Visualize This

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    marianne - what kind of dog do you have?
    I just started enjoying walking my dog. I have a puller, but I finally bought a harness for him and now, wow... pure pleasure to go for a walk - even with the double stroller :happy:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    10/12/2009
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221
    Shannon 155
    Jessica 173.8
    Becca 181
    Linda 160
    Rose 146
    Arienna 296.4
    Davisa 203
    Marian 161
    Jeannie 221
    Pam 203 (+13 pounds from September :sick: )
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I sooo should have not started this yesterday, TOM showed up when I woke up yesterday morning :( I am very determined though, regardless of how crappy I feel haha. I guess I might just get a slow start. My main problem is horrible cramps and I always get a headache for a few days prior and during the entirety of my period and absolutely nothing will even lessen the pain! So needless to say, I've eaten healthy today but not got around to getting any exercise in due to my head throbbing.

My favorite exercise is also the elliptical! I belong to Any Time Fitness as well and I love it. You can go any time, which is really convenient for me, unlike the other gyms here that open at 9am and close at 7 pm.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day! :smile:
  • Arienna
    Options
    Oh also happy to see Amber! :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I sooo should have not started this yesterday, TOM showed up when I woke up yesterday morning :( I am very determined though, regardless of how crappy I feel haha. I guess I might just get a slow start. My main problem is horrible cramps and I always get a headache for a few days prior and during the entirety of my period and absolutely nothing will even lessen the pain! So needless to say, I've eaten healthy today but not got around to getting any exercise in due to my head throbbing.

My favorite exercise is also the elliptical! I belong to Any Time Fitness as well and I love it. You can go any time, which is really convenient for me, unlike the other gyms here that open at 9am and close at 7 pm.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day! :smile:

I can totally relate to the pain! If you can get rid of your headaches and work out that will actually lesson the cramp pain! I had to laugh at myself when I had my first TOM as yall call it after my daughter was born b/c I had forgotten what cramps felt like! I started freakin outthinking I was having complications after the birth! Ha! Sure didn't miss 'em those 9 months! Good luck with the heachaches...
  • Arienna
    Options

I can totally relate to the pain! If you can get rid of your headaches and work out that will actually lesson the cramp pain! I had to laugh at myself when I had my first TOM as yall call it after my daughter was born b/c I had forgotten what cramps felt like! I started freakin outthinking I was having complications after the birth! Ha! Sure didn't miss 'em those 9 months! Good luck with the heachaches...

I know exactly what you mean about not remember what cramps felt like after giving birth! I always had very mild periods before my children were born, now they are horrible!!

Oh also, was going to ask anyone if they have facebook?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hmm... my favorite exercise? I really like the elliptical, which is good because I can't stand the treadmill. I also like strength training - something about lifting weights and pushing yourself and slowly over time seeing myself lifting heavier and heavier weights is really neat.
  • maddmaddmama
    maddmaddmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started enjoying walking my dog. I have a puller, but I finally bought a harness for him and now, wow... pure pleasure to go for a walk - even with the double stroller :happy:

I have a boxer/pit and he's also a puller, a major one at that no kidding i feel like my arm will pop out sometimes. he has a collar and a harness and when we go on walks i have the retractable leash attached to him. at first he goes nuts but when he gets really tired he calms down alot. i know i have to train him but i dont have the patience and the money for training school. How old is yours? mines just turned 2.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

I have a boxer/pit and he's also a puller, a major one at that no kidding i feel like my arm will pop out sometimes. he has a collar and a harness and when we go on walks i have the retractable leash attached to him. at first he goes nuts but when he gets really tired he calms down alot. i know i have to train him but i dont have the patience and the money for training school. How old is yours? mines just turned 2.
    Mine (Jake) is 4. I got him when I was 6 months pregnant with my first. I had grand ambitions of walking him everyday - LOL... then toward my 8th month of pregnancy, in the dead of winter he pulled me so hard I fell on my belly.
    This past summer we walked 2 miles almost every day, he pulled and pulled and I have tendonitis in my elbow and would be in pain after the walk. My husband's work schedule changed a little this fall and he started traveling a lot so most of September I was off my exercise wagon. Anyway, long story short - I knew about the gentle leader but Jake could get out of that with a shake of his head. Cesar Milan recommended a harness for another puller - I decided to try it and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Night and Day. Even my husband who is 6'1" and 230 pounds wasn't getting tugged all over the road.

BTW - King is a cutie!!
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Okay... so.... still having trouble with calorie intake. I am not sure, if my body is adjusting to eating too few calories or if because I am eating too few, it's kicking my *kitten*. I think I have been working out TOO much (i know it doesnt seem possible right?) But the more I work out every day, the longer I want to stay at the Gym. Yesterday I burned like 500 cals, and took in like 1300. Thats a total of only 800 for the day. *sigh*. So, I THINK that I need to like, bump up how many cals I eat on work out days, and give my body a nice day off (which I tried to do over the weekend but I feel lazy when I don't work out).

What are any of your thoughts? Anyone have any awesome recipies that are maybe high in fiber and cals but low in fat and carbs? More nuts on days I work out? More protein?

What do you think?
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    Can I join this group...pls? Just started today and would love the motivation and also need someone to make sure I get on that scale once a week...i tend to run from it....
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Can I join this group...pls? Just started today and would love the motivation and also need someone to make sure I get on that scale once a week...i tend to run from it....
    Of course you can join,and welcome! it's a great group and everyone's wonderful.

rkorduner
    Yes eat some nuts, and cheese I'd say. I don't seem to be anywhre close to the proble you are having, but I nkow nuts are high in the things you want and low in the others, cheese is also a good one an goes well with the nuts (in my opinion, but is there anything that doesn't go good with cheese?) I guess I'm at a loss for anything else, crappy weather outside, it always turns my brain to mush. Good luck! Oh I know, if you like peanut butter, I have Peanut butter and nutella or pear butter sadwiches on Arnold double fiber bread often for desset, do a nice sandwich therwise with lean meats!
  • Giggles27
    Options
    NisiJam can you add me to the list

Anu-218 (not sure if im am 215 or 218)...so the truth will come out next wk for sure....
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

What are any of your thoughts? Anyone have any awesome recipies that are maybe high in fiber and cals but low in fat and carbs? More nuts on days I work out? More protein?

What do you think?

Plan you meals and snacks ahead of time...I think meals should be 300 to 400 calories and snacks 100 to 200 cal. I like the idea of cheese and an apple

I like the buffalo chicken wraps...lettuce, tomato, 1/2 c. chicken, 1/4 c. low-fat cheddar, 1/2 T of Ranch, 1/2 T of Buffalo Wing Sauce with La Torilla Soft Wrap (13 g of fiber)....fills you up

Hope that helps!!!

Welcome Giggles...now your committed in writing...here it is

10/12/2009
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221
    Shannon 155
    Jessica 173.8
    Becca 181
    Linda 160
    Rose 146
    Arienna 296.4
    Davisa 203
    Marian 161
    Jeannie 221
    Pam 203
    Anu 218

Total 2760.2

Average 197.2

Kim
  • amym1
    amym1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Oops! Forgot to add my weight to the list - 196.5.

Amy

10/12/2009
    Kim 179
    Ian 242
    Tiff 221
    Shannon 155
    Jessica 173.8
    Becca 181
    Linda 160
    Rose 146
    Arienna 296.4
    Davisa 203
    Marian 161
    Jeannie 221
    Pam 203
    Anu 218
    Amy 196.5

Total 2956.7

Average 197.11
  • Arienna
    Options
    Evening everyone! Today was much much better than yesterday for me. Maybe it's because my kids were in school? :laugh: But really, I feel much better on my TOM, still kinda crappy but better. I ate well all day, I just got back from the grocery store though and threw dinner in the oven, I never had an afternoon snack and this is the time of day I get really hungry if i don't eat and maybe I have some blood sugar problems going on because I will get light headed and a shaky feeling, anyway so I was craving EVERYTHING. I just kept telling myself how angry I would be if I messed up my day now! So I came home and ate a banana before making dinner, and felt TONS better. I know we're supposed to post recipes that are kid friendly, I don't know if this one is so much kid friendly, but my 5 and 6 yr olds love it and I am having this for dinner today with steamed broccoli and whole grain bread on the side.

