30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1, level 1 with my new 2kg weights... OMG!! I almost died lol! I did stick it out though. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do the side lunges with my weights, but I only had to miss out 3 because my arms seriously couldn't lift any more haha but so.proud I managed it with the weights. I've already been doing a lot of squats so my legs hurt anyway, god knows how they're gona feel now :S lol
    Way to go....First 3 days are a killer on your legs & arms but if you can make it through them you will be able to push yourself through the full 30 days. Keep up the good work :smile:
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hi guys--i'm doing 30DS as well, started on Wednesday.

Question for you all--how do you track it in exercise? I don't have a HRM. Do you consider it circuit training? Aerobics?

Would love to hear your feedback--I'm still very new to MFP!

Thanks for your help!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Question for you all--how do you track it in exercise? I don't have a HRM. Do you consider it circuit training? Aerobics?

Thanks for your help!

Yes I log it as circuit training and it gives me a burn of 140 calories. I do this from reading how other people log it without having a HRM.
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 28 today... sooo looking forward to Sunday when it's over!

I am surprised how strong I'm feeling after all these days, it's incredible! I can also finally FEEL my abs - still not seeing them, but I know that they are there. All I want to do now (after I finish this workout) is burn that fat off! What's the point of having lovely abs if you can't see them because of the layer of fat??
  • I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3. Much better! I only took 2 very short breaks, one probably 5 seconds and one even less just to grab a quick drink of water. I did modify on the jumping jacks in Circuit 3 because the bottoms of my feet are bugging me. Sometimes I want to punch Jillian when she says "400-lb people do jumping jacks"! Maybe... but not going to push myself into plantars fasciaitis again. I also wimped out on a couple of the reps with weights on the side lunges. When it comes right down to it, I cannot believe how far I've come in only a few days. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. We will be out of town over the long weekend. I'm hoping to try Zumba while we are gone since the wife of the family we are visiting is a Zumba coach. Should be fun! I'll be checking back in on Monday or Tuesday.... good luck everyone, keep up the fantastic work!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    day 26 and I am so very ready for it to be over as well... whew I love the progress I have made but dang Jillian seems to be getting meaner as the days go by. but I can see myself doing it again in the future for more results... LOL
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options

Thanks for your help!

I have a polar FT4 HRM with the chest strap. I always burn over 200, mostly around 280-315 depending on how much I put into it and get my HR up. I think it varies drastically by each individual though. None the less, it's a great workout and you are going to see great results!!
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me to pull out my dvd and start this back. It killed me the first time and I quit after about five days. I cannot do push ups and found myself still struggling after five days.
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    You have inspired me to pull out my dvd and start this back. It killed me the first time and I quit after about five days. I cannot do push ups and found myself still struggling after five days.

I have done A LOT of modifying.. I had to and I have still seen great results!!
    I do not go all the way with the push ups, I go the Anita route on those in level 1 and on level 2 & 3, I can only do so many plank moves before my back tenses up so therefor I modify, def do not go down on those planking push up deals, my arms are getting strong from the military leg and arm move in level 2 and then level 3 moves, instead of plank jacks, I do more jump n jacks and I do not do jumping lunges I do regulars. Just do what you can :) I am determined to finish level 3 even though I modify A LOT, at least I can say and show I finished that way others will be motivated :) You CAN do this!!
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    First day of level 2 for me. I think I did pretty well. The workouts are more intense compared to level 1, but you can always modify. I followed Anita especially in those planking routines. I also appreciated the cardio routines more in this level than in level 1.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Day 9, level 1 done! I'm so ready to move on! My knees are feeling a little better due to a really good move that I discovered that really gets all of the quads, down into the knee where I have been so sore! To those of you who are almost done, Congrats! I wish I had kept up with it from the beginning of the month, because I would be done too! Oh well, life does get in the way of things sometimes!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Alright, so I need a little push.

