Am i the only one it pisses off

Options
when you go into the gym and the piece of equipment you want to use is being used by someone who seems to be there just because it is the cool thing to do... nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me insane... some days i want to grab them and tell them get offffffffffffffffffffff or work out... this isnt part of your probation.. if you dont want to work out and dont want to be here.. go home..

rant over...

thank you

Replies

• mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Looks like it is just you!:bigsmile:
  • Erinacarr
    Erinacarr Posts: 7
    Options
    I know exactly what your saying! some lady asked me politely how much longer i had on the equipment, and i told her about 30 seconds, so i finish up and wipe it down, then she gets on it and goes soooo slowly, chatting with the man next to her, i dont know about anyone else, but while i am jogging, or whatever, i have a hard time breathing, let alone having a conversation
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Hey, even the smallest and easiest workout can still be beneficial to them. :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    nothing as trivial as that would upset me that much.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    How do you know that they can't do anymore? Some people have joint problems or heart problems and are there to help themselves. Maybe try to be a little more understanding that not everyone is as physically fit as you are.
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I go 2 planet fitness. Tons of machines there. I just concentrate on my goals 4 the day and to hech with everyone else. HOWEVER...I use the same machines everyday...I dont like it if there is someone on MY machine when I'm ready 2 use it. I know neurotic...Right...lol I get over it though...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    They pay for the gym membership just like you.

Who are you to judge how people must work out?
    They might not sweat as much as others, they have might have health/medical issues that prevent them from work out as hard, etc. I say, good for them for even taking the step to get off the couch and move a little more.

Now here's a flower, maybe it'll calm you down and make you a little more tolerant of others. :flowerforyou:
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There is so much that goes on at the gym that ticks me off; I just don't go anymore. I do my workouts at home and love it!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way before, but it's been years since I've set foot in a gym. I personally prefer doing most of my sweating in the privacy of my home.

It wouldn't hurt to approach them, and just ask if they're going to be done soon. They probably saw you waiting, but they might get off sooner if you were slightly less subtle about it.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    It's really not my business how others work out
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    SMH

People are way to self entitled in this world. I'd just feel happy that person is taking a step towards getting healthier.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Damn thats harsh lady! They paid their dues just like you and do not need to exercise at your standards just because you're impatient. People have good days and bad exercise days and on those bad days it can be hard to really give it your all. At least their doing some thing because some thing is better than nothing. Also you do not know if they might be injured or some thing. Either way I hate to be rude but mind your own business! :smokin:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    when you go into the gym and the piece of equipment you want to use is being used half *kitten* by someone who seems to be there just because it is the cool thing to do... nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me insane... some days i want to grab them and tell them get offffffffffffffffffffff or work out... this isnt part of your probation.. if you dont want to work out and dont want to be here.. go home..

rant over...

thank you

Move to the freeweights. You'll be happier, less stressed, and get a better workout =p.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    As long as they're actually working out, I have no issue.

A couple weekends ago there was a guy sitting on the ground at the foot of the FreeMotion machine for 15 minutes, TEXTING. Legs crossed, just chilling and texting. There are only 4 FM Dual Cable Cross machines in the gym and the other 3 were being used properly. I was so annoyed.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I dislike the people who are leisurly workoing out.. Yea, maybe.

But 2 months ago I had just came off a broken ankle, and though it didnt look like anything was wrong, I was IN PAIN. So I was that person walking walking walking on the treadmill. Anything to get up off my butt!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling that with all of the people in the world's population, it HAS to piss someone else off too!

R.G. (AZ)
    P.G. (TX)
    S.M.ASCE
    Practicing Engineering Geology for 7+ years
    MFP Member 1+ year
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I havent seen this happen at my gym. Most people there are serious about getting fit which is why I chose this one. The staff are awesome too .
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    ok my opinion here.

but do you know their circumstances? maybe they just had surgery and cant work out as hard or there's some other circumstances.
    and surely there is other equipment at your gym that is not in use. That would allow you to change up your routine to lessen the chances of a plateau. So just because someone does not have the same agenda as you does not mean they're not there to benefit from the gym. Everyone is different.

Although, on another note, if they're not doing anything but talking then maybe it is better they not be at the gym... But there is nothing wrong with a conversation to distract you from the pain your muscles are in (which low levels can cause too)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't take real rest days, I take active rest, where I go to the gm and halfass something for 30-60 minutes. I pay the same dues you do, I can use the equipment at whatever pace I want just as you are free to do the same.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Meh. I am a mom and I have a high tolerance on annoying behaviors