Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! So glad you shared this.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
    - Tommy Lasorda
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is such a great an ispirational post! I'm glad you shared this with us. Thank you so much for posting.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    B U M P!!!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My fat girl run means a little bit more now... thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    such a good post

I remember being that Fat girl, and now I smile and say hello to others that are just starting out as I did many months ago
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great entry! I had a patient that used to be a "fat girl" runner. She started out running around her block before the sun came up (so nobody would see her). She now runs competitively. Very inspirational!!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow. An amazing writer who can really bring the story to life... for so many of us. This is wonderful!!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym on wednesday night and sat in the sauna for 10 minutes because I was too chicken to get on the treadmill because there were only 2 open out of 50. I was so very scared, I finally went and ran and had a great burn. I am only 3 lbs from goal, wear a size 6 and an average body fat % still have my all the same issues as when I was the fat girl (240lbs starting weight) at the gym. I hope the intimidation part goes away soon, I really want to hit the weights section at the big gym I go to instead of lifting only at my neigborhood gym. I love this article and it helps me to turn that page in my fear of the gym!!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    <---- This guy shed a tear reading this. thanks you for posting it, I'm a 300+ pound man that is forcing himself to run
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing!
  • amberm912
    amberm912 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    such an amazing post!!! More people should have that mentality :happy: :happy: :happy:

Hi my name is Amber :-). First off Amazing Job so far!!! You look GORGEOUS in your profile pic :-) Congratulations, that is an awesome achievement, not a lot of people can say they have done. You are def an inspiration, as you can see your own household has been inspired :-) I can only hope to achieve half of what you have!

14119689.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    This is amazing...Thank you for posting it!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this brought tears to my eyes because I am the fat girl. The obese chick walking on the treadmill, while the fit people are running or doing the elliptical at level 3 while others are at 15 or 20. I keep my head down and my headphones on not making eye contact or talking to anyone. This gives me more motivation to keep going. :heart:
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    this is awesome.. thanks :)
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    Thanks for posting :sad:
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That was me at the gym. I don't run, but same story on the bike or working weights. Thank you!! I recognized this and I make it a point to tell the people at the gym that are now where I was 10 months ago, how well they are doing. How much they inspire me is something that I must share.

Thank you for sharing that. You have brightened my day!
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    3 years ago I was the fat girl...100lbs heavier than I am today, just starting to run after years of not running! It was a very difficult road, and not without frustration, and shame. But like everyone else, I kept putting one foot in front of the other, and building my time and mileage!! Through diet, running and other cardio and weights, the weight came off...I still run and I still love it...I try to encourage others out there with me as we are co-sojourners on this road of running and fitness...no matter what level or what pace! To anyone that wants to run but doesn't know where to start...go get yourself fitted for the right shoes, load up your Ipod, throw your hair in a ponytail, and just start doing it!! There is no feeling like it! I will be doing my 3rd marathon this year...it is true...once running gets in your blood, it is who you are...fast or slow...you are a runner!! :-) Good luck to you all!! :-)