Really? I can't believe he said that!

Options

Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Jealousy makes people veryyy ugly. He's a douche.

“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

:flowerforyou:

Thank you great quote!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    angryguy is right. He's playing a "trump card" that he knows will bother you, because he's pissed off and trying to make you feel badly.

I don't know why you're texting him, though... I'm not saying what he said was right, but I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected from a guy you KNOW is a jerk. You should probably mind your own business. She may be your sister but starting fights with her boyfriend is not your responsibility.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.

This person is my sisters boyfriend. I was txing him and telling him that he needed to stop making my sister cry.

I am guessing that your sister doesn't need to be with him either. He sounds like a very abusive person. Instead of talking to him, since that is apparently like talking to a wall, talk to your sister, and see if you can help her to see this guy for what he really is.

If you are spiritual people, ask God for help in how to deal with him, and pray for him. As far as what he says, remember that we cannot control the actions or words of others, only how we choose to react to them. Pray to let it go, give it to God, and move on. Don't let his words rain on your sunshine! You've done great with 14 lbs lost!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    He was obviously being defensive because you stepped into a situation that you shouldn't have been asked to step into. I don't know his side, if this is a chronuc problem or a one time argument they had, but I would say distance yourself.
    Tell your sister that you don't play ref anymore. It's her decision whether she stays with him, but you are not romantically entangled or emotionally invested so you have no good reason to interact with him. Maybe she'll clue in if she's the only one who still wants to spend time with him.

If she is to blame as well, as is the case in most arguments, then she needs to man up and take the consequences, and hopefully learn from mistakes, resolve issues and move forward. (And to clarify, I am not applying this to abusive relationships)
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    hugs... sounds like you're just a little less able to deal with his bs today, and just need a hug and to get away from him and the situation a bit. A trip to the coffee shop for a tasty beverage is my suggestion for the cure all (assuming you like such things).

Thank you, yes a hug is needed and greatly appreciated. I am glad he is in Texas and I do not have to see him around Michigan.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    In my general opinon, when someone says hurtful things about someone else, it's because they are feeling badly about themselves and trying, though trying the wrong way, to uplift themselves..... You were probably the closest target. Let it roll and be damn proud of the 14 lbs lost that I can see on your ticker!!!

This! You're right, you just "CAINT" fix stupid (in my southern accent).
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Hope you and especially your sister are free from that jerk very soon. Life is too short to have someone pouring poison in your ears.

Got that right, I can only hope she sees the light soon!
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    It can be hard when you are trying to help yourself and gain confidence and someone else tears you down (even if they don't know you are trying to help yourself). I have seen most often when people are losing weight others around them can become vicious for seemingly no reason because them seeing you getting lighter (even if you never mention you are trying to loose) makes them take a look at themselves. Even if they are not overweight you are improving yourself and you are gaining confidence and happiness. This seems to threaten some people who think they are better then others because they start realizing they aren't. He is lashing out at you not because of you but because of how he feels about himself. So know that for every insult the throws your way he is probably attacking himself much worse. Think of it as wounded animal syndrome... they are hurt and may bite you even if you try to help them but you wouldn't hold it against them instead you feel sad that you can't help them. SO feel sad for him he is just a wounded little animal... you can't be hurt by a little wounded animal he so little... and sad. So when he insults you just shake your head and feel sad that he is just hurting himself. ;-p If you catch my drift.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Truly and honestly, let it roll off your back. One thing I have found to be true: the more you let something go (say a nasty comment) from someone, and let it show that it doesn't bother you, then the person usually swallows on their own toxicity. I'm sorry to hear about your sister, all u can do is be there to listen, and be there for her. My personal opinion: I don't care what other people think of me; i can't change how they think of me, nor will i try because if i try to, change who i am then one, stresses me out, and two why should i change for someone? I mean, words are that: words, and actions certainly speak louder then that :D Also grats on the weight loss!!!!!

Great advise, you made me smile :smile: thank you
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Who talks like this.

wtf, really
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    People tend not to have such emotional connections with subjects that do not pertain to them.

