How great is your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend?

Options

Replies

• snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    my husband is awesome but he does not know.i have lost 41 pounds since he deployed and have no plans on telling him until he gets home
    What a wonderful surprise!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so impressed, no one has ever had any relationship problems, dang everyone seems so perfect. I wish i was perfect.

It's not about being perfect. It's about being perfect for each other.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are all lucky to have found someone so great. Gives me hope that the one is out there somewhere. Mine has only made a comment about my weight once, but he likes bigger girls. It is all the other abuse that is hard. He is always eating things that he knows that I can't have infront of me. He buys fattening foods and expects me or anyone in the house to touch it. After he spends so much money on the junk I have no money left to buy healthy foods, so I go without eating. He complains that he never has anything to eat, but I go weeks with almost nothing...oh well, what do you do
    This makes me sad.
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is pretty great. :blushing:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    :sad: I was thin when my husband and I got married, but I had loose skin from losing 130 pounds... our wedding night was the first time we had sex, so he'd never seen me naked. He wouldn't touch me at all to get me "warmed-up"... he just did what he needed to do, and told me I was repulsive. Even though I warned him before we got married, he said he never could have imagined how gross I really looked naked, and he felt deceived. So, needless to say, I got depressed- after my daughter was born, I just couldn't get the weight off and wound up even adding a few pounds. My husband told me on our 1 year wedding anniversary that I disgust him, and he never in a million years would've ever dated a fat girl, let alone marry one.

We've been married for almost 4 years now- 4 years next month actually. And while he's gotten better (we went through some counseling) about the way he communicates his frustration, he still won't touch my body when we have sex. A lot of his issues have their roots in his family and in the way he was raised to value appearance over everything else- they told him not to marry me because I used to be fat, and might have fat children (I don't by the way- my daughter is a bean pole!), and they didn't want fat grandchildren. They're truly awful people- example: my MIL refuses to quit smoking even though she gave herself throat cancer; she said she'd rather die thin from cancer than live to be old and fat (fine by me!!). But at least my husband has begun to recognize that and is trying to overcome that pitfall in himself. And no, I didn't know they had said that until after we were married. They're very deceitful people. And I didn't know my husband was going to be like that until after we said "I do." But we're getting better every day- and while many people would say he should be able to love me and accept me the way I am even if I don't lose this weight... at least he's honest with me. So many husbands would just say "it doesn't matter" and then ogle other women and cheat. And when the weight is gone this time, I'm getting the skin removed- for both of us. I hated looking like a deflated balloon too.

If you really feel the need to stay with this man, I'd suggest a BOB and don't touch him during sex either.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My GF is pretty great, she puts up with all my bull****. She understands that if it came down to it id chose my weightlifting over her. So far she hasnt come between me and the iron.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I would have to give my wife a "10" Her kindness is prettier than her picture....

jean.jpg
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so impressed, no one has ever had any relationship problems, dang everyone seems so perfect. I wish i was perfect.

I don't believe 98% of these people, that's what I am saying. When it's about relationship people always say, "OH THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST"
    Soo pessimistic!
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is amazing, together for 4 and a half years and even when I gained three stone he still said I was his perfect woman. Has always supported me and has joined this site so we can get fit together. Love him for that
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My husband is amazing and HOT! :love: I thank God everyday and twice on Sundays for bringing him to me....or vice versa.

I see he has a great girl, very nice....
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

The only thing i could see wrong is if people have a inaccurate perception(including myself) of what the best/greatest is.
    The way i see it, the theme on this board is they're on cloud 9 24/7 which i know isn't true.

But this is regarding partners support for weight loss, not their general relationship
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

I don't believe 98% of these people, that's what I am saying. When it's about relationship people always say, "OH THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST"
    Soo pessimistic!

There is only one girl who i really click with, and that's my ex, we do talk about getting back together all the time. We say how perfect we are for each other sometimes. Would I say she's the best? NO. Of course we have issues sometimes(rarely). It does happen though. I have my flaws, so does she. It's natural, nothing wrong with it.

