How many lbs in How many months???

Options

Replies

• clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    22lbs in 1 month

Wow! great job! how did you do that???? :)
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    50ish since Jan 3 2012
  • tamdagreat
    tamdagreat Posts: 1
    Options
    31lbs in 4.5 months
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I dropped 11kgs (24lbs) in 6 weeks - I planned (and managed) to keep muscle mass whilst dropping excess baggage! I started @ approx 95kgs and recently hit 80kgs. Now I'm planning to stay @ 82ish kgs, I always had a least 1 deliberate blowout per week (oh yeah, still do). I rate fat % more then weight. I laugh at BMI as I'm I'm still close to overweight (ha! - worst ever invented fat check)! Even when I was 95kgs I had 15% body fat but then I was overweight to the point when I renewed by house insurance, they sent a nurse! When she met me, her response was, oh, you're one of those sporty like people! The world should ditch BMI, everyone should get some fat % scales! My top tip, when you weigh yourself, don't beat yourself up if you go up in weight 1 day, every week my weight would shoot up just before it would drop and let's not forget, muscle is heavier then fat folks :)

Good luck for those still on their journey!
  • mcdonnell77
    mcdonnell77 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ive lost 79 lbs in 5 months :)
  • Rosie36
    Rosie36 Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you lose so much wieght in a short period of time!?
  • Liberty_7728
    Liberty_7728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 pounds in 2 months...not being really strict since I had two, week long vacations during this period. More focused starting this month with no trips planned for a while. I probably could have done better my first two months if I had stayed on track and not let myself indulge on vacation, but I don't regret it. It just motivates me to work harder at being healthier.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    23.8 lbs since January 1st, 2012. This week there was a bbq at work so I totally pigged out, I'll be headed out of town this weekend and then off to Disneyland next week so I'm really not looking forward to stepping on the scale when I get back. But oh well, it's a slow process that I'm sticking to!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    24 lbs in 4 months. I've slowed down since I'm almost to my goal!
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    66 pounds in 4 months:bigsmile:
  • gogo0000
    gogo0000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    16 lb in 4 months.....
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    30lbs in 5 months, about 27lbs to go.
  • Frannie1982
    Options
    49lbs in just under 3 months. (3 months will be 6/8)
  • 2012NSR
    2012NSR Posts: 51
    Options
    56 lb in around 5 months
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 15lbs in 5months. Don't really need to lose much more.

Some would say that is pretty slow, but I am happy with it. Plus, slow and steady wins the race. The faster you drop it the easier it is to pick it back up. I want to be able to take it off and keep it off.

Not to mention, I have lost way more inches...probably built some muscle along the way.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    306 lbs. in 35 months.......................

That is truly inspiring.
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight you are trying to lose. I find it takes me a bout a week and a half to loose a pound, but that because its really just vanity weight loss. My body is pretty healthy, it isnt trying to shed a ton of extra weight. Then if you are dieting it might even try to reserve that weight since you obviously are going through a famine haha.
    A pound a week is a very healthy goal, especially if you do not have a ton of weight to lose.
  • slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    42 lbs in a little less than 2 months.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I,have a question...I would like to loose say 20lbs in a months time...is that too much weight to loose in such short time or is it ok???
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    25 pounds since Jan 10th,2012