What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The year I graduated high school (1995), I knew some children who hadn't even started school yet or who were just finishing kindergarten. They have now graduated college, are married, and have children of their own!

Also, I was talking to a HS friend of mine on Facebook and I said, "Derek, you do realize that you and I are the same age our parents were when we met (mid to late thirties)?" There was a long pause and he was like, "That is SOOO weird!!"

Oh, yes, I almost forgot one...my sister is TWENTY years younger than me and she will be old enough to drive in December!
  • katedesaccord
    Options
    The fact that I find myself shaking my fist (figuratively, not literally) at the obnoxious teenagers doing the exact same things that I used to do!
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    the fact that the oldies radio station is now playing the music i grew up listening to..
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    Sounding like my mother "I remember when you had to leave the couch to change the channel on the tv..." OMG and it's true too! :noway:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    27 years ago I started my nurse training...... how is that possible I am barely in my 20's am I????
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    the fact that all the hot people on tv are younger than me now...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Born in 1954 and the prices were:
    House: $22,000
    Average income: $3,960
    Ford car: $1548-$2415
    Milk: $.92
    Gas: $.21
    Bread $.17
    Postage stamp: $.03
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    People who where born in the 80's can drive :)

What? That's been going on a long time haha. How about people born in the 90's can drive AND drink. Just hopefully not at the same time!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    People who don't know what Trapper Keepers are! lol

^^^Hahahaha! I was talking to my niece and nephew about these. LOL I was getting on to them about losing their finished homework papers before they get them turned in. I said something like, "...when I finished my homework, I immediately put it in my Trapper Keeper." They were like, "Your WHAT?!! :huh: "
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I catch myself saying, " When I was your age........

Ditto that!!!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    People who where born in the 80's can drive :)

People who were born in the early 90's can drive and I have to walk with a cane due to neuropathy in my feet:angry:
  • DONNALEES
    DONNALEES Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My oldest grandson is now 20!! Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull etc, were all bands that came out over 40 years ago!!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I remember making mix tapes.

I just listened to one of my mixed tapes the other day...best $h!t ever! Lol
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The fact we're all here getting help and watching what we eat instead of eating whatever and never gaining a pound.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    That kids i remember holding as babies and babysitting just went to the prom.
  • Tskitzo_
    Tskitzo_ Posts: 14
    Options
    Kids don't know what an NES is.
    Saw an article on a child who didn't know what a magazine was, or how to use it, but could use an iPad.
    VCRs are hard to find to watch your old VHS movies on. xD
    Remakes of TV shows I used to watch as a kid. (They're remaking The Munsters!)
    Kids these days think their video games can be "too hard". TRY PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. You get no save points, son!
  • JayBeeGo
    JayBeeGo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've forgotten the question I'm trying to answer.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    A classic rock song (from my generation) being used in a minivan commercial...
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I know all the songs playing in the grocery store.

(I also sing along with said songs)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I still remember waiting forever and making myself a full blown snack or meal before the dial-up finally connected me into AOL... and DON'T get me started on having to wait for someone to get off of the phone before even thinking about getting on the internet :noway: