BUMP!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. I need to do more weights
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    How long did it take for you guys to notice a big change in your bodies? I completed Week 4 of Stronglifts 5x5 yesterday and will start Week 5 tomorrow. Before that, I was doing kettlebell workouts 3 days a week but got inspired to get into heavier lifting because of all the women here.

However, I'm not really noticing anything positive. While I was doing the kettlebells, I lost a lot of inches. My body didn't really change though--i.e., I still have flabby arms, a belly, etc. The only change I've seen after a month of SL 5x5 is that I've gained weight, my waistline is up 3", my thigh 1", and bust almost 2". I've had to dig through a bag of bigger clothes I was planning to donate but instead I have to keep because my smaller clothes don't fit me anymore. This just doesn't feel right and I'm considering stopping Stronglifts and going back to kettlebell workouts 3x/week and cardio 2-3 days a week. I changed my macro settings to 40% carbs, 30% protein and fat and focus a lot of lean protein, and trying to eat more frequently... can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Not on my computer to upload any pictures but my profile has some.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/754384
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm taking progress pics in the am - we'll see if they are worthy of posting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A couple new pics. I've been slacking a bit lately (read: enjoying life and not obsessing over calories) and have gained a few pounds, but it's not something I'm concerned enough about to really make an effort to lose. Especially after looking at photos. I mean, if I compare photos from last fall at my lowest to now... yeah, I look a little bigger. But not worse.

From around the time I started lifting to yesterday:

front-update-july-may.jpg

Rear view.

butt-update-may.jpg

Back, bum and shoulders from almost a year ago to now, at the same weight.

butt-back-shoulders.jpg

If your *kitten* does not convince women to start lifting, I don't know what will!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've put my muscles on this thread yet...I don't have any "before" I guess.

I'm going to be cutting hardcore tomorrow! Pop these babies out.

20i8cad.jpg

fch8m.jpg
  • Pascua_j
    Pascua_j Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just so went and bought " The new rules of lifting for women" for my kindle app...

Guess I better start tonight with my before picture!

I just hate going over to the "mens" side of the gym where all the weight lifters are grunting and bumping.. I always feel so out of place and feel like everyone is looking at me :( Oh well...

Me too!!!
    I completed one round of P90X, light weight lifting and then 3 months of BodyPump classes. I bought the NROL4W book and am trying to work up the courage to head over to the "boy's side" of the gym, but I am terrified!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just spent the last 20 min. looking at all of the awesome women on these threads. Fantastic!

Here's mine:
    beforeafter.jpg
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress. You ladies are fantastic looking! Don't have an official before photo bc I couldn't bring myself to do one in Janurary; so I used a photo from last year that really upset me with how soft and heavy I looked.

35fe0967.jpg

Now, last week before my last BF test.

867e6e4a.jpg
  • 12by311
    Options
    Still a work in progress. You ladies are fantastic looking! Don't have an official before photo bc I couldn't bring myself to do one in Janurary; so I used a photo from last year that really upset me with how soft and heavy I looked.

Great job!
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    bump
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll join in the fun now that I've been lifting for 3 months :) 5'8"

March 2011 - Before losing weight - 150 lbs
    196772_10150442658710858_883250857_18004735_5900719_n.jpg

August 2011 - After losing 10 lbs from changing my diet - 140lbs
    P1000511.jpg

March 2012 - After 12 weeks of TurboFire and MFP - 131 lbs
    P1000949.jpg

May 31st 2012 - After 2 complete stages of NROLFW and starting stage 3 - 130 lbs
    6c59295b.jpg

Lookin forward to even more results as I continue NROLFW!!! LOOOVE lifting so much :D
  • 12by311
    Options
    You look SOOO good friend! :)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow, I want to grow up to be just like you guys xD lol, but seriously - thanks for posting, it shows there IS hope!! :)
  • AinatSkram
    AinatSkram Posts: 25
    Options
    This thread is something that every woman needs to go through in it's entirety... Absolutely amazing!!

Can't wait to start lifting and get some before and after photos up, but until then -- truly inspiration work ladies!! Thank you for sharing!