When Was Your First Time?

Options

Replies

• rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    When my scale topped 200 pounds and I saw myself in pictures. I knew it was time to do something about the disaster I had become.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It was two events happening kinda close to each other. I saw pictures uploaded for the end of the year celebrations at college and I looked sooo much bigger than my friends. Then I was at Friendly's with my mom and I saw what I ended up ordering (a honey barbeque supermelt sandwich with fries) and I actually broke down and started to cry. That's when I started to really watch my weight and learn about exercising.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    when i was rewinding the tapes at work and saw myself and someone asked who is that
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and the hand went alllll the way around in a full circle ah!
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had to be triggered the other way. I always knew I was heavy and thought of myself as a big girl but didn't realize just how blah I looked until I took "before" pictures of myself when I started MFP. It wasn't the fact that I looked fat in the pictures but how unhappy i looked. I have taken regular pictures during this physical change and it has helped to keep me honest and I smile now:)
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've always known I've gained weight, but I was in a relationship, and he did not care. He had the philosophy that you should eat what you think tastes good. He liked me as I was, so I didn't really think about the pounds creeping up on me.
    Now I'm single, and I've changed most of my lifestyle, I'm back in school, living with my parents again and so on. I've tried both while I was in the relationship and after I moved back with my parents to track calories, gone to gym and so on. Not at the same time though. All without success. I lost a few pounds, gained about the same if not more after a while.
    When I realized I'm about the same weight as my mom, but 8 inches shorter than her, then I really put my foot into it. I first found another site to track food and exercises, but then I was recommended MFP. I managed to make my mom join too, and now when we do it together, I think it'll work out just fine! :D
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I was about 2 weeks postpartum, tipping the scales at 275 pounds (when I became pregnant I was 186),and my doctor told me I needed to get lap band surgery. Also my fiancee temporarily left because I was really lazy and very depressed, and I don't blame him. I didn't get surgery, just dropped that doctor and changed my eating habits, started moving more, got help with my postpartum depression. I'm down 61 pounds so far and my relationship with my fiancee is better than ever now.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think just like a lot of ppl when I saw the pictures! Yep...the ones from the holidays. Never realize how big I was until I saw them and after stepping on the scale I was damn near pushing 250 SMDH...250! Which means I was bigger then when I was 9 months pregnant -which was the saddest part. How could I be bigger solo than when I had another human inside my body? Thats when I made the initial change that I keep falling off of and getting back on.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit into my clothes. I literally wore the same few tops and jeans over and over again because it was all I could fit into. I had a whole nother wardrobe from when I was smaller that I held onto. I knew I didn't want to go up a another size so I told myself this was going to be the year to change it. I still can't fit into some one the smaller clothes but each week I find a few more pieces of clothing that I can fit into again. Love being able to wear my summer dresses again. Been a long time since I have wore dresses.
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    our school's photo company posted our HS graduation pics today. EW. BIG wake-up call.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think I have SHALLOW HAL syndrome because I thought I looked good and was just a little over weight. Then after Hanukkah I weighed myself and I was over 200 lbs. I had my husband take some pics of me and I was shocked to see how lumpy my bum was and big my legs were. I have been with my husband 23 years and over weight for 16 of those years, so I felt terrible cause I am always flaunting myself to my husband like I was all that..lol ... He laughed and said I always loved you no matter your size. So as I lose weight he takes pics of me so I can see in photos the truth...Shalom
  • kay88
    kay88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand looking in the mirror. My clothes were tight. Then I stepped on the scale and saw 196. I was almost to two hundred and I just sat down and cried. I am down to 187, but I can't get consistent on working out and eating right. I'm a teacher and school just ended, so I told myself I was dedicating my summer to ME. All about me this summer, I'm going to join the gym, have a work out buddy, eat right and show up next year a healthier person.
  • weldinchic
    weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The very first time was in high school when I realized I didn't have a chance with that cute boy I met over the summer. Lost 40 lbs back then. The second first time was 6 months into my marriage (different cute boy). Hour commute to and from my last semester in nursing school killed my diet and it's totally true about weight gain in a committed relationship but 30 lbs in a six month period is excessive. I am not buying one more pair of jeans "just one size up" ANY MORE!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My realization hit when I went to the beach with my whole family and didn't have enough energy or strength to keep up with my 8 year old twin cousins who wanted to spend as much time with me as possible. I felt so bad everytime I had to tell them that I was tired and needed to rest. :(
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I sat on my son's swing and the chains dug into my thighs on either side. I sat on it again recently though and the chains don't dig in anymore. :drinker:
  • EmilyGetsSkinny95
    EmilyGetsSkinny95 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Realizing I had stretch marks at 15 was one thing that woke me up, and the other was going shopping for new tee shirts, only to bring home several large tees that were skin tight. Mission: Muffin Top Elimination.
  • tbaker1330
    tbaker1330 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I got on the scales at the doctors office and realized that I was within 38lbs of 300lbs- knew things had to change
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Went to the Dr. and the scale read 300...that was my moment.
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For me, I decided I needed to lose weight March 2012, when I announced to my friends that my daughters (3rd) birthday would be at the new waterpark. My neighbor said "you're going to make us put on bathing suits"....it was THEN that I thought, OH CRAP....I don't want all my friends/family/neighbors to see me in a suit right now. I'd better do something about it.

It's been slow...now still 9.5 lbs away from goal. I've been bouncing at this weight for about six months....I'm not as focused as I was for the first 16 lbs....they came off fairly easily. In fact the weight I'm carrying I put on before ever getting pregnant the first time...so this weight has been with me for 10+ years. I just need to get the motivation to get it off. I keep tricking myself that the running/training I'm doing for an august event will help shed those last lbs...but it's not.
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    never even noticed it until i lost weight....looking back now at pictures i thought i looked ok in at time i now look at in disbalief
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!