TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Replies

• jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Oh ok so maybe you can help me out a little . I work at a job that is very physical ,i work with severe special needs kids 5 days a week then i clean around my house not to mention that i work out 5 days a wk for about an hour I am 30 years old 116.5 pounds and am 5'2 can you give me some of the advice by the tools that you have used? I want to lose about 10 pounds and tone up. Thanks ... Private message me the tools or answers ok.
  • ChristineDB
    ChristineDB Posts: 14 Member
    awesome thanks!
  • awesome thanks!

Your welcome ...
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    bump
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Bump

9821387.png
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    This has helped me as well after three months of plateau. I first went from 1200 to 1400 in April and lost 12 pounds that month. Then I upped on May 1st to 1700. I did originally gain 2 pounds, but as of last night I am down a total of 4. I am no longer hungry or binging because I didn’t have enough to eat to start with. I keep my carbs low (average 70g/day) and protein high (average 150g/day). I totally suggest eating more!
  • pecarrick
    pecarrick Posts: 12 Member
    Thank so much for sharing! This is helpful information for sure!!
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    BUMP & thank you!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Bump
  • jjw308
    jjw308 Posts: 8
    bump.... I'm gonna have to look this over closer.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    bump
  • Ekai83
    Ekai83 Posts: 16 Member
    bump.... interesting info, I need to review later! and congrats to all this has worked for!
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    I have a question. And I know this is probably going to sound silly. And I agree that this probably works and I will likely end up doing this myself. But......Here's my question.

If This is the best way to do it. Shouldn't/Couldn't MFP automatically Caluculate this for me when I put in my information to create my profile? the whole BMR / TDEE - 15% calculation thingy???.

Why is MFP giving me a different number then what is Should / Could be eating???
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Bump!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Bump trying to figure this out!!! :cry:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Thanks for sharing, I have just started to up my calories, I'm still cutting by 15% but it's higher calories than I was on (1220, now 1418) Rest days are now more feasible! My weight loss has slowed at 9lbs away from goal and like you said, I've tried everything else so why not this? I'm ditching the scale for a month because I know if I see a gain I will stop so fingers crossed this pays off by the 22nd of June :smile:
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    bump for later <3
  • boys3girl1
    boys3girl1 Posts: 4
    Bump!!!!!
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    So I took my TDEE of 1510 and subtraced 15% and came up with 2133.5.

If I understand correctly - that should be my total calorie goal for the day - exercise calories mean nothing to this calculation.

Again - paying attention to my total and just ignoring the net part?

You've added, not subtracted. If TDEE is 1510 (and it isn't that is too low) you calculate 15% which is 226 and subtract that from 1510. Therefore 1510 - 226 = 1284 per day. I would recalculate your TDEE though. I suspect you have used your BMR (which is much lower).