Ladies!! What skincare products do you use?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    In my youth - Ivory Soap, as I aged, I added Mary Kay time wise!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I recently made the switch to Ava Anderson products and LOVE them. They all receive 0s and 1s on the Environmental Working Group scale, smell amazing and don't have any "junk" in them.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The Neutrogena Wave. My skin got really bad when I started exercising and it worked wonders.
  • higgins1988
    higgins1988 Posts: 38
    Options
    such a hard question because everyone's skin is different!

i have mild acne but i also have really dry sensitive skin so normal acne treatments don't work for me.

at the moment I use Avène soap free cleanser and their toner which is working pretty well (contains thermal spring water and is hypoallergenic).

for moisturiser i use Lancome hydra zen night cream and estee lauder BB cream during the day (amazing!).

one tip is to use a face mask every week - i do mine on a sunday evening.

:)

Love reading about this stuff - if anyone has a similar skin type i'd love to hear what you use.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My skincare products come out of my kitchen :) Honey, olive oil, backing soda (I use it very rarely as a deep clean, it's a bit harsh for me), fresh lemon juice and sugar are the most common though not all at the same time. Honey is very soothing and kind to the skin I use it as a face mask on it's own and as a scrub when mixed with sugar. Sometimes I'll use an egg yolk (egg yolk and olive oil are wonderful for a hair mask) or mix a mask from whatever fruit I have in the house if it suits my purpose. My skin is sensitive and finicky so it never liked whatever I tried from a store in the end I gave up and found alternatives. Honey is my wonder it never ever irritates and leaves me glowing.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Haha because of this thread, I just ordered Coalface from lush :)
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I use a handmade soap that is made from goats’ milk and is made in a little flower shop in CA. The scent is Raspberry Vanilla and the recipe is 4 generations old. She also throws some oatmeal in some of the bars of my soap and I use that bar once a week to exfoliate. I love their stuff.

For moisturizer, I use Lancôme.

My fav mask is homemade. I use strawberries, corn starch and honey. It gets all tingly and smells yummy!!
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Haha because of this thread, I just ordered Coalface from lush :)

HAHAHA!! Awesome! I have a sample of that sitting on my counter right now!
  • amy_fulk
    amy_fulk Posts: 69
    Options
    I have really bad skin reactions to all of my medications and have cystic acne as well. I use GeoGirl's T2G (Time to go) facial cleanser, Clean and Clear Moisturizer in the morning, Vitamin E moisturizer from Dollar General at night and Garnier's BB skin perfector. I found that the harsher chemicals and the more rough skincare products are on my skin (like scrubbing beads, or exfoliators) actually make my acne worse.
  • christinamonte
    Options
    As my skin is oily i use skinlastin cream for my face...i m using it since last 2 yrs and it showed me good results..I will continue with this cream only....
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of The Body Shop Seaweed Collection and anything by Philosophy!