Bacon. Real or Turkey?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Ever since I saw video of pigs being shot in the head with bolt guns and slammed to the ground, I haven't had the heart to eat real bacon. :frown:
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O Turkey Bacon - 5 slices 100 calories of yumminess. Pork bacon is disgusting.

Turkey Bacon Ingredients: Mechanically Separated Turkey, White Turkey, Dark Turkey, Water, Salt, Contains 2% Or Less Of Potassium Lactate, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate.

Pork Bacon Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Turbinado Sugar, Seasoning (Cultured Celery Juice Powder, Sea Salt).

I think i'll take the pork bacon, thanks.

You're welcome. I'll take the turkey bacon.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lol, I *just* had 3 slices of Turkey Bacon with my Scrambled Eggs. I like real bacon of course, but I save it for occasions when worth having - like with a good Restaurant Hamburger or BLT, but to have it everyday with Breakfast, I prefer saving the 2-300+ Calories and have 3 slices of Blue Menu-Turkey Bacon (I prefer it over Butterball) @ about 30 Calories or so each, and 6G of Protein, i'll have Turkey, and I like it actually, I broil it on Tinfoil in the oven to a nice crispy taste, and if you take the Tinfoil and rise up ridges, then lay the bacon on, when it cooks it crisps it into the "wavy" position like real bacon, not flat - looks good and tastes good. My Eggs/Bacon today got me to approx. 56g of Protein alone!
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I prefer real. Accept no substitutes. What part of the turkey is turkley bacon from?
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I prefer the real stuff, and if it can be helped going to a butcher shop for it.

Turkey bacon isn't bad, but I didn't see much benefit nutritionally to switch to turkey bacon. So I'll stick with the real deal, and I don't eat it too frequently so I don't have any guilt in it.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Real bacon. Nice thick slab bacon with some pepper on it.

Don't forget to save that bacon grease too. Its good stuff

Yup.... Exactly! :love:
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    This goes to the people who mistakenly believe that turkey bacon is a healthier option...
    Have you ever actually compared the fat, calories, and sodium of turkey and pork bacon??????
    They're nearly identical!:noway:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    What about Sizzelean???

Now you are just being antagonistic.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love bacon!

11320968_7794.jpg
  • kristank03
    kristank03 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pork bacon, from a small, local farm that processes and cures on site. Nice thick slices.... Nom! I prefer quality over quantity!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    There is no comparison, taste-wise. Taste-wise, there is only one kind of food that deserves the title "bacon" and that is pork bacon.

However, if you need to manage your calorie types, uncured turkey bacon isn't a bad option. It must be uncured, though, or you might as well enjoy the real thing. Uncured turkey bacon has a lot of protein, and very little of anything else (except sodium).
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Turkey Bacon Ingredients: Mechanically Separated Turkey, White Turkey, Dark Turkey, Water, Salt, Contains 2% Or Less Of Potassium Lactate, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate.

Pork Bacon Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Turbinado Sugar, Seasoning (Cultured Celery Juice Powder, Sea Salt).

I think i'll take the pork bacon, thanks.

Uncured Turkey bacon: made by Applegate Farms

Turkey, Water, Salt Sea, Celery Powder, Maple Sugar, Onion(s) Powder, Spice(s)

Stop with the scare tactics people...Worse than Fox News
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Turkey! Butterball Thin & Crispy is the BEST
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We don't have turkey bacon in my country but I kind of have this thing against eating a type of meat that's been mashed up and pressed in to a shape so probably regular for me. It's the same with those cordon bleu type processed "meat", tastes bad and has a weird texture. Turkey bacon is healthier though right?

Not a huge bacon fan either way. :P
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Some things are simply not worth giving up - one of these is the gloriousness that is REAL bacon. My only concession is to buy the lower sodium versions.
    Turkey bacon is just always such a disappointment.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I respect people's different tastes, as we all have our own uniqueness in the food world.

But if ANYONE brought me turkey or chicken 'bacon' to eat and try to pass it off as real, I will fight you. Man or woman. Young or old. I will throw down.

"I would never hit a woman, unless she gave me turkey/chicken bacon!"
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I Dont always eat bacon, but when i do I only eat Pork Bacon.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Real. All the way. If you put turkey bacon in front of me I would eat it, don't get me wrong, but I push people out of my way for real bacon.:wink:
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ^Das boot!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    turkey on most occasions

pork for special occasions only