size 2 with curves IS possible

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Ughhh. On this note, I HATE the phrase "real women have curves." I'm a size...well, I don't know. 0 in pencil skirts, 2/4 in pants and 4/6 in dresses. But I'm also 36-26-36, which means I have curves. That by no means makes a woman who is less curvy fake or not worthy or manly or not as womanly as I am! People even try to say this phrase to me in order to hurt me and feel superior in being bigger but guess what! I have more curves than most, if not all, of the girls saying that! Being size 00-0-2-4-6--8-whatever does not mean you have to be stick thin and about to faint and straight up and down. Every woman is a real woman, regardless of curves!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Ughhh. On this note, I HATE the phrase "real women have curves." I'm a size...well, I don't know. 0 in pencil skirts, 2/4 in pants and 4/6 in dresses. But I'm also 36-26-36, which means I have curves. That by no means makes a woman who is less curvy fake or not worthy or manly or not as womanly as I am! People even try to say this phrase to me in order to hurt me and feel superior in being bigger but guess what! I have more curves than most, if not all, of the girls saying that! Being size 00-0-2-4-6--8-whatever does not mean you have to be stick thin and about to faint and straight up and down. Every woman is a real woman, regardless of curves!

that quote makes me want to rip my hair out! Especially, because there is usually a gorgeous, but heavier girl, as if smaller girls can't have curves, too. We're women, we can ALL be REAL and ALL have curves.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Hi nice to meet you.
    I've been a member for 3 weeks now.

Would you mind sharing with me what you done to gain weight??? I'm here for that very goal. right now I weight 109lbs. Somehow I just can't keep gaining as is my goal. I have been a member of Planet Fitness gym for 3 weeks. My workout is for strength and flexibility as designed by my trainer. She is the one who told me about the FP site so I joined. I didn't know it was a weight loss site so trying to make best of it and use it for my strange goal - gaining weight.

I myself have always been very thin through no fault of my own. I do eat and eat well plenty of times a day. I'm trying to cut my grams of sugar to 25 and replace it with nutrient dense foods hoping to gain weight.

I just want to be healthy and actually have a healthy weight. So far I haven't found any encouragement or help on this matter. I'm wondering is this just a weight loss site or can it be used for my goals? I'm seriously wondering am I wasting my time and energy being here?
    Namaste
    ~Blaqheart
    Hi nice to meet you.
    I've been a member for 3 weeks now.

Would you mind sharing with me what you done to gain weight??? I'm here for that very goal. right now I weight 109lbs. Somehow I just can't keep gaining as is my goal. I have been a member of Planet Fitness gym for 3 weeks. My workout is for strength and flexibility as designed by my trainer. She is the one who told me about the FP site so I joined. I didn't know it was a weight loss site so trying to make best of it and use it for my strange goal - gaining weight.

I myself have always been very thin through no fault of my own. I do eat and eat well plenty of times a day. I'm trying to cut my grams of sugar to 25 and replace it with nutrient dense foods hoping to gain weight.

I just want to be healthy and actually have a healthy weight. So far I haven't found any encouragement or help on this matter. I'm wondering is this just a weight loss site or can it be used for my goals? I'm seriously wondering am I wasting my time and energy being here?
    Namaste
    ~Blaqheart

NO! It's a fitness site, so we are ALL welcome! You are totally NOT wasting your time. Ok, to gain, I increased the number of times I ate - from rarely ever to 6 times, all 6 times had some protein, even if it was a protein shake. If possible try to eat every 2-3 hours, this will help gain healthy weight, if eating nutritional foods for every meal. I KNOW how hard it is to gain, it took me 3 years to go from 100 pounds to 125. I wish I had known about MFP back then.... mine was definitely trial and error. Best of luck!!!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    I wanted to jump in and say that I love this thread. I pride myself in being FIT, not skinny. Yes, I am a small size (what exactly, I'm not sure since I haven't went shopping in forever) but I still have curves and a womanly body. Would I like bigger boobs? Sure...but not if I have to be less FIT to do so. I don't bash others for being bigger or smaller, but accept the fact that we all are blessed with different bodies and our HEALTH is the most important factor, not size.
    I wanted to jump in and say that I love this thread. I pride myself in being FIT, not skinny. Yes, I am a small size (what exactly, I'm not sure since I haven't went shopping in forever) but I still have curves and a womanly body. Would I like bigger boobs? Sure...but not if I have to be less FIT to do so. I don't bash others for being bigger or smaller, but accept the fact that we all are blessed with different bodies and our HEALTH is the most important factor, not size.

YES! :heart: :happy:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

:heart:

Love this!
  • Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Oh yes it sure yes! The girls from my university belly dance troupe could verify that. Rocking some curves all while being fit and beautiful at the same time!

