What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was putting a record (vinyl) on to listen to and my 10 year old asked me why the cd was so big.

I graduated high school in 1999. Kids born in 1998 are now entering high school! :noway:
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My oldest will be starting middle school next year! boo hoo hoo.....
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    That Guns and Roses are considered classic.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had to explain what a rotary phone was to my kids.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My first "baby" is getting married in a few weeks, and moving across the country. It makes me feel old and heartbroken.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    My ipod played Journey in the car and the youngsters I was with exclaimed "OMG THAT'S THE SONG FROM GLEE"

• fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When my 4 year old told her grandma that she was downloading stuff to my phone... I was in such shock that she even knew what downloading was and knew how to go to the app store and actually download items. But the biggest shocker was when I heard myself say in a strange out of body experience "Kids today amaze me! We didn't do this stuff when I was a kid. I can still remember getting on DOS and playing checkers and thinking it was SO COOL!"
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My ipod played Journey in the car and the youngsters I was with exclaimed "OMG THAT'S THE SONG FROM GLEE"

:laugh:
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    I look at 'kids' these days and despair of the future of our society.
    &
    My 30th High School Reunion is coming up in 2 months!!!
    30 years?WAIT>> I dont remember getting that memo? I've been out of the 'office' for the past 20 years..

& my "natural' haircolor is now ... completely grey...
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    The fact that i will have a 10 year graduation reunion next year. I mean, i don't usually feel old (i'm 27), but i just can't believe that it is almost 10 years since i graduated high school. I still feel like it happened yesterday...

Yeah, well, 'kiddo' get in back of the line...
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm not flexible enough any more for some really complicated yoga positions I used to be able to do easily! :( I'm only 27 and I can't lie on my stomach and bring my legs up from behind to touch my head... I used to be able to bring them to my nose!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but this:

movie_ages.png
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The fact that my nieces and nephews ages 2-7 know that they can instantly see a picture after it has been taken.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Maud Flanders has been dead for 11 years.
    In 3 years Marty McFly will arrive in 2015 (30 years into his future).
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be a grandma soon. Oh yeah and when eight track tapes came out , blow dryers and curling irons came out. Contioner for hair that was new and called cream rinse ! The first pc's and cells phones. I owned " tv tennis" ! Very first video game. I could go on and on ! I feel old !!!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I was talking to a guy today and we both remembered how excited we got when our parents bought a colour TV and about how milk was delivered in glass bottles :laugh:
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I was born the year before the first man stepped on the moon.
    My kids think I am living history.:laugh:
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    Reading all of the comments :sad:
  • ParadoxBaby
    Options
    I remember what T.G.I.F is and I am talking ABC programming not a restaurant.

Having to change the rabbit ears from one channel to the next.

I also started feeling old when they would play Nirvana on flash back lunch on the radio.

The first home satellite taking up the whole back yard, and everyone going to the one house in the town to see the rich folks who could afford said satellite.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Reading all of the comments :sad:

Reading them and relating :) lol

Remembering when my mom was my age and I thought she was old :)