30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Do any lads do this?

Or is it quite a girly workout?
    Yep he is around on this thread somewhere, he started about a week ago.
    It's not a firly workout but it has gurls in it :laugh:
    Try it you might like it
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I was taking well more than 10 seconds during the jumping jacks, cos I had to keep running off for a wee, damn pelvic floor! When I properly stop tho, it's just enough time to have a sip of my drink!
    Hahahaaaaa oh my days this made me laugh so much, I'm with you on the pelvic floor. After recently having a baby mine is out the window I took to running on the spot sometimes because I was sick of needing the toilet. Just wait until you hit double jump rope, they are a killer on the pelvis :laugh:
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do any lads do this?

Or is it quite a girly workout?

There's a dude with ripped abs on another thread who did this. :) Not sure if he's in this one. And a male friend of mine is currently doing RI30 as well.
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There are a few lads doing this <this guy>.

I needed something to get me started, this was just the ticket.

I've got really bad knees, so I had to cut some of the lunge moves to just being a static squat, but I'm still getting a great burn. Just finished Day 8 of Level 1. I didn't take measurements, but the mirror is telling me that there have been some positive changes...with alot of work to go.
  • azzle07
    azzle07 Posts: 10
    Options
    I was taking well more than 10 seconds during the jumping jacks, cos I had to keep running off for a wee, damn pelvic floor! When I properly stop tho, it's just enough time to have a sip of my drink!
    Hahahaaaaa oh my days this made me laugh so much, I'm with you on the pelvic floor. After recently having a baby mine is out the window I took to running on the spot sometimes because I was sick of needing the toilet. Just wait until you hit double jump rope, they are a killer on the pelvis :laugh:

I whimper out on the double jump ropes and just did the easy ones, I knew it would end in disaster! Am proud of managing to jump 120 times on the trampoline earlier tho LOL! really struggling to get motivation tonight! Damn telly too good!
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I need a little advice. I have 2 weeks of military duty coming up where I wont like be able to o the shred. By the time it comedian will be on day 18. Once of military duty, do you all think I should start where I left off or start all over? What about doing level 3 for two weeks?
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 level 1, and knocked out the pushups no problem! Had to do butt kicks instead of jumping jacks as my shins were achy with the jacks, but today just flew by. And yes I will admit it would be nice to see the scale come down, it is so much more satisfying to actually feel myself getting stronger and start to notice a little more definition throughout! Who has a huge smile on her face right now? This girl! Good luck everyone and all my love! :-)
  • Kelene616
    Options
    I need a little advice. I have 2 weeks of military duty coming up where I wont like be able to o the shred. By the time it comedian will be on day 18. Once of military duty, do you all think I should start where I left off or start all over? What about doing level 3 for two weeks?

I would say try where you left off and if it's difficult then stay there, but if you can power straight through, move up a level. Hope this helps. Good luck :-)
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I would say try where you left off and if it's difficult then stay there, but if you can power straight through, move up a level. Hope this helps. Good luck :-)
    First, thanks for getting past those auto correct typos lol! Secondly, thanks for the advice!
  • Kelene616
    Options
    Butlera8, anytime! And no prob lol, I have the same issue with auto-correct
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 3 of Level 1 today! I'm surprised I'm not more sore. When I tried doing this earlier this year, it hurt just to blink after the first day, and I quit! Right now, I'm really only feeling it in my arms and butt. Don't know whether to take that as me needing to work harder or my body being able to withstand more due to other workouts I've been doing over the past two months.
    I don't generally count the seconds as I'm usually panting to catch my breath or yelling at her that she is crazy, but it's usally one or two side lunges or push ups, etc. Lol. I figure that can't be more than 10 seconds, right? Hahaha.

Lol that's what I like to tell myself, too! I'm sure it might go a bit over that when it gets to the part in Level 1 when I'm doing back-to-back jumping jacks and jump ropes!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I know I'm probably a little late here but I've been working on the 30 day shred and it makes me feel AMAZING! I follow it up with 10 mins of pilates when I can too.
    Just need to note that I am a full time student, full time mom, and I work a mostly full time job so I do not do this every day as you are supposed to but I do try to do it every 1-2 days and my small goal is 3 days per week and large goal is 5 days per week. I'm doing pretty good on it and LOVE the way it makes me feel.
    I was super out of shape when starting this but I still try to do most of the exercises unmodified. I still do 'girl' push-ups but I'm hoping that I can graduate from those soon cause I hate how it makes my knees feel! Anyway, obviously still on level one but hoping to move up after 30 days on it total.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 3 of Level 1 today! I'm surprised I'm not more sore. When I tried doing this earlier this year, it hurt just to blink after the first day, and I quit! Right now, I'm really only feeling it in my arms and butt. Don't know whether to take that as me needing to work harder or my body being able to withstand more due to other workouts I've been doing over the past two months.

I had the same problem! I tried it one day and couldn't even get my butt off the couch without screaming in agony for 2 days after that! The next time I tried it, about a month later lol, I was pleasantly surprised that I barely hurt at all the next day. There is no way I could have done it the day after the first day but now I wouldn't have a problem doing it daily if my schedule was a little better.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and I am still having issues doing the push ups. Even the modified push ups. The muscles in my chest feel like they're going to rip out of my chest! Is this a bad sign, did I push myself too hard? Or is this a normal feeling for you ladies as well?
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Wait til you get to level 2.. There is so many work outs that you have to hold your upper body up.. Which I can not do right now. I will when I get skinnier tho.. Because right now I am 305 and I can't even hold myself up in long period of time o.O
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Day 4 and I am still having issues doing the push ups. Even the modified push ups. The muscles in my chest feel like they're going to rip out of my chest! Is this a bad sign, did I push myself too hard? Or is this a normal feeling for you ladies as well?
    I think this is normal. I had the same problem for the whole of Level 1, the outside of my chest/side of my boobs & armpits were in agony but by Level 2 you do that much planking your body adjusts. I'm on Level 3 now & have no problem doing the lady push-ups & the shoulder planks. Bearing in mind I could only do about 3 lady push-ups at the start of Level 1, so stick with it & try push through the pain......It does get easier
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    im on level 3 now, its a lot, but feel fabulous after.

What are people gunna do after 30 day Shred? another Jillian DVD or......
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    im on level 3 now, its a lot, but feel fabulous after.

What are people gunna do after 30 day Shred? another Jillian DVD or......

I'll see what happens when I get there. Don't have to worry for awhile. I might go back to my Zumba/Cardio boxing combo again for a bit. Or maybe Ri30.

Today though I managed day 8. :) It's the first time I noticed Natalie cheat - that's how observant I am. But even more excitingly, I did ALL of the side lunge/arm raises! My shoulders were jelly by the end but I did them. Not sure I can raise them high enough to hang the washing out though now.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    So I finished Level 1, Day 7. Its definitely getting easier. My left knee was hurting today, but I pushed through the Shred anyways! Its comments like the one's above that have motivated me to stick it out!!

you doing great :) my right knee hurt bad today and I once again didn't get the last 5-8 minutes in..level2
    Hope you are feeling better! My knee is better...I took yesterday off!
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this again today, the most I've managed before was 10 days and I'm determined to try and complete the full 30 days! Measurements have been taken, looking forward to seeing an improvement in those.
    I've started and stopped a couple of times before. This shred and a couple of MFP friends are pushing me to finish this time!
    Good luck!