Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I use my one for days put it in the wash when it needs it. Figure I'm pretty clean when I get out of the shower so that can be a week.
    Of course I do the washing so thats my method.
    Hubby doesn't do washing so he just leaves them on the floor and uses new ones everyday.
    rrrrh.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    One towel a week, use the same corner for your butt.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    LOL ...
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I wash them weekly. the same day as the bed sheets.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I change the towels a couple of times a week and the bed sheets too
    It just feels nice using a fresh smelling totally dry towel and getting into clean sheets
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to have a fresh one every day.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Back when I lived with my parents it was a fresh one every time.

As soon as I moved out I realised that was ridiculous and it now lasts me at least a week.

If wet towels breed bacteria, how do you wash and dry them in the first place?
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use my towel 2-3 times, max. Towels get washed in warm water with bleach. My kids use a new towel each time. I thnk I am going to teach them how to wash towels soon. :wink:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    2-3 uses before washing.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I use my same shower towel for 2 weeks. Washing it eveyday seems OCD to me.

I go a week and I AM OCD. But I also don't like to do laundry every five seconds.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I use the same towel for about a week.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    In our house there are 7 of of and i was towels after 1 use!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I do the same thing!! And to be honest I think it's weird that other people think it's weird that we do that. :laugh:
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not sure how often I change mine. If you're clean after the shower then the towel can't be that dirty! :)
  • blondejester
    Options
    i use a new one every time i shower
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When you have to smell them to see if they are clean or dirty it's automatic----> Washer!!!!!

It's like clothes that are on the floor that your not sure if clean or dirty...!!!!!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    There would be no such thing as a towel rack if you used it and then washed it. How about hand towels, dry your hands and then wash them? IDK, but i used mine 2-3 times then wash them. If you want to wash each time, to each his own :)
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    this topic made me laugh out loud!!! i use mine 3 or 4 times only because i'd be doing towels everyday if we (my family of 4) each used a new towel every time. with the summer and swimming, now we have double towels (and yes, we use our swim towels 3 or 4 times each too):ohwell:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a towel warmer in the bathroom (which I absolutely love!), I use one towel a week.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Damp towels breed bacteria. I don't think you're weird :flowerforyou: I'm a two-use-max person myself.

Yes, damp towels do breed bacteria; however, this why they should be hung up after use to allow them to dry.