The only thing i could see wrong is if people have a inaccurate perception(including myself) of what the best/greatest is.
    The way i see it, the theme on this board is they're on cloud 9 24/7 which i know isn't true.

No one is saying their life is 100% perfect all the time. But apparently there is more good than bad in their relationships....other wise why be together?
    The poster asked how is your significant other....no ones going to say "oh this one time this and this happened" No because those petty things do not matter since the good times are way more and better.
    Yes my husband and I have had problems but he is amazing and so supportive of me. That's all that matters why dwell on the bad times?
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My long term boyfriend is great - he's with me all the way in the getting healthy aspect, and fully supports and even participates in the changes I'm making to be more fit overall. :)

Even if he WAS like "You could stand to lose about 20 lbs..." :laugh: Thanks for the reality check babe.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

But this is regarding partners support for weight loss, not their general relationship

This ^^^^
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Sorry you haven't had a good enough relationship to see that it's all in what you make of it.

3 years and we have had ups and downs but all in all, we have never had an argument. Why? Because we communicate what is really bothering us IF anything is, we know how to choose our battles and approach each other without the anger that causes a fight.

We have the same goals for our future with different paths to get there. We believe in each other and we love unconditionally.

He is flighty, he is messy, he can be cheap... in the end, he compromises and so do I. I accept him and his flaws and I love him for being human enough to have them.

Good Luck and I hope you find your left shoe one day, I truley feel like I have found mine. The best part is, we were always ourselves with each other, there was never a reason to "put the best foot forward" We jumped in feet first and kept eyes wide open. Trust but verify.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I say that about my husband, but I assume whomever I'm talking to realizes I mean the best for me since obviously I have not been married to every other man and can't really make the comparison. He's not perfect. Neither am I. We irritate the crap out each other occasionally. But I still wouldn't trade him for anyone else and my life would be very sad without him, because he really is THE BEST.

My kids and grandkids are THE BEST too.

Edited to correct that I have not been married to every other man. (oops!!)
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love my husband so much! He's always thought I was beautiful/hot even after I'd gained the weight.. I was never at an "ideal'' weight to begin with, but he's from Latin America and tends to like the girls with a bit of junk in the trunk! He's an amazing cook and just fun to be with. He's acclimated to my world and become a NASCAR and Jimmy Buffet fan. How much more Americanized can you get lol!
  • bcattoes
    Options

Soo pessimistic!

There is only one girl who i really click with, and that's my ex, we do talk about getting back together all the time. We say how perfect we are for each other sometimes. Would I say she's the best? NO. Of course we have issues sometimes(rarely). It does happen though. I have my flaws, so does she. It's natural, nothing wrong with it.

Are BEST and PERFECT synonyms?
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Sorry you haven't had a good enough relationship to see that it's all in what you make of it.

3 years and we have had ups and downs but all in all, we have never had an argument. Why? Because we communicate what is really bothering us IF anything is, we know how to choose our battles and approach each other without the anger that causes a fight.

We have the same goals for our future with different paths to get there. We believe in each other and we love unconditionally.

He is flighty, he is messy, he can be cheap... in the end, he compromises and so do I. I accept him and his flaws and I love him for being human enough to have them.

Good Luck and I hope you find your left shoe one day, I truley feel like I have found mine. The best part is, we were always ourselves with each other, there was never a reason to "put the best foot forward" We jumped in feet first and kept eyes wide open. Trust but verify.

Thank you. This is perfect. My husband and myself have our share of problems too, but we also communicate so they are never big issues. Like yours, my husband is messy but oh well, I still love him. I can seem rude, mean, saracstic somedays but he still loves me.

My friend described us as a kindergarten puzzle recently. (Since in kindergarten, their puzzels are really small, like only two pieces) But she said we are like a two piece puzzle, we just fit together. I agree with her. We do just fit together. He is the perfect person for me and the best person for me. He may not be the most perfect man ever, but I would never want anyone else to take his place.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Unfortunately mine didn't say anything and was always supportive...to my face. I only recently found out that it bothered him a lot how much I had changed :(

We are not working through some major communication isssues, but we've been married 18 years, if we could make it this far we can get through it.