Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is 125 the "magic" number?

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    My goal weight is 125.. everybody tells me Im crazy and that 135-140 is a good goal weight for me. Im barely 5'1 but I have a bigger body frame and big boobs(ughh love/hate relationship with those babies) anyway .. Im still going to keep my goal at 125 but most of all.. I just want to feel healthier and feel good when I look in the mirror.. whether thats at 125 140 or still at the 165 I cant seem to shake these past few weeks!

Are we twins?
  • Rachel505
    Rachel505 Posts: 30 Member
    I guess it is the magic number. lol My goal weight is 125 also. I am 5 6 and just feel that that would be a good weight for my frame and height. If I end up not at that weight but feel good where I am at due to having more toning I am fine with that too :)
  • spk2me
    spk2me Posts: 3
    Im small framed and am 5'3" I chose 125 b/c i feel best at that weight. That was my wedding weight.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I just notice by looking at a lot of people's fitness/weight loss goals and no matter what the height, it seems like 125 is the "magic" number for many people. Why 125? Why not 128? why not 123? Is it a "media ideal" number? It's not only on this site, it's women in general. For some 125 would be healthy, for others, seems (and looks) underweight. I remember reading some article in Cosmo or something similar in where a man was quoted as saying "anything over 125 is a fat girl" and then he was shown a picture of a pretty, athletic, curvy girl that weighed 150 and he couldn't believe it. Many men are clueless...smh..

Just a subject for discussion.

I'm 5''11. I will never be 125. My goal is 170-180
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    42 is
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    mine is 136 (I am 140 now) but right now I'm actually eating at maintenance or slightly above it... I suppose I will cut after a while. I'm trying to get some muscle on my skinny bones.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    While I have my ticker set to 125 lbs, it's really kind of an arbitrary #. I have more of a fitness level/body fat % goal in mind, and generally speaking 125-ish is probably what I'll weight when I get there, give or take a few (or 5 lbs). Once I get down around 130, I'll re-evaluate to see how I'm looking.

I weighed around 115 when I was 18-19, but I was totally skinny fat (although I did NOT look unhealthy, I looked perfectly fine at a size 0, just not as firm as I'd like to have been). I'm short and have a small frame, so somewhere in the 125 area is a good goal for me, but the actual number on the scale isn't really as important to the way I look/my body fat %/how fit I feel.
  • That's not my goal anymore ... but it is what I weighed on the dot when I was in high school and when I did a lot of drugs...
  • I think I'd look awful if I weighed 125.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    That's a really good question, and one I hadn't thought of before... My goal is also 125-ish. It sounds right, and because I'm so short (large frame or not) 125 just sounds like a number that will be a good fit for my body. As for the media idea, I think 125 is ideal because it's not "too thin" or "too fat" (although...most women at 125 are quite thin.)
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    I set a number goal around 120-125, since I'm 5'5" and have a reallyreallyreally small frame, but I honestly don't care if I hit that number as long as I look good and healthy. I've never actually seen anything close to 120, so I have no idea.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    My one-time goal was 126, because that's 9 stone and 9 is my favorite number. Since going on maintenance, I drifted back to 135 and I'm very happy here... But then again, that would be 9 stone 9 pounds, so it's still got my favorite number! :happy:
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    My goal (at 5'6) is 120, BUT once i hit that with weight loss i plan on packing on the pounds in MUSCLE. Its not all about the scale, its about what in my mind i wanna look like in the end.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I don't have a number goal. When I'm satisfied, I'll know.

Me too. Although I am about 99% sure it won't be 125. My lean mass is supposed to be somewhere between 130-145. :D

So In the 160s is probably about right for my goal. The goal is really: where ever it is that I think my waist is firm (and small) enough.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    125? To maintain 125 I'd have to remove a limb. I'm 54, 5'7' and when I get to 133 I look skinny. I've been as low as 128 for a minute or 2 but it never lasts. I'm aiming for 133 even though my ticker says 127. THAT I can maintain with out to much starvation and a moderate amt of cheating.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    I'm 5'6 and have a goal of 135 but when I was 140 a few years back everyone constantly said I was slim enough so like some people have said, I'll just know when I'm happy:)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I remember reading some article in Cosmo or something similar in where a man was quoted as saying "anything over 125 is a fat girl" and then he was shown a picture of a pretty, athletic, curvy girl that weighed 150 and he couldn't believe it. Many men are clueless...smh..

Don't beleive everything you read. The most attractive woman I saw at Y this morning was easily the heaviest.

It's just a number...most guys don't know or care what your pants/dress size is either.
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 121.6 lol. Very random, but i think 125 is just because it's a good round number. I'll personally see how I look once I'm there (currently 123.6, not long to go ^_^)
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    i weighed 125 once. so long ago I can't remember. I was always unhappy with how I looked. I am 5'3 and have a very large bust. I have since I was around 9 years old. People were always making comments about my breasts for me to pay attention to my weight. I always tried to look like a boy so I wouldn't get so much attention. I was always avoiding mirors. My weight should fall into that 125-140 range but I think i would be happy just to get to the 150 range. From there we'll see. I don't wanna look like a stick hiding behind two cocomuts anymore. I just wanna be heathier and not hurt so much.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I don't understand either. I'm 5'9" and I would be disgusting if I was 125. My goal is 150.

This, pretty much exactly.