Yesterday I had my heart ripped out of my chest by a guy. Now, I'm a tough broad, but let's just say, I didn't shred yesterday and I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to today. (I did go to the gym yesterday and get beaten by my trainer before the **** hit the fan, but not shred...) Still, my thought is keep busting *kitten*, get gorgeous, meet soul mate, live well, get the best possible revenge when he see you skinny and happy.

AND On top of all that!! My result for just the end of level 1 were

-1 hips
    -1 belly
    -.75 waist
    -1 bust
    -1/4 arms
    and I am now down 4lbs.

In ten days that's amazing I think... still couldn't make myself do it today. So yeah! Kick me in the butt guys, please! :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options

Yesterday I had my heart ripped out of my chest by a guy. Now, I'm a tough broad, but let's just say, I didn't shred yesterday and I'll be honest, I don't think I'm going to today. (I did go to the gym yesterday and get beaten by my trainer before the **** hit the fan, but not shred...) Still, my thought is keep busting *kitten*, get gorgeous, meet soul mate, live well, get the best possible revenge when he see you skinny and happy.

-1 hips
    -1 belly
    -.75 waist
    -1 bust
    -1/4 arms
    and I am now down 4lbs.

In ten days that's amazing I think... still couldn't make myself do it today. So yeah! Kick me in the butt guys, please! :)

If your fabulous results were just from 10days, think of how you'll be once you finish it out!!!
    Awesome.
    You can do it!

I did my Day 24 level 3 this morning, and then went walking for 1mile (my easy day).
    I do it in the morning, so I get it out of the way and done w/, so I feel good all day, w/out it nagging me (if I were to wait until night time or something).

Amanda
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options

Do NOT let him keep you from achieving your goals. Do NOT resort to taking your frustrations/sadness/whatever out on ice cream or chips or whatever your comfort food is but hit the gym or hit the DVD workout and work out your emotions there. Feel free to cry as well as sweat and you will feel SO much better when you are finished. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

He has lost. YOU have gained!!!! (and not weight!)
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is my second try at the 30DS....I think I went out of town the last time and was never motivated to restart. So, I'm just curious: are you going to do this EVERY DAY for 30 days or how do you plan to do this?

My regular schedule has been work in the AM on Tuesday and Friday (waitress/server) and then after I get home walk two miles and then run one more mile. I haven't got my run in yet today because I needed to mow the lawn but plan on doing so in about an hour. I will switch it up on the weekends as to which day I walk/run the three miles depending on what is on the calendar and I have to do.

So, let me know if you are planning on EVERY DAY or another schedule.

BTW--I KNOW I'm stronger than I think but I was ready to KILL JM halfway through! I thought I was going to die!!! LOL :)
  • SmallBodyBigHeart
    Options
    5 days down 25 more to go
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    im on level 3 now, its a lot, but feel fabulous after.

What are people gunna do after 30 day Shred? another Jillian DVD or......

I own the Ripped in 30 and the Maximize collection, but I might go right to the No More Trouble Zones DVD and work out some of those spots that I would like to get sleeker. All of these are JM DVDs.
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options

-1 hips
    -1 belly
    -.75 waist
    -1 bust
    -1/4 arms
    and I am now down 4lbs.

ahh been there and that is partly why I am here. I did the whole sulking , feeling sorry for myself (which we are all entitled too given then *kitten* broke our hearts) but then I woke up one day and said " no more of this" I will take control of me and my life. I will not let a cheating spouse, bickering, controlling mother or anyone else make me feel like I was not good enough. I did this for me, I feel more confident then I then I did in high school ! You can do this, do not let anyone make you feel like you are not worthy! We are beautiful no matter what but when we take control of ourselves and own it.. it is the best feeling in the world!!
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    So I just started (or attempted to start) the 30 day shred today. I am in my last days of a cold so I tried to start today but am going to wait until maybe Sunday when I am 100%. I have small question though. I am hoping it's just because I am sick but I had to stop for a couple breathers (more than 5 seconds) I know she says to push through since it's only 20 minutes or you won't see the results but if you physically can't do 20 minutes straight and take maybe a 1-2 minute breather is that bad? Like you won't see results or not as good results?
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump