5'8" ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my Ultimate goal weight is 160ish. Give or take 5-10 pounds :) if I'm totally happy at 170 I'll stick to that :) or vice versa! About 5-6 years ago I was 155 and happily in a size 6 :)
  • sassypoppet
    sassypoppet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm straight up 5'8 :) and my UGW is between 140-150..and am very comfy here and love how I look and feel.... but I would love to just once get to 139 for fun.. crazy I know, but it's a goal..

Having said that, I muscle up very easily (HS/collegiate athlete), and my body seems to be remembering this with ease.. the biggest thing for me at the moment is transitioning to a "clean" eating style, and it's making a huge difference :)

Whatever your goal, whatever your reason, stick with it!!! We can do this girls!! :) and feel free to friend me - I love having dedicated folks that are in the "same skin" as I :)

Rawk on!
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" (close!) - my goal weight is 145.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm shooting for about 135-140, but it'll depend on how I look as I get closer. I'm focusing more on toning and losing inches than the number on the scale. You can see in my profile pic that 150 didn't look good on me because I was still flabby lol. It'll depend on how you carry your weight and how much muscle you have.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" and 3/4 and my goal is 126 but i'll be happy with 130 :happy:
  • SaraADaigle
    SaraADaigle Posts: 51
    Options
    I am 5'10"
    In my profile pic I am 160 lbs. I am trying to get down to 145 - 150... all in all ... I want to be a size 6 which i am almost there... so I think it might be closer to 150 than 145 ....

I started at 210 lbs. which was about 6 years ago ... it has been a long battle ... lol .... finally getting to the point where I can keep it off .... :))))
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Height 5ft 8
    SW: 275 lbs
    CW: 185 lbs
    GW: 165 lbs

Going to re-evaluate when I reach 165 weather or not to go for 150/155
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    5'8
    CW: 125.3 (weight in tomorrow though! :D)
    GW: 121.5

I'm doing this healthily with an aim of about 1650 calories a day. It works! :P
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    SHOOTING FOR 160! I'll get there! :smile:
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my ultimate goal weight is 150-160. Will probably depend on how I feel when I get to that point, too!
  • dancingrobot
    Options
    I'm more like 5' 9" (shoulder/back pain tends to make me shorter haha). My starting weight was 206; my goal has been to get down to 180 and then reevaluate if I need to lose more (I'm quite large chested, like DD or DDD, so a few extra pounds makes sense.) I've been thinking about trying to get down to 160, but I feel like I'm stuck right now at about 185 :/
  • dscardelli
    dscardelli Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 5'8". My lowest weight I had ever been was 155 but I was in my 20's. I am now 47 and am shooting for a goal that is near that weight again. However, after giving birth to two children, breast feeding, age (and gravity LOL) and now menopause the body changes. So, I will decide as I go along and get closer to that number. My advise is to go down to where you feel comfortable and healthy looking. Most charts say 134 to 163 is the range for our height.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'9 but my goal is 160 feel free to add me
  • pixistix79
    pixistix79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 130. I was around 115 in HS so I think somewhere around 122 is good for me...122 and toned haha. Currently mixing up some weight training classes and cardio, we'll see how it goes...
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SinfulMe
    SinfulMe Posts: 38
    Options
    I am 5'9" and larger boned. My goal is 145 pounds. When I weighed 158 my doc said I needed to lose another 10. She was right. Of course I put it all back on... Bone structure is important - I have large wrists, knees, hands... nothing small about me, but 145 is good. 152 is doable!

Good Luck!
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    I'm 5'7.25" and I don't really have a goal weight, but I'm currently floating around 150-155. I'd like to drop my body fat down, but not too worried about my actual scale weight. It'd be nice if I could slowly get rid of 10 pounds and gain some more muscle, though!
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and got down to 136 my lowest. Feel best around 138-139. I'm 153.8 now and don't like it. I feel better in the lower 140s.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Generally, whatever your weight was in high school is probably the best weight to shoot for. Unless you were obese in high school.
    That was the case for me so I got a body composition analysis done. It determines how much your bones and organs weigh as well as your water weight. I was very surprised to find that my lean mass = water, bones and organs is150 lbs... Weighing less than 160 ( I would have less than 10 percent body fat) would be unhealthy.
    I would definetly get a body composition analysis done before deciding on the goal weight. The BMI chart that everyone uses is over 100 years old and woefully out of date and it does not take into consideration lean mass. So, with that said and with much discussion with my doctor, probably about 175. However that doesnt tell me how much fat I have lost so I have to measure inches lost to see any significant difference.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like being a little fuller and curvier.

SW: 278
    CW: 257
    GW: 190

I think 190 willl be great for me, but I will not go beyond 175.

I laugh because some of your starting weight is my goal weight. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!