Same goes for the shimmy sisters we had with straight figures, as long as you have a hip belt everyone has something to shake. :wink:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Love. This. Thread. :smile:

I was always pretty shapeless as well until I lost some body fat too. Shedding the extra fat and working out with weights have helped my body to look more feminine. I'm a size 2 and 19% body fat so our stats are similar. I assumed that if I got down to a size 4 or 2 that I would stick-like but not so. BTW, you look great.
    Love. This. Thread. :smile:

I was always pretty shapeless as well until I lost some body fat too. Shedding the extra fat and working out with weights have helped my body to look more feminine. I'm a size 2 and 19% body fat so our stats are similar. I assumed that if I got down to a size 4 or 2 that I would stick-like but not so. BTW, you look great.

thank you, so do you!
  • zia130
    zia130 Posts: 21 Member
    there is no reason anyone should be ashamed or shamed for being a size 2 or 0 or 12 or whatever size. But, no one can say someone in a smaller size cannot have curves, because that is not always true. I've never before had curves, was always straight as a board, no shape.

I am 5'5" and last year I went from 125 pounds, 24% body fat, wearing a size 6, then, I lost body fat and even gained weight. I am now 130 pounds 18% body fat in a size 2. Amazingly enough, since I dropped the bofy fat, I am seeing more curves. Not thick curves, but fit, athletic curves.

So, it is possible and we don't have to hate on anyone else's body type, because it's not the one we have or desire to have. Lets appreciate and respect everyone for their body or desired body and worry about working on getting ours to the desired body. :bigsmile:

thank you...i've been struggling with the fact that the scale is increasing, your post has given me hope that while my weight is increasing i am losing inches, body fat and if i continue to hang in there will also see a difference in how clothes are fitting and sizing, thank you
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    THANK YOU! :flowerforyou: I'm glad to read your reply and thrilled to know I'm not wasting my time and can actually meet my goal. :D I do have a few friends here now. I'm a great cheerleader lol!

I have been slowly adding to my food diary an extra meal here and there. I have 6 slots available and am trying to fill them each day. I will be adding more protein to each meal. Sounds very doable to eat every 2-3 hours. Yes def eating nutritious healthy food and trying to cut back on sugar grams so I have more room for food. Seems sugar leaves me feeling too full.

Yep you know those well meaning people that tell you to go eat something lol! Problem is they never tell me what to eat so I can gain. I'm glad my trainer told me about MFP. I do have an open diary for friends so I can get tips and hints to meet my goal.

As far as the being ashamed of your body because you're skinny or not should never happen. I dunno why or how we got to this, but I say ignore them and be proud of you because you are a beautiful, strong, loving, kind person. BE happy and be yourself you are priceless. :heart:

Thank you best of luck to all you and if you'd like you can always add me to your friends. I'm always looking for friends because you can't have too many. :laugh:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    there is no reason anyone should be ashamed or shamed for being a size 2 or 0 or 12 or whatever size. But, no one can say someone in a smaller size cannot have curves, because that is not always true. I've never before had curves, was always straight as a board, no shape.

I am 5'5" and last year I went from 125 pounds, 24% body fat, wearing a size 6, then, I lost body fat and even gained weight. I am now 130 pounds 18% body fat in a size 2. Amazingly enough, since I dropped the bofy fat, I am seeing more curves. Not thick curves, but fit, athletic curves.

So, it is possible and we don't have to hate on anyone else's body type, because it's not the one we have or desire to have. Lets appreciate and respect everyone for their body or desired body and worry about working on getting ours to the desired body. :bigsmile:

I agree with you, this is a good post! I am 5'4" 104 pounds and have plenty of curves. I find it offensive and tacky like one posted wrote for others to even bash on smaller women.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    There was also a reply yesterday that said size 8 girls (me) were jealous of size 2s. :huh:

I was wearing size 2 capris yesterday, and size 9 shorts today.

I must be full of all kinds of self-loathing! :laugh:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    haha "Like"!
    Exactly what I been tryin to say, even tho I'm not a 2.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I have big hips now at a size 8 and I had big hips in a size 2 (in proportion to the rest of my body). So it's definitely true.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I will never be "curvy" I'm 31-26-34. Small people can be curvy, big people too. I'm a 117 lb "rectangle". When I was 200 lbs, I was still a rectangle, just a much bigger one. Body shapes can come in every size! Everyone is awesome the way they are!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member

I love you for this one... I've been seeing hate topics on size 0-2 women & being in that size myself, of course I feel offended whenever they say that its too skinny & that "they don't want to lose their curves". My stats are 34-26-35 & am muscular with a hourglass-pear shaped body with a rounded butt so to say that it isn't curvy is way-off.

CURVY = HAVING A DEFINED WAIST, CHEST & HIPS no matter your weight or size is. Rolls of fat are NEVER CURVY.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    I always liked what Cindy Crawford once said -- Nobody sees your dress size when you're walking down the street.

Her point was that some women use dress size as a form of self-validation when really it means very little (especially, as a previous poster noted, you can be dramatically different sizes with the same weight/shape because of various manufacturer's sizing standards). Manufacturers that do vanity sizing play to this insecurity.

She also went on to note that many women look better/slimmer when they size up.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    There was also a reply yesterday that said size 8 girls (me) were jealous of size 2s. :huh:

I was wearing size 2 capris yesterday, and size 9 shorts today.

I must be full of all kinds of self-loathing! :laugh:

I have two size 0 skirts that fits me well & just last Sunday I wore my size 10 shorts that also fits my 26" waist & 35" hips PERFECTLY. Today I'm back to a size S pants at work...

How amusing to see my body size "fluctuates" because of some stupid tag numbers :laugh: