Berry's bare belly challenge - June edition

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    BerryH ,,thank you,trying to get definition in my abs now,doing lots of ab exercises,this will motivate me even more to see what the difference will be in a month,,I cant seem to make my picture smaller,any ideas?
    I use Microsoft Paint that you should have free under Start -> All programs -> Accessories or I think you can download it. Go to image -> stretch/skew and change the horizontal and vertical to the same percentage, say 50% to make it half the size.

There's resizing in Photobucket too but I haven't played with that yet.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    BerryH ,,thank you,trying to get definition in my abs now,doing lots of ab exercises,this will motivate me even more to see what the difference will be in a month,,I cant seem to make my picture smaller,any ideas?
    I use Microsoft Paint that you should have free under Start -> All programs -> Accessories or I think you can download it. Go to image -> stretch/skew and change the horizontal and vertical to the same percentage, say 50% to make it half the size.

There's resizing in Photobucket too but I haven't played with that yet.
    thank you that worked..
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Getting definition anywhere on the body, including abs is about reducing the body fat. Doing lots of abs exercises is not bad but it won't necessarily help you to achieve your goals. Much respect for the progress you've made so far, I would say "just keep going, don't change what is currently working for you".

Best wishes.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Well done all of you, I promise to be here for July, cross my heart and hope to die! :drinker:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Okay, this may not seem an improvement over last month (and it technically isn't, because it's a photo I took last month). But this is actually a huge mental improvement, because I didn't post this photo last month as I was too embarrassed by it. But for Berry this month, here's the belly showing off my "lady apron."

IMGP1185.jpg

I think you are fantastic. It is the proof of your hard work.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Today's workout is on a short trip to being cancelled by work and theater commitments. I'm going to try to squeeze one in tonight, late!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'll have to wait until tomorrow... today is a rest day. :smile:
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Here is my before! I took it before I headed to the gym this morning, don't have any tops that actually bare my belly so I just rolled up my tank!
    photo.jpg
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options

Getting definition anywhere on the body, including abs is about reducing the body fat. Doing lots of abs exercises is not bad but it won't necessarily help you to achieve your goals. Much respect for the progress you've made so far, I would say "just keep going, don't change what is currently working for you".

Best wishes.
    thanks,do you have any sugestions on how to define abs,I am eatting good whole foods and exercise every day,any suggestions would be appreciated
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to post our pics today??
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to post our pics today??

Yes...but I'm posting mine tomorrow after my strength training :)
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Here's me looking all sweaty after a Zwow!

P1010879.jpg
  • tuneweplay
    tuneweplay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Berry: Aqua Blast is basically a water aerobics class, usually using styrofoam "dumbbells" or buoys that serve as resistance doing curls, jumping jacks, etc. The intensity depends on the instructor...sometimes it's geared for ladies who don't want to get their hair wet. Usually, you can modify each exercise to your needed intensity level. I like it because I've been having hip issues and it gives me a workout yet provides my joints a break. This one last Wednesday was let by a friend of mine and was a WORK out. I didn't realize how red I was until I posted the pics!

Well, since we're posting early: I'll post me after the YMCA Aqua Blast class yesterday. Buoys gave me red armpits LOL!
    No six pack, but much more in shape than I was 3 months ago! :wink:
    Nice one TWP! I love the sound of Aqua Blast, what does it involve? In my gym we only have Aqua Yoga for the ladies of a certain age who don't want to get their hair set wet :laugh:
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    In!
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is me at about 172 (embarrassing :embarassed: )
    Q6KFTC0USE_tummy.jpg

And this is me today at LA Fitness after hitting the dreaded treadmill at about 163 lbs. :smile:
    SSQX71MV6C_060112181442.jpg

I personally don't see a difference but my friend does so I'll take her word for it. (First time posting pictures so I hope this works lol)
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/rwonline/c489db03.jpg

Ok..... it's not in workout clothing, but I'm damned proud. I will be 42 tomorrow and I gave birth to 4 children. Who says you can't have a nice belly after kids?? Wooot!!!!

Jesus Christ.... how do you post a picture?? I'm trying everything on photobucket.... no workie. :angry: :explode:
  • hellosara08
    Options
    c489db03.jpg

Ok..... it's not in workout clothing, but I'm damned proud. I will be 42 tomorrow and I gave birth to 4 children. Who says you can't have a nice belly after kids?? Wooot!!!!

Jesus Christ.... how do you post a picture?? I'm trying everything on photobucket.... no workie. :angry: :explode:

:)
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    I need to resize that!! And half of it is cut off.... ugh. Fail. My age is showing. Hahaha LOL.... but thanks. :)
  • hellosara08
    Options
    no problem. you look amazing though. :)