What quote motivates you? Here is my motivator!

Replies

• ChadWGreen
    ChadWGreen Posts: 12 Member
    10. Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our a$$e$. - MR
    9. Let's lift heavy things
    8. "Just remember, somewhere, a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max." Jim Conroy, Olympic Weightlifting Coach
    7. What's so extreme about bikes & skateboards? Try lifting a car! - Mike H
    6. If you take this leg extension machine, wrap a chain around it, and drag it around the parking lot, you'll get a h### of a leg workout - Dino Nick
    5. You are not alive if you cannot deadlift - Sigmarsson
    4 Powerlifting is like jumping from roof-top to roof-top you either make it or you don't.
    3. Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay the price. –Sun Tzu
    2. Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice –Samurai Maxim
    1. We are what we repeatedly do. excellence then, is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle
  • bump <
    (not a quote) :)
  • panthersfly
    panthersfly Posts: 12 Member
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps... his PRIDE!" -Vegeta
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    I have several!!! Heres a few:

"Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." - Tom Fleming

"To be successful you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"How you train is how you tackle life. Don't avoid discomfort; deal with it head-on to get stronger. Learn how to workout with passion and that fire will carry over to everything you do."

"Success is the only option, failure is not."

"I will fight for it. I will not give up. I will reach my goal. And absolutely nothing will stop me."

"Eat Right Rule: If your food can go bad, it's good for you. If your food can't go bad, it's bad for you."

"Train like your stronger fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you."

"If you don't step forward, you will always be in the same place."

"I got 99 options but failure ain't one."

"Strong is the new skinny."

"Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw

I could go on and on... =)
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    "You can eat what you want, when you want, or you can lose weight and keep it off. You can not do both."

and

"Nothing tastes as good as slim feels."
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    "Pessimists have no engines and optimists have no brakes.".... i don't remember who wrote this :grumble: but it's one of my favorites

I love this quote, thanks for sharing!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Only in the dictionary will you find Success before Work.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    bump
  • FitJenJen
    FitJenJen Posts: 22 Member
    What you eat in private, you will wear in public.

"This is a goal I'm setting and I can reach it"

"At some point in your life you have to face your fears and head in even though you can't be sure of the outcome. A great deal of people will never reach their dreams and it won't have anything to do with their ability or skill set. They won't reach their dreams because they were too afraid to try."

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do"

"right now, someone busier than you is running"

This helped thru my plateu, "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, til it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn".
    - and after a month at the same weight, I did not give up and stop dieting or exercising and after that very long month, bam, 3 lbs, and counting....

"I will take care of myself"

"I will beat the odds"

"Transformation is not a future event, but a present activity"

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not quite, the not yet, the not-at-all,. Do not let the hero in your soul perish. In the lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desire can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible and it is YOURS." - Ayn Rand

"Dead last finish is better than did not finish which greatly beats did not start".

"Clarify the vision, Simplify the path, Execute the plan".

Best wishes on your journey!!
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    This is on my wall, it is by an Indian poet called Kalidasa.

look to this day for it is life, the very life of life
    in its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existance
    The bliss of growth
    The glory of action
    The splendor of beauty
    For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision
    But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
    And every tomorrow a vision of hops
    Look well therefore to this day
    Such is the salutation to the dawn

I also like

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    The courage to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    pain is weakness leaving your body :)
  • yougojo170
    yougojo170 Posts: 62
    I love your quote and my have to borrow it. Very inspirational!!
    Thank you-:flowerforyou:
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    "Focus on your dreams, don't sacrifice what you want in life, for what you want in the moment"
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    If you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

I love this one!!!!!!!!!
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    "It's a hill, get over it" (found on Pinterest)
  • bv202
    bv202 Posts: 11 Member
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." I see myself as 160 lbs, and I will be! :blushing:

OWWWW!
  • yougojo170
    That's always been one of my favorite quotes. I told my son this quote when he was in middle school and he always remembered it and often relied on it.

tks!
  • mlm1993
    mlm1993 Posts: 2
    If you don't want to keep starting over, then DON'T QUIT!!!:bigsmile:
  • yougojo170
    "You are what you believe"- that one got me thru cancer and much more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!