Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• Jileeun
    Jileeun Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are gamers :) We play WoW and Diablo III. He's big on the PS3 and 360...Feel free to add me :) I need some friends too!

Good Luck!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I've been on here since 2/12, but I'm just beginning to add friends. I feel it is important to add people with like interests as well as people that go through different experiences on their way to being healthy and fit.

I know the typical stereotype of a gamer is the person who sits in front of the computer / console eating cheetos all day long. Well that used to be me... Although, it wasn't cheetohs - can't stand them.

I used to play WoW (world of warcraft) for about five years, and before that it was Everquest, and DiabloI and II. I've given that addictive lifestyle up (3 years ago) and it has opened a whole new world of happiness for me.

But gaming has always been a source of enjoyment for me, as with food. Now I can enjoy both with moderation! So, what I'm looking for is some friends on here that are working to get fit, that struggle sometimes, that are gamers. I figure it would be fun to talk up some games along with our health and fitness goals.

I have a ps3, and a laptop that can handle high end games. I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 on my ps3 (haven't quite finished the story yet so no spoilers), mostly multiplayer matches. I plan on getting Diablo III for some summer fun.

Thanks for looking. Send me an invite!

I am a gamer for sure! I just finished Mass Effect 3, amazing game. I am a big Bioshock fan and can't wait for Infinite. I have all the consoles (although the Wii sees little action) would love to add other gamers.
  • 42diesel
    42diesel Posts: 7
    Options
    Into PC games and PS3. Playing Guild Wars mostly at the moment (waiting for Guild Wars 2) but also Portal & Call of Duty. Been playing online since Wolfenstein & Enemy Territory days.

I work in IT so spend a lot of time at work in front of a computer then I spend free time in front of the PC as well playing games. Definitely one of the reasons I need to lose weight.
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    i played wow from the launch of BC right until Cata dropped

but i dabbled in some others but nothing stuck, currently a few of us from WoW and such are all gearing up for guild wars 2

been in the last beta weekend and it was amazing

funny one when i first got into wow i actually lost near half a stone over 2 weeks because I litterally ate near nothing becuase i had just finished UNI and wasnt working, just hung out with friends when they got home from work, and sat at wow all day MAAAYBE grab some orange juice and a slice of toast if i was on a griff/bat back to a main city

other than that the usual Xbox 360 gems, been loving minecraft, its like lego... for adults! ^_^

that and playing emulator SNES and megadrive with my girlfriend on the laptop always fun for a giggle

and i like traditional gaming from pen and paper RPG's (mouseguard RPG is epic) to board/cardgames (watch will wheatons "tabletop" for some fun!)

/Ginv me!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love games. I have a PS3 and an XBOX 360. I'm currently playing Atelier Meruru. I love RPGs. Also still plaything through Final Fantasy Xiii-2 and Kingdoms of Amalur and would quite like to start playing Fallout New Vegas again. Also love playing Rock Band 3 and Dance Central 2. I'm just starting my fitness journey and have bad days but I'm in for the long haul. I'd be happy to join you on the journey!

Debbie
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bah! Posers! Noobs! I played Star Trek by teletype. ;)
  • mrtut68
    mrtut68 Posts: 8
    Options
    No PC games here, but I'm a 43 year old xbox 360 gamer since day 1 of xbox. I have a PS3 but mostly just have that for baseball and GT. I play far too much. I love COD games usually all the FPS and racing games. If it's about platform gaming, I can talk all day about it. Anyone can Add me on xbox STL STIG, or PS3 TutFam95. I have cut back, I might play an hour on a typical day, little more if I have walked at least 2 miles that day! Shout out to all the GAMERS
  • GoldfishKiss
    Options
    I'm new and a gamer as well. Weirdly enough, I tend not to eat when I play games or I'm on the computer. I'm too into what I'm doing at the time, so it's a good outlet for me. Right now, I have a PS3. I just got done with Mass Effect 3, and I plan to replay it a couple more times. I'm looking for some new games to play as well. Add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Former gamer who spent more time gaming during grad school and beyond than I'd like to admit. :happy: Have given it up for a variety of reasons (including negative effects on my soul and body).

But I'm happy to support fellow geeks. Especially since this time we're setting achievements & doing "quests" for a healthy lifestyle. :smile:
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just on the 360 but my favorites are assassins creed, fable, borderlands, final fantasy, blue dragon, and Gotham city imposters..... oooooo and bayonette and can't forget zumba
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    sims 3
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love Blue Dragon! Great game. And Lost Oddysey. That was amazing. My Xbox doesnt see muc haction with the exception of Dance Central 2 anymore. Really enjoyed the Fable series too!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My husband and I play Wow (him since it came out, me for about 4yrs). We recently got Diablo III, he has played Diablo for years but I never had. I've played it a few times now ans it's ok but I still like Wow better.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer ! well I used to be a gamer as I play rarely these days! u know life and work are taking my full time almost! trying to give sometime to family and exercising!!

I play PS3 most of the time before and I'm a crazy about FPS games! I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 & Battlefield 3 :D

I also Play League of Legend sometimes on my laptop!

anyone feel free to add me and please don't forget to add a msg with the friend request ...!
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    Gamer for life here. I have a 360 and ps3. Feel free to add me.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love Blue Dragon! Great game.

Isn't it!!!!!! At first I was a little skeptical off the game but I'm addicted!!!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Likewise, im saving up to fix my poor sick PS3, will work for low carb high protein food
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Played EQ from the age of 11 to 16, SWG, EQ2 for a few months, and then WoW up to the age of 22. Back into EQ (better quality game/people) and stuck on Diablo III ATM, however... being in the military, I work out at work and or before work, and make time for my son and a home run or workout as well.

I've found having other things to do besides game has helped me get away from the 'addiction'. I still play too much as far as my wife is concerned.... but 10 minutes is too much to her :D
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Add me! I play diablo ii and iii :P
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    <---Gamer checking in and yes I am a girl :)

Started the old school text games <Zork etc>, found my way to a friend who got me into the beta testing of EQ and I stayed there till about 2004, then moved to EQ2. Stayed with EQ2 till this year and I went back to my beloved EQ.

I also play Sims 3 as well, but I prefer EQ1. I am trying hard to keep it casual and not get back into the MUST PLAY MUST RAID PHAT LEWT RAR mentality, cos that is partly where I got the extra pounds from :( I am strictly casual now. I log in every few weeks to get my fix and play for a few days, then leave it be for a while.

I am pretty lucky, my husband is a gamer and doesn't mind when I play as long as I return the favor.