• MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am guilty :indifferent: and I stand by my comment! :wink:
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    you sound upset , did you get deleted?

I am not upset at all. Just answering a MFP question?

