30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    How do you all log your workouts?

This has been my concern. It's a rarely answered question. I've one person say they logged 30DS as 'Circuit Training'. I'm not sure how accurate it is, though.

Someone wanna enlighten us?

I have been logging it as circuit training as well which for my age, weight and height was giving me around 275 I believe. I started wearing a heart rate monitor and it has recorded it as 250 to 260. I am using the HRM to log the calories. I have seen a lot of people comment that MFP is high.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2 done. Only 4 more days to get through until the hated level 2 is done. I blame all the plankwork for the hatred. Feeling a bit meh as my measurements have gone up since Level 1 was complete and weightloss has been non existent - even though I have upped the ante with additional cardio. Sigh. Oh well at least I feel happier and fitter since starting MFP and 30 DS.
  • ladykat2330
    Options
    About to do day 8, level one and have woken up really sore this morning. On the plus side since I started this I have lost 3 pounds :-)
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Three days complete - feeling pretty good! I'm kind of a weenie when it comes to using weights -- especially the anterior raise with the lateral lunge -- yuck!! My stomach is quite sore, but that is okay - that is what needs the most help! My daughter (4 years old) has been doing it with me -- too funny! She's what keeps me going - "No resting, Mommy!" :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I AM SO SORE! I can barely walk, no exaggeration. I feel like a huge wuss. Thought I'd be okay since I went to the gym off and on over the past 2 years, but wow, the gym did NOT compare to this torture.

I've done 2 days in a row and am debating if I need to give myself a break today or if I should struggle through day 3. A little worried about how I will get through work tomorrow if it hurts any worse tomorrow than it does today (I work in nursing)

Jillian is the devil! :)

First time I did it I felt better starting with day 4. This time with day 3. The more you can move around the sooner tje sore will go away.
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today is L1D3... My legs and booty are HURTING... anyone else feeling the burn?
  • Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started the Shred on the first!!!

BTW - you guys can get it for free on YouTube.... :)

GL everyone!!

Day one was killer but its getting a lot easier. No results yet though :(
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 4 yesterday and the soreness has decreased GREATLY! Day 3 was a killer for me! I made it through all of the jumping jacks and butt kicks this time around. I still have the jumping jacks. I would definitely recommend muting Jillian and putting on music :)

Keep it up!
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh the soreness for me was insane by the end of day 2. It took serious effort to sit down. I really thought there was no way I could work out on day 3, but once I started I didn't notice the soreness. After the workout it was actually less and now on day 5 I'm only feeling a tiny tiny bit! :happy:
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 day 5!!! I started the beginning of May but I spent some extra time in Level 1 because I was very sore the first few days and felt like I needed to improve before moving to level 2.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done....glad to be just about done it, but very nervous I won't be able to do Level 2...I also recommend muting Jillian and using your own music.
  • lindsay0515
    lindsay0515 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Starting Level 2 today! Lost 4 lbs. and 4.5 inches with Level 1. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Jillian. Love the results I get - hate her when she tells me to keep going and I feel like falling over! :)
  • christajones327
    christajones327 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just starting a little late. Had too much going on this weekend so I'm starting today & doing 27 days in June. Does anyone know how to add it as exercise for the daily diary. I'm not sure how many calories it burns.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Starting Level 2 today! Lost 4 lbs. and 4.5 inches with Level 1. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Jillian. Love the results I get - hate her when she tells me to keep going and I feel like falling over! :)

Let us know how it was. I have one day left in level 1, worried about starting level 2.
  • Stalh
    Stalh Posts: 14
    Options
    L1D7- Ya, I finally did the whole level - No resting.
  • AmyLou775
    AmyLou775 Posts: 8
    Options
    L1D1 I defintely got a work out.
  • nettles1880
    nettles1880 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I just bought 30DS and going to start it today. Looking forward to it. I was wondering what everyone was posting it as in the exercise diary? Please let me know. Good luck to all.
  • dgbiggz
    dgbiggz Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been doing this each day for about 4 weeks & so far I haven't noticed any "shredding". The last two weeks I've even done the first two levels one after the other. I don't get it! I'll keep doing it, but it's really frustrating. There is a bit more muscle tone I suppose, but no inches or pounds lost.
  • blottedcopybook
    Options
    L1D2 today - made it through without stopping but had to restrict my lifts to every 2nd lunge, my arms were getting very wobbly! I'm managing the cardio ok although I was stupid and did it barefoot yesterday so doing the butt kicks was very sore. I don't feel like I'm managing anywhere near what Jillian and her girls do :( I'm really struggling with the core work, my stomach tone is non-existant after 4 babies.
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I just started on Friday, I will be on day 5 tomorrow morning. I'm very anxious to see results :)