How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options

Replies

• lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I just hit 30lb loss. Its been a few weeks shy of 8 months to reach that. Its been slow going & I only started MFP & calorie counting 2 months ago or so.
    I'm usually good about maintaining weight other than slow gain with age but Ill be curious how I do once I can increase my caloric intake. Im guessing I will handle it OK since Im used to eating less now.
    I gained weight from pregnancies.
  • asalikin
    asalikin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, and this is the exact question I've been wondering!! My original goal was to lose 45-50lbs, but I'm starting to think I'll be content with 30-35lbs. I love hearing about everyone's success'!!!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    About 4 months to lose 30. Want to lose another 10 or so.....wanting to trim up on areas and not sure how much weight loss that will be.....i use to be able to maintain my weight fine so hoping I can maintain as needed.
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    In 2009 I lost 46lbs in 23 weeks. From 207lbs to 161lbs (I still have my excel spreadsheet that I logged my weight in). Then I became pregnant after 3 months and ballooned myself all the way up to 245lbs. After the baby was born in 2010, I was at 224lbs...today I'm at 179lbs with so much more weight to lose. I just started MFP a few months ago but I am so inconsistent with it. I will NEVER stop trying to lose weight though :)
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It took me 9 months to lose 40 lbs and I've been maintaining for the last 2 years... my weight has somewhat fluctuated though.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My very first MFP post was about a week after I started here, during the 3rd week of March. It was titled something like, "37 down, 100 to go." So from Jan. 2, 2011 - March 2?, 2011, I had lost 37 pounds. I have kept it off. Now it's "105 down, 32 to go." I hit -100 1 year and 5 days after I began.

Unfortunately, though, 2012 has not seen sustainable new losses as I've floundered between 199 and 208 since the beginning of February.
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    As of today, I have lost 54.5 pounds since Jan of 2011. In those months, I had about five months of plateauing. I have kept it off. How? Exercising, keeping MFP accountable, and logging most days. Granted there are some days I splurge but I get right back on the next day. One day at a time!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 50 pounds. Kept it off since last August and lost another 24 as of last weigh in. Working so far.
  • joebeauchesne
    joebeauchesne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 months to lose 30, 5 to lose 50, and 9 to lose 85 - and its been basically 9 months that its stayed off - a few have come back (really by design), but I'm holding firm around the 85 pound mark!!! I look and feel so much better, no point in going back!

For me the 85 pounds got me well into the normal weight range - almost a bit on the thin side, so putting a little back isn't a bad thing - I'm running more and really got a lot more muscular through the legs as a result.
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter a little over 6 years ago I was at my highestttt EVER...OVERRRR 200lbs I was at the I lost almost 60 lbs about 3 years ago. I was in the best shape since my pregnancy and I was about 10 lbs LESSSSS than the day I found out I was pregnant and only about 20 lbs away from my lowest weight in high school (yeah I gained 81lbs total when I was with her father)...about a little over a year after taking off the 60 lbs I had been outta the routine of workingout and eating right I slowly drifted back where I didnt want to be. I gained 53lbs of the weight I lost BACK!!! Ughh talk about depressed/stressed out. I was at my happiest when I worked out & saw the results of it! I am 18 days strong with MFP and I am not stopping...Im totally addicted and ready to be back and my high school weight! and I wont let anything get in my way. I am always here to help motivate and push people to be what they could only dream of!!! Just like myself...I needed this push and MFP is helping me take control of my life again and it feels so good!!! You can add me if you would like some motivation or encouragment! I have lost 8 lbs so far and I have about 70 more to go.

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    It's definitly differen for everybody. The closer you get to goal, the harder it will be to come off. It also depends if a person has a lot to lose vs. they are 30lbs away from their goal weight. Someone who is 300lbs will most likely be able to lose 30lbs quicker than someone who is 180lbs.

Just keep eating right and keep active and it will come off.

This person has it completely right every individual has a different body type, metabolic rate, calorie needs etc.

That being said 30lb's was 28 days and 50lb's was 62 days
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It's definitly differen for everybody. The closer you get to goal, the harder it will be to come off. It also depends if a person has a lot to lose vs. they are 30lbs away from their goal weight. Someone who is 300lbs will most likely be able to lose 30lbs quicker than someone who is 180lbs.

Just keep eating right and keep active and it will come off.

This person has it completely right every individual has a different body type, metabolic rate, calorie needs etc.

That being said 30lb's was 28 days and 50lb's was 62 days

wish i could lose weight that fast
  • jenniferillene
    jenniferillene Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 37lbs in 4 months :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i just hit 50 pounds and it took me a lil more than 6 months....i hope to keep losing...a little at a time! haha...would like to hit my goal weight by this summer!
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lost 38lbs since about Jan 15th 2012. Still losing.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It took five months for me to lose 49lbs. I still have forty to lose though.
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs in 4 months, then hit a 6-8 week plateau, then kinda gave up (but still logged), gained 5 back in the last 3 months of horendeous eating and little to no excersise, just jumped back on the wagon and going through the motions until the motivation catches up :-)
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My weight loss progress is really slow (I think) compared to many of the success stories I've seen here. It's taken me about 2 years to lose 45 lbs (I had lost some of the weight before joining MyFitnessPal). I go weeks without losing a pound, then finally the scale will show progress. Especially recently, I've started to measure my progress in my measurements and how my body looks instead. My arms and stomach are looking so much better than they have in years (though I still fell like I have a long way to go).

Sometimes I've gained a few pounds back, and it sticks for a couple months especially around the holidays. This can be incredibly frustrating because I feel like each pound lost is so much work for me. But I just make sure to get back to my good habits as soon as I can and keep my mind focused on the goal.

For my healthy BMI level, I need to lose about another 20lbs. I may try to lose another 10lbs after that if I think I can do it in such a way to promote my fitness (and maybe run faster!).

I am the same way. I started end of January and have lost 20 lbs, but lost many inches, a little over 10. I still have 60 more I want to loose. It is going very slow for me
  • jss150
    jss150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds since Feb 15th! Key is to always underestimate the calories burned and overestimate the calorie intake. I try to exercise everyday and do my best to not add those calories back into my diet. :glasses:
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 months to lose 30, then I moved and maintained for a year, and it's now taken about 5 months to lose 20 more. I still have at least 20 to go but it's coming off really slowly :angry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!