What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options

Replies

• pnut80
    pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i actually just had 2 poached eggs on 2 pieces of honey wheat toast with 1 tbsp of concord grape jam, 1 large whole strawberry, and 8ozs of trop 50 oj. only about 340 cals...very filling and satisfying!
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    My fave right now is a Hard boiled egg and turkey sausage or Dannon light and fit Yogurt with an Atkins shake.
  • aarsenault3
    Options
    This sounds really good!!! Do you have an estimate on the calorie count per smoothie?

Thanks
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    - Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter (plus coffee made with almond milk)
    - Oatmeal with some ground flax seed
    - Sunny side-up whole egg (one) over a piece of Ezekiel bread
    - Oatmeal, almond milk and a tablespoon of peanut butter
    - Ezekiel bread with half an avocado on top
    - Smoothie (extra-small banana, flax seed, almond milk and frozen berries)
  • silkribbonx
    silkribbonx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oats with frozen blueberries. It makes the prettiest colour, tastes good too ;)
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is salted cured turkey meat. It is often made from the flank near the wing. It doesn't taste exactly like regular bacon, but I think it has a good bacon-y flavor. Of course, some brands are much much better than others.
  • Inked2Love
    Inked2Love Posts: 48
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is my absolute fave....and easy because you prepare it the night before.....

In large mug, I place....
    1/3c oats
    1/3c almond milk (or milk, or water)
    1/3c plain greek yogurt
    1/2 tsp brown sugar blend splenda
    Then add the toppings of your choice....you can make different variations every single day (I have added blueberries, bananas, raspberries, strawberries,cocoa, peanut butter, and even protein powder....the possibilites are endless)

Then you put it in the fridge overnight, and eat it cold in the morning.....mmm my favourite :)

That sounds really good. Imma try that :)
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I make pizza eggs! My husband loves them, they taste like pizza, and they aren't many calories! I can post the recipe later tonight.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I recently started a breakfast that dr. oz suggested for losing belly fat. It's going to sound like a LOT, but it is ooooooooh so good, very filling and super healthy!! I look forward to eating it every morning and it keeps me plenty full until lunch.
    olive oil
    onion, peppers, tomato (really a little of whatever sounds good) and spinach
    1 egg
    1/4 avacado
    1/2 wedge light swiss laughing cow cheese
    double fiber Natures Own whole grain
    tomato
    salsa
    All you do is chop veggies cook in oil add egg till scrambled all together. top with salsa (if desires). toast bread & spread on cheese. Then cut up avacado & tom slices on side.
    Chose the serving size that is right for your calorie intake. You can also sub for whole grain english muffin & make a sandwich. Provides GOOD fats to help get rid of fat. I hope you enjoy! I sure do!!!
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just need some new breakfast ideas. Lately I've been eating a chopped up laughing cow cheese, weight watchers american slice, and egg whites and making an egg mug for breakfast each morning. But now I'm getting super bored of it and I need some new quick and easy breakfast ideas. Help!

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!

I made the blueberry one! :) YUM!
  • Ihatecomicsans
    Options
    Turkey bacon is salted cured turkey meat. It is often made from the flank near the wing. It doesn't taste exactly like regular bacon, but I think it has a good bacon-y flavor. Of course, some brands are much much better than others.

Thanks! I'd not really heard of it before. I'd also not heard of turkey sausages!

Are protein shakes good for weight loss at all?
  • wildspirit63
    Options
    I normaly just stick to my oatmeal variety packs - plus coffee w/ skim milk, or black depends on my mood
  • jrealander
    jrealander Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually eat one scrambled egg and a piece of Pepperidge Farm cinnamon swirl raisin toast. This is only 150 calories.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    one egg with yolk.. 100 calorie wheat tortilla.. a pinch of cheese .
  • kristi012173
    Options
    bump
  • TheTallMan
    TheTallMan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a couple things.

Breakfast 1
    -2 eggs (fried or scrambled)
    -1-2 slices of toast
    -Coffee (gotta have it)

Breakfast 2
    -1/2 cup (dry) of oatmeal
    -About 1/8 cup of milk into the oatmeal (I like it a little creamy)
    -Coffee (just gotta)

These two meals make up about 95% of my breakfasts. They give me protein, carbs, and of course, my coffee gives me happiness. On weekends my girlfriend and I might make some pancakes or something that's maybe not the best, but on most days, it's one of these two.
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day. Protein shake of some sort (EAS, Special K, Slimfast etc.) & a slice of whole wheat toast with some kind of SF jam on it :) Repetitive but at least I know exactly how many calories & carbs I'm getting in in the morning.
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    low fat natural yougurt and grapefruit or pineapple or peach or somthin, its healty and give a natural sugar boost :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'd not really heard of it before. I'd also not heard of turkey sausages!

Are protein shakes good for weight loss at all?

Protein shakes are good for repairing muscle after workouts, especially after strength training. I mix chocolate whey powder in yogurt. So good! It's like dessert. You could dip fruit in it.
  • CJuliaV
    CJuliaV Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump (wifenmama, totally trying that):smile: