Weight Loss and Thigh Gap Tips

Options

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    What is the obsession with this and women? I don't get it.

Yes! Please tell me these are not ADULT women obsessing over "thigh gaps". Oy!
    Yeah, it's typically the underage pro-ana kids that worry about this ****. You know, kids with usernames that include "ana" or "anna" in them. Hey, wait a minute...

don't get this ^^ pro- ana/ anna

ana is short for anorexia; it's used as a sort of code name (and mia for bulimia)
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    Pop Pilates - Inner thigh insanity. I've lost 1 inch off each thigh in a week and a bit. it's brutal, but amazing. and thigh gaps are attainable; i have very small hips and my thigh gap is starting to come through :)

according your profile you also have an ed and are only 97lbs, not a recommended way to get a thigh gap :S

and i never said "don't eat and you'll get a thigh gap". i merely recommended a workout that has helped me shape my thighs. i don't attribute my thigh gap to my ED, because when i was at my lowest weight before i was in recovery two years ago, i still didn't have one. It's only since working on my thighs have i got one. And no, i don't think it's attainable for everyone, i was merely pointing out that i do have one. ED or no ED, i'm not pro them and would not encourage anyone to do anything unhealthy to attain a certain body shape.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't get the craze with thigh gap. I think it just makes you look knock-kneed. Not attractive to my thinking. Of course, YMMV.

Careful.. ..apparently stating your opinion on not finding it personally attractive makes you an awful person. lol. I'll be leaving this post because it's a joke. Good luck with the uproar :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't get the craze with thigh gap. I think it just makes you look knock-kneed. Not attractive to my thinking. Of course, YMMV.

Careful.. ..apparently stating your opinion on not finding it personally attractive makes you an awful person. lol. I'll be leaving this post because it's a joke. Good luck with the uproar :)

So if I said I don't find you personally attractive you'd be saying "Oh what a pleasant person she is!"...yeah probably not
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Pop Pilates - Inner thigh insanity. I've lost 1 inch off each thigh in a week and a bit. it's brutal, but amazing. and thigh gaps are attainable; i have very small hips and my thigh gap is starting to come through :)

according your profile you also have an ed and are only 97lbs, not a recommended way to get a thigh gap :S

and i never said "don't eat and you'll get a thigh gap". i merely recommended a workout that has helped me shape my thighs. i don't attribute my thigh gap to my ED, because when i was at my lowest weight before i was in recovery two years ago, i still didn't have one. It's only since working on my thighs have i got one. And no, i don't think it's attainable for everyone, i was merely pointing out that i do have one. ED or no ED, i'm not pro them and would not encourage anyone to do anything unhealthy to attain a certain body shape.

Apologies if I offended you by bringing your ed into it.
    I wasnt saying you were telling people to eat less to get the thigh gap, but I think if you did the same exercise at a healthy weight you probably wouldn't have the gap.
  • chantalb20
    Options
    well i disagree; 97lbs and 5'3" isn't an unhealthy weight.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Weight loss: eat at a moderate deficit, exercise moderately and do this for a long time (boring but works!)
    Thigh gap: get old, suffer a nasty hip fracture, be left with a leg length discrepancy - I see old ladies with thigh gaps all the time, but it's not a look I'm aiming for.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

It's certainly well below any healthy weight recommendations for that height, which is how most people would judge healthy vs unhealthy weight. But, it doesn't matter what Internet strangers think, what does your doctor say?
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    finding this hilarious!!!
  • chantalb20
    Options

It's certainly well below any healthy weight recommendations for that height, which is how most people would judge healthy vs unhealthy weight. But, it doesn't matter what Internet strangers think, what does your doctor say?

Actually no, it's a BMI of 17.5, Underweight yes, but definitely not underweight enough to attract medical attention. i would know, i've been in both inpatient and outpatient care for ED - try getting ANY medical help for an ED with a BMI that high. almost impossible.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    Er, well that's not true since they treat eating disorders any time they have reason to believe someone has those serious mental issues and tendencies, not just once someone gets tiny from having an ED. Specially since a lot of people with eating disorders don't even physically appear as though they have one, ever.
  • chantalb20
    Options
    Actually no, they don't. not here.
    group therapy maybe, but that's just a trigger for some of us.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Did someone say pie gap?
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this question posted over and over again and noticed that it is always by a female that is 20 or under. Usually under.

'Nuff said.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    <-- Thigh gap.. I am not skinny.. I am not "knock kneed" and you need wide hips. Genetics. SMH.. I hate this topic!
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Did someone say pie gap?

I keep seeing this question posted over and over again and noticed that it is always by a female that is 20 or under. Usually under.

'Nuff said.

EXACTLY!!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Cmon now, what is it about the thigh gap that's so danged attractive? As someone said before, it depends on your body shape and thigh angle. Some people will never have one. That doesn't make them more or less pretty, and to fetishize something that occurs naturally is just...weird... I saw a whole tumblr page DEVOTED to the thigh gap once. SMMFH there's no point. =.=
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Yet you still have 84 pounds as your goal weight and have stated in other forums that you want to lose more. A BMI of 17.5 is unhealthy whatever you chose to believe. When you are only netting 200 calories on a good day I would suggest that possibly MFP is a trigger for you as well and not the place for you. You also state that you prefer to be at a negative calorie intake in a day.....seriously...you desperately need help with this.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nevermind
  • chantalb20
    Options

Yet you still have 84 pounds as your goal weight and have stated in other forums that you want to lose more. A BMI of 17.5 is unhealthy whatever you chose to believe. When you are only netting 200 calories on a good day I would suggest that possibly MFP is a trigger for you as well and not the place for you. You also state that you prefer to be at a negative calorie intake in a day.....seriously...you desperately need help with this.

And i would suggest that you are incorrect - MFP is not a trigger for me. stick to your weight loss goals, and i'll stick to mine. like i said on that other thread, i can lie and delete that stuff and pretend that i'm healthy - but i'm not. and first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. What really annoys me is the fact that i didn't say ANYTHING relating to an ED on this thread. i suggested a thigh toning exercise, and yet when people view my profile, it's like "wow, she has an ED so anything she says is promoting unhealthy behaviour." and that's complete bull. If i had suggested to her to reduce her calories drastically, fast for a few days or cardio until she's exhausted - fair enough. But suggesting Pop Pilates (and whether or not you believe it works is irrelevant), is not promoting an unhealthy behaviour.

You actually seem to be obsessing over everything that i write and yet you don't even have the courtesy to send me a private message. I may be sick, yes, but i'm not incompetent. I'll actually be staying off the forums now, because even when i say something with the purest intentions, whether it's to generally help someone, or even to try and get people to see that those with ED's aren't vain little creatures who are starving themselves for beauty; i just get attacked.