Let's play "Who is THAT?" after 107 pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW... Well done! You look fantastic
  • Chipik
    Chipik Posts: 15
    Options
    Just WOW!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    This is so great everyone - thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is shocked by the transformation and can't see myself in those before pics. :happy:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome loss very inspiring
  • jimsdietomaha
    jimsdietomaha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You really look great! Keep up the great job! I can see the confidence is growing!
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!! Great job!
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • celestialmoon
    Options
    Sincerely and truly happy for your success!
  • nweldon
    nweldon Posts: 2
    Options
    wow, that's fantastic...congratulations. This is what is giving me inspiration to stick with this...I know it can be done, just a matter of staying the course..thank you
  • chelseyjade666
    Options
    Do you feel as good as you look? It sure looks like it!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Holy snikeys! You look fantastic. I'm sure you are super proud, and you look so happy in your goofy pic. Made me smile!
  • katiedidd66
    katiedidd66 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing and giving us all inspiration!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lady, you look absolutely amazing! What an achievement and an inspiration to others! :)
  • jan5555
    jan5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are such an inspiration....!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to post before and after pics, partially because I'm not at after yet (still in the during phase) but also because I didn't think I had any pictures of before. I purposely, like many of you, avoided cameras like the plague. But after going through some old things I found some pics I had forgotten about and decided to share them.

This is not easy for me because I never saw myself as the before person. I mean really, who is THAT person in those pictures? I absolutely see myself in the after/during pics and I'm proud of what I've accomplished, though I have some more to lose. Okay, enough jabber, here's what you voyeurs clicked on this topic for:

July 2006 - about 280
    July2006.jpg

September 2008 - about 280 - Didn't know this was being taken, but of course I'm eating...
    Sept2008-2.jpg

July 2011 - about 220, shortly before I joined MFP
    CopyofJune2011.jpg

May 2012 - my current profile pic, but it shows my face change from July 2006
    051312.jpg

Today! Shows not only the change from before, but really, how doesn't love a goofy pic of themselves?!
    IMG_20120517_105719-2.jpg

Thanks to my MFPals - some of you have kept me motivated when I wanted to quit and many of you have provided untold amounts of support. :heart:

Some people have contacted me asking for advice about I did it so here's what's working for me (disclaimer: may not work for you, but you asked...).

1. Tracking net calories weekly rather than daily. The phone app does this for you. Then I can have a day where I go over and not worry about it. Enchiladas and margaritas FTW!

2. Eat back exercise calories - at least half, sometimes more. But make sure your outgo is accurate (e.g. HRM - MFP overestimates most activities) and your intake is accurate (don't "eyeball" your portions, measure or weigh your food where you can).

3. Customize your goals - especially increasing protein intake. You can change the split of your macros under Goals > Change > Custom.

4. Cardio! I lost most of the weight here doing cardio - machines (Elliptical and Arc Trainer mostly), videos (Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Chalene Johnson, Shaun T and Tony Horton are on top of my DVD player) and classes (lots of yoga for the "rest" days).

5. Weights! In the last few months I've added more intense weight training and am doing ChaLean Extreme now - lifting heavier for few reps and I'm seeing definition and feeling muscles. Yay!

Feel free to ask questions if there's something specific, just thought I'd share a few things that I've been focusing on. Good luck MFP community in your goals!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. You do look amazing!
  • mfernando6
    mfernando6 Posts: 60
    Options
    u look amazing... congrats
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow! An awesome transformation!!!
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    OMFG, you look beautiful, young, and oh so happy! I don't understand how people can have the patience and perseverance to lose all that weight in barely a year. I'm feeling so inspired right now, thank you for sharing your journey with us :-)
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!