I tend to look at people as either putting something positive into emotional bank accounts or negative. If they are positive and keep contributing towards the account, I will keep them in my life. If they keep withdrawing and never put back, BAM they are gonzo.

I don't tend to harp on what others think, frankly I just don't care. But, when it is family members it becomes a tough choice and at the end of the day you have lost 14 lbs!! That is fantastic and anyone whom is not contributing towards your healthy choices (mind, physical, spirit) should be ostracized and not worthy of your love, attention, affection and connection.

Everybody has a weakness and unfortunately this putz is preying on the one you are improving upon. If that doesn't make you a hero and him a zero....

Thank you
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just try to laugh it off. It's not your fault he suffers from micro penis. :bigsmile:
    LMAO yep
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Just remember:

You can lose weight, but...

You can't fix stupid!

AMEN!
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    you cant control other people, lets just hope your sister sees him for who he really is. if he actually makes her truly happy, just ignore him for her sake, if he doesn't make her truly happy, hopefully she can recognize what you already see and end it.

Let's hope so and soon.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.

This person is my sisters boyfriend. I was txing him and telling him that he needed to stop making my sister cry.

First things first...you need to stay out of their relationship.

Second...the guy sounds like a douchnozzle and hopefully your sister will give him a piece of her mind and then you won't have to deal with him at all. What he said was stupid, but it doesn't define you so let it go...it's so much easier to just dismiss him then to fret about it.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    angryguy is right. He's playing a "trump card" that he knows will bother you, because he's pissed off and trying to make you feel badly.

I don't know why you're texting him, though... I'm not saying what he said was right, but I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expected from a guy you KNOW is a jerk. You should probably mind your own business. She may be your sister but starting fights with her boyfriend is not your responsibility.

My sister asked me to tx him because she couldn't and I just simply asked him to stop making her cry.....lots more to the story, of course, then he said that that crap and lots more.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Who talks like this.

wtf, really

He does and often. Thinks he is the greatest thing ever. Treats women like crap and has no problem doing so. So I told him to get over himself and grow up!
  • Mgregory723
    Options

Second...the guy sounds like a douchnozzle and hopefully your sister will give him a piece of her mind and then you won't have to deal with him at all. What he said was stupid, but it doesn't define you so let it go...it's so much easier to just dismiss him then to fret about it.

I was staying out of it until she asked me to say something. Then it was on. HE was accusing her of cheating and we were out at my parents cabin getting her stuff ready for a yard sale and she wanted him to have some proof. So I tx from my phone.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    :cry: Never in a million years did I think I would let someone get to me by saying nasty stuff or calling me names....but I did. Does this person know that it is bothering me? HELLS NO! :mad: But now it is bothering me and I don't know why either. Yesterday, this evil person said I needed to go to sign up for Jenny Craig so I can start feeling better about myself and then called me Shamu and said I was Roseanne trying to act like Dr Phil. :sad: The guy is a piece of crap, I cannot say how I know him and he is not a friend. Sticks and stones and all that. I keep telling myself that at least I can lose weight - he can't fix stupid! Just wondering why I am letting it get to me today?!!

P.S. I guess I can say that this person is my sister dysfunctional boyfriend and I was just trying to stick up for her via txing him and telling him to stop making her cry per her request.

I know how you feel. No good deed goes unpunished.. BUT!! In this case let me give you my "Fat *kitten*" comeback.. Hehehe

"I may be Fat, but you're fugly and I can loose weight!" And, in this cae "fugly" can be physical, mentally, or personality.. Let them figure out which! Bwahahaha
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

I was staying out of it until she asked me to say something. Then it was on. HE was accusing her of cheating and we were out at my parents cabin getting her stuff ready for a yard sale and she wanted him to have some proof. So I tx from my phone.

Even so, this is when you say "No" to your sister. THat's not fair of her to ask you to do that and it truly isn't your place to get involved. That's all I'm saying.

Again, brush off what he said with a grain of salt.