Greek Style Baked Chicken

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
    black pepper
    2 small plum tomatoes, sliced
    2 tbsp diced sweet red pepper
    2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
    1/2 tsp oregano
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup feta cheese ( I use reduced fat)
    1 tbsp olive oil

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    2) Use a well greased baking dish just big enough to fit the chicken breasts
    3) Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground black pepper and set aside
    4) In a bowl, toss together tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic and feta
    5) Spoon over chicken and drizzle with olive oil
    6) Bake 25-30 Minutes or until chicken is no longer pink

Nutrition info: This is what the recipe states, although I use reduced feta not regular so I'm not sure about the adjustments, I will have to subtract the difference I guess that regular feta has but have not done that yet

Serving size: 1 Breast
    Calories 268
    Total Fat 12.9 g
    Sat Fat 6.5 g
    Monounsaturated fat 4.6g
    Polyunsaturated fat 1.0 g
    Trans fat 0
    Cholesterol 101 mg
    Sodium 498 mg
    Potassium 425 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 3.7g
    Dietary Fiber .6 g
    Sugars 2.6 g
    Protein 33.1 g
    Vitamin A 15%
    Vitamin c 29%
    Calcium 20%
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Congrats Arienna! Unfortunately I had the opposite of a good day.. I made my calories but my fat and sodium were both high, two I'd rather not be over. I started out WAY under and then went into a BAM way over (in those areas) I waS so stressed and busy today I didn't have time to eat, nor was I really hungry. I seem to do the best on days that I work.. and I work tomorrow thru Saturday, so then all I gotta do is make it a good Sunday and hopefully I'll have a good weigh in! However I now have 3 days to wait to find out if we're approved to rent the house we saw today.... so I have no idea how 'm gonna be... I think I may need to buy some snack sized candy bars make my husband leave one out and HIDE THE REST! I'll have a recipe tomorrow for yall!
  • Giggles27
    Options
    I can admit for my first day I didnt do so well...I should have exercised a lil more at the gym today...I should have stayed that extra 30 mins...I wasnt prepared and didnt plan my meals as well as I should have...tommorow morning I have to go on the scale and realistically weigh myself...since I didnt get on it this morning....one of those downer type of ways...goodnight
  • maddmaddmama
    maddmaddmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Mine (Jake) is 4. I got him when I was 6 months pregnant with my first. I had grand ambitions of walking him everyday - LOL... then toward my 8th month of pregnancy, in the dead of winter he pulled me so hard I fell on my belly.
    This past summer we walked 2 miles almost every day, he pulled and pulled and I have tendonitis in my elbow and would be in pain after the walk. My husband's work schedule changed a little this fall and he started traveling a lot so most of September I was off my exercise wagon. Anyway, long story short - I knew about the gentle leader but Jake could get out of that with a shake of his head. Cesar Milan recommended a harness for another puller - I decided to try it and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Night and Day. Even my husband who is 6'1" and 230 pounds wasn't getting tugged all over the road.

BTW - King is a cutie!!

Oh my goodness i can't believe you fell on your belly!? thank god your baby is ok? yea the harness does no good for me i spoil him to much i guess. now that i think about it i think i have tendonitis..what are your symptoms of such...wow..2 miles good job..you shoud continue with that. i dont even know how far we walk i just know how long...i think its about 2 miles but im afraid to walk him too long he always looks like he'll dehydrate of something. anyway thanks for the compliment on my kingston :tongue:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    This is about the most simple recipe I know, but I love it. Not sure how many kids would like it... I know my 13 yr old sister did. It’s great because you can add other spices or change it up per your individual tastes really easily, but I happen to like it just like this (it’s good with couscous and salad).
    Recipe - Lemon & Garlic Tilapia (for a single serving)

Ingredients:
    Tilapia (4 oz.) – about 2 fillets (I use Kroger Tilapia Fillets that are individually wrapped and packaged about 6 to a bag - in the packaged frozen seafood section of the grocery store)
    1 lemon
    3 cloves of garlic

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 425.
    Take a pan with edges and place a sheet of foil down (enough that you can put the fish on it and wrap the edges up around the fish to cover it). Crush up the fresh garlic and place it on the foil. Put the frozen tilapia on top of the garlic. Squeeze the lemon over the fish. (I try to pick out the seeds as they fall, since they’re not too pleasant to bite into). Wrap the foil so that the fish is contained in the foil. Bake 12-14 minutes (9-11 if the fish was already thawed), until the fish flakes off with a fork. Usually I'll uncover the fish and let it bake for an extra 2 minutes.

When it's done, I usually leave most of the garlic in the pan and eat just the fish, but I know some people really like garlic - just count the calories!!

Here is the nutrition info, based on the assumption that I’m eating 4 oz of fish, 1/2 of a lemon yield of juice and 1 clove of garlic. (I know I use a whole lemon and 3 cloves, but a lot of that stays in the pan when I’m done cooking.)

Calories: 110
    Carbs: 3g
    Fat: 1g
    Protein: 23g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugar:1g
    Potassium: 41
    Iron: 6
    Cholesterol: 50
    Sodium: 181