Girls who lift

Options

Replies

• malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love lifting!! I never thought I would and i am so happy I tried it, now I can't imagine not doing it!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!

Love lifting

love my love/hate relationship with deadlifts

Best of luck to her :flowerforyou:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Hi girls,

I have finally managed to convince my Girlfriend that lifting weights will not make her ''butch''. Im sure you all agree that a lot of women have the misconception of lifting weights will give you a manly figure.

Now i am just wondering what your favourite excursuses are?

Strong is the new skinny!

Thanks

Tell her if she was actually that dedicated to lifting to get "butch" she could always quit and go back to whatever. but I sersioudly doubt she could gain enough to do so
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as your girlfriend. I have always been into cardio and scared of weights. I am currently reading NROL4W and I am also doing Jamie Eason's 12 week lifting routine (bodybuilder.com).

Once Im done with Jamies 12-week program I am going to start the workouts in NROLF4W but I love that Jamies workouts are all weight related and easy to follow (since Im new to lifting).
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do strong lifts.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

I'd say my favorite is bench press just because it doesn't kill me like squats and deadlifts and I think my weight (100lbs) is pretty high on it.

And I'm also not "butch", not that there's anything wrong with that if that's the look you're going for, however lifting alone won't get you there it's more about fashion choices obviously. I've know some very cute "butch" women.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I work with a trainer 2x wk and we do heavy weights..and most of the workouts we incorporate kettlebells and I love them!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I love all lifts, especially the more complex ones, like snatches, squat cleans, clean & jerks.

Deads make me happy, especially when I hit PR's
    Back squats always makes me happy, front squat not so much...
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start lifting and wasn't sure where to start. So I got ChaLean Extream. I really like it so far.

I have already completed this program and loved it. Since I had never lifted before and was a little nervous about it, it was the perfect program for me.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My faves:
    Push ups
    Dead lifts
    Lat Pull-downs
    Standing reverse flies
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start lifting and wasn't sure where to start. So I got ChaLean Extream. I really like it so far.

I did this program! It was amazing. I am doing Jillian's Total Body Revolution right now (lifting heavier than what she has even the guys do in the video) and I'm liking that one too. But for pure lifting, I'd go with ChaLean. That is a really good one! :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ryan: Please clarify if your girlfriend allows you to have other girlfriends. Cause I'd like to sign up for that list.

Sincerely,

Fabulous.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    real_women_lift_weights_tshirt-p235034111460203601zvhkb_400.jpg
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone's put this yet, but New Rules of Lifting for Women (book) is awesome.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    10/10 and lifts:

Jamie-Eason-Video.jpg
  • littlemiss165
    Options
    If she is just starting out, or is scared to bulk up, her her start with some basic body weight movements. My favorites are narrow pushups, roman chair leg lifts, lunges, step ups, and tricep dips.

These are my favorite weighted lifts: Shoulder press, tricep kickbacks, hammer cur;s, seated cable rows, hyper extensions, leg press and of course squats!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    10/10 and lifts:

Jamie-Eason-Video.jpg

Perfect example!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    10/10 and lifts:

Jamie-Eason-Video.jpg

The first time I was introduced to Jamie it was through mostly-naked photos on my husbands cell phone. I wasn't even mad...(Like when Baxter ate the cheese).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :heart: WEIGHTS
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Just because some of the gorgeous ladies who lift can lift more than you is no reason to hate. mmmkay?

^^^^This
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    10/10 and lifts:

Jamie-Eason-Video.jpg

The first time I was introduced to Jamie it was through mostly-naked photos on my husbands cell phone. I wasn't even mad...(Like when Baxter ate the cheese).

It's sort of like when my wife had a thing for Greg Plitt. I'm like, yeah I have a man crush on hims so I can't blame you. lol.