Bacon. Real or Turkey?

Options

Replies

• Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What about Beggin strips? Would you buy them for your pet if they came in Turkey, as a healthier option?
    Sure..why not? When I had a dog, she didn't care WHAT she was given, as long as the word "treat' was used when holding it out. (she'd drink anything too..as long as you said "here's your wine"...LOL).

This is good info, I'll try it on my dog if I find some.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Real....turkey bacon only gets nice and crispy if you burn it and that's just ick.

you aren't cooking it right...you have to cook it at a lower setting than pork...and it takes longer and requires lot's of flipping

I have madd skills at getting turkey bacon crispy without burning...
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Real bacon. I tried turkey bacon and it was so awful that I tried pawning it off on my dogs. That failed horribly.

Now I buy center cut bacon and cook and freeze it all on one day. Bacon Day. The most glorious of all days.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Never tried turkey bacon, but I'm not a massive turkey fan, and I REALLY love regular bacon, so I'm quite happy to stick with the real deal :smile:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Real... Turkey Bacon is an abomination.
  • Sumo813
    Options
    Real bacon. I tried turkey bacon and it was so awful that I tried pawning it off on my dogs. That failed horribly.

Now I buy center cut bacon and cook and freeze it all on one day. Bacon Day. The most glorious of all days.

You are my new friend. lol
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    REAL! Turkey bacon is so processed and kind of creepy.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Real Bacon. There is no substitute!
  • Sumo813
    Options
    Maple bacon. mmm.

F... T... W!!!!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    baconbah.jpg

REAL bacon is always the answer.......................
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    low sodium turkey bacon all day long! :) I just like the taste better and its not near as greasy to me. just personal preference I think. Once you get used to one its hard to go back.
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did not eat red meat for 20 year.. Now I make a steak exception because.. well I can cause I like it.. but have had a hard time eating turkey bacon after seeing how it is made on "Dirty Jobs" not pretty.. Sad because I really like it before.. So don't watch it if you like it..
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    There is Turkey and there is Bacon.
  • MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    TURKEY!!! I love it. I don't eat pork at all actually. I love that I have the option to eat Turkey bacon in its place. I love its salty goodness!!
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :noway: hands down, PORK BACON.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Turkey and chicken bacon is NOT bacon. They are simply Turkey and Chicken jerky.

Only PORK can be called bacon.

I will ONLY eat real BACON. If you are a man and eat turkey/chicken 'bacon', you need more testosterone.

If you are a woman and eat turkey/chicken 'bacon', we cannot kiss anymore.

Bacon is God's bookmark.

Bacon Approved message.
    baconkevin.jpg
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It depends. If you want to have bacon as a regular part of your diet, go with turkey. If you only eat it every once in a while, go with real. I personally like turkey bacon, well...some brands, but I only bacon maybe once a week if that (and usually only one piece) so I choose real bacon. But, if you like the turkey options to bacon, try turkey pepperoni. It is so good!! I will choose that over the real stuff any day!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I did not eat red meat for 20 year.. Now I make a steak exception because.. well I can cause I like it.. but have had a hard time eating turkey bacon after seeing how it is made on "Dirty Jobs" not pretty.. Sad because I really like it before.. So don't watch it if you like it..

I have seen how hotdogs and sausages are made...That won't stop me from having them...bwahahaha
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon.

I don't eat pork.
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love real bacon. One of "my" foodgroups along with popcorn and cheese. lol!

But if you are trying to keep to your diary, the Morningstar veggie bacon is quite tasty and only 40 cal for two strips :D