much for me. I eat all day and usually hit between 900-1100. I'm not starving and I'm not eating only salad, though I am a vegetarian (well, pescetarian but no one ever knows what that is). Is this weird? I was hoping because I am small that that would be the reason.

May I see your food diary?
    I'm curious what you are eating, when you say you eat all day.
    When I was only 1200 calories, I felt like I had hardly any food.
    Do you also eat enough protein? Many many people do not eat enough protein. My body treats carbs as plain sugar. I might as well eat a bowl of sugar if I eat a bowl of noodles.
    Are you drinking enough water? Up it to 10 glasses a day or more.

Amanda
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    Blair:
    H5'
    SW 140
    GW 100-105

May I see your food diary?
    I'm curious what you are eating, when you say you eat all day.
    When I was only 1200 calories, I felt like I had hardly any food.
    Do you also eat enough protein? Many many people do not eat enough protein. My body treats carbs as plain sugar. I might as well eat a bowl of sugar if I eat a bowl of noodles.
    Are you drinking enough water? Up it to 10 glasses a day or more.

Amanda
    Of course! Although I did JUST start logging my food. I don't get enough protien, but I do drink plenty of water.
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that I don't like eggplant, it seems like I try it every year but it is just so horribly bitter that I can't eat more then a bite or two. Last night I had a craving for vegitables, so I roasted a bunch and added eggplant. Nope, never again, it is offiacially on my "Yucky Vegitable" list.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have been a "bad" group leader these last few months, but my mom (94 and lives with us) is not doing well these days. I am blessed that my parents are in their mid-90s and live with me. I know that. No complaints on that. Sometimes, I just have too much to do. Mom went from being fiercely independent one day to being hardly able to move the next. It is being a long haul with doctors and test to see what is going on. Dad at 92 is stepping up to the plate and doing more to help himself and her. My kids are pitching in too.

In any event, here is the link to the new forum for June. I will try to do do better this month about logging all my food and posting in the forums.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617394-fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-june-2012

Jeannie
  • mesmom
    mesmom Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been using MFP off and on, mostly off lately. I'm starting up again, especially as I've been plateaued at 153-154 for the past 2 months. I'm 5'0 and working my way down to my goal weight of 120 lbs. It'll be nice to chat with a group of fun sized gals like me :smile: .
  • Tiffanie252
    Tiffanie252 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am just barely fun sized. I am 5'3" and stuck at 135. Would love to get these next 5 pounds off in the next few weeks before going to Disney. So I have been mainly running only 3 miles at a time however. So I thought I would add in some weight training too. Hoping that it helps to kick me into gear. Hope that everyone here finds support and encouragement.

I know for my body, adding weights literally melts the pounds off.....in addition to the cardio, it can make a HUGE difference!