What are the biggest calorie items in your diary?

Options
SometimesI look over my diary and smile or wince when I see the calorie count on some of my foods. I smile for the calories in my complex high protein breakfast oatmeal. Then I wince when I see what 2 servings of Cape Cod reduced-fat potato chips steal.

What are you seeing in your diary?
Are you stealing some extra candy?
How about ice cream? or cheese?
Maybe you like extra ounces in your steak?

Replies

• skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    chocolate this week :blushing:
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    I got a medium dipped cone at Dairy Queen yesterday and looked up the calories later. YIKES! 490! Now I know next time... get a small... or skip the dip... either will make it more manageable. Or get frozen yogurt instead! I'm not beating myself up over it but I completely recognize that it was NOT worth it.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I got a medium dipped cone at Dairy Queen yesterday and looked up the calories later. YIKES! 490! Now I know next time... get a small... or skip the dip... either will make it more manageable. Or get frozen yogurt instead! I'm not beating myself up over it but I completely recognize that it was NOT worth it.

I usually get mine in a cup, that way you stay below 200. And, no, no dip.
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    MILK! Why is MILK so freaking high in calories!? Yikes.
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Taco bell is my weekness...
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    cereal, it tends to never fill me up.
    even the flavoured packet of porridge, i have been having that but always wanting more after.
    so today i had plain oats a big bowl for similar calories and it filled me up heaps
  • MoonGazer91
    MoonGazer91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Rich tea biscuits - 11 of them is over 400 calories! And chocolate is another really bad one for me because I love it so much. I have been trying to eat less but at the moment I've got a wisdom tooth coming through and it seems to make me want to constantly be chewing on something, even if I'm not particularly hungry. I did go over on my calories by like 400 today, but am going to try and not do the same tomorrow - it should be a bit harder since I'm going to be at work most of the day. Saying that, I ate about 3k calories at the weekend and still lost some weight anyway.

Needless to say, the biscuits have been put up on a high cupboard that I can't really get to easily so that I have to be really bothered to actually get them down...it seems to be helping a bit so far.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    protein!

my new favorite thing is chicken thighs because they are always so tender and juicy after they are made. so much in fact that even cold out of the fridge it's tender and juicy. at least with chicken breast i'd have to warm them up to make them pliable, but these thighs are too tempting.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The 900 calorie shake with my grilled chicken and salad at steak n shake....Next time I check the calories first....

I guess My metabolism boosted good enough to counter it, I was stress about going up some (243 to 250) and I weighed in last night AFTER the shake at 247 then today after a good workout and some....um... digestive processing I weighed in at 245 so I think I broke my plateau already. Now I can go down more....I hope.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    peanut butter.... damn i love the stuff :blushing: but 100cals for 1tbs is just plain crazy!:noway:
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I eat too much fruit, it always brings down my sugar to way below what it is supposed to be and each fruit is 100 something calories.
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Chocolate. For some reason I keep buy large bars of dark chocolate, thinking I will just limit myself to one square per day.... never works out like that. =/
    And who uses only a tbsp of peanut butter on anything?? That's like 1 bite. =/
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    The 900 calorie shake with my grilled chicken and salad at steak n shake....Next time I check the calories first....

I guess My metabolism boosted good enough to counter it, I was stress about going up some (243 to 250) and I weighed in last night AFTER the shake at 247 then today after a good workout and some....um... digestive processing I weighed in at 245 so I think I broke my plateau already. Now I can go down more....I hope.

My hubby did the exact same thing at steak n shake yesterday. Yikes!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sweet treats that I don't "need" but have anyways.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    MILK! Why is MILK so freaking high in calories!? Yikes.

My feelings exactly!!!!!
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would say my milk or my eggs :cry:
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Today it was the kashi dark chocolate cookies, SO SO good... and addicting.
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    And who uses only a tbsp of peanut butter on anything?? That's like 1 bite. =/

I often do exactly that... I find that a spoonful of pb with 2-3 well-placed chocolate chips on the spoon is a great snack for me about an hour before a run!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    olive oil, coconut oil, nuts , almond butter, peanut butter so basically fats but good healthy fats at least
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nuts. 1 oz isn't very many but for almost 400 calories 2 servings is way too much for my daily intake.