How would you feel if someone said this...

Options

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It would motivate me for sure, and then I could fluant my hotness in his face and never ever give him a chance with me..it's paybacks, but thank him for the motivation.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's rude and he is shallow. It's a backhanded compliment (complimenting you while insulting you at the same time). Do not "thank" people for comments like that.

^^this

And your response should have been "Well don't take this the wrong way, but I always think you're cute too, until you open your mouth."

Keep it real, don't pretend it was a compliment.

Edit- unless he's under 23 and no experience with a woman. I'll give him points for stupidity and not meaning it badly in that case.

LOLOLOL
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This has been said to me before. It sucks.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him I'm already hot and that he can suck it.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That sounds like something my best friend would say. He is infamous for sticking his foot in his mouth I swear. :laugh:

Generally speaking if you have to preface a statement with "No offense" or " don't take this the wrong way" then you probably shouldn't say it in the first place.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    from beautiful to hot? Win win...good deal
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    some guys just have a difficult time expressing themselves in words. he knew it was going to sound a little off, but he more than likely meant well. ive been in his shoes and sometimes you just feel awkward saying something.

ive started out things with "with all due respect" and "i know this is going to sound wrong, but i cant think of a way to reword it....so brace yourself here it comes and ill try to explain what im meaning..."

and the people i compliment that way know my wording, how i talk, and i how sound when im actually trying to be serious.

would u have rather him said nothing?
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    Yesterday I was with a study buddy. He told me, "Don't take this the wrong way...you are beautiful, as soon as you lose the rest of your weight you're going to be SO hot! I'm going to look at you and be like damn girl..."
    I was like uh thanks hahahha
    I guess it's a compliment? I don't know, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way, yet motivated me.

I would have said he was the first to get removed from the guys that had a chance. Then I would have said something nasty to him just to make him feel like crap
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't over-analyze. consider it compliment. Your buddy see's you, knows your goal, knows your working hard at it, and was honest in visualizing the new you. Hot = win
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    He is just an idiot. Love yourself now, don't wait to love yourself tomorrow I think saying negative things about someones body shall be considered the same as racism or sexual harassment
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    punch them in the mouth and say "THANX!!!":laugh:
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    i would be flattered and offended. haha...wow...he probably was saying it because he can see the potential. =D
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    It's rude and he is shallow. It's a backhanded compliment (complimenting you while insulting you at the same time). Do not "thank" people for comments like that.

ONE THOOOUUSSSAAAND PERCENT, AGREE!! UGH! I do not even consider people who say things like that friends!!
  • calibudgirl
    Options
    gurl lose the weight and then tell him nahhhhhh!!!!!!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was with a study buddy. He told me, "Don't take this the wrong way...you are beautiful, as soon as you lose the rest of your weight you're going to be SO hot! I'm going to look at you and be like damn girl..."
    I was like uh thanks hahahha
    I guess it's a compliment? I don't know, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way, yet motivated me.
    As a guy he is totally baiting you for possible future considerations, hes testing the friend card-Ty
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options

If you can't leave it at "You're beautiful" or "You look great" then just don't say anything. Nobody wants to be complimented with conditions.

THIS!!!!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The proper response to a guy like that is "when I lose the rest of my weight, I'll be WAY too good for you to look at" :laugh:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    "Thanks, too bad I won't be interested in you."
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I think he meant it as a compliment and as a form of encouragement for you to keep doing what you are doing. Sometimes compliments are hard to say right, lol. He might ask you out too. :bigsmile:

this
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I walk around with a sign on me at all times that says "do not compliment my weight loss"... has been proven effective, some odd stares, but that's cause I wrote it on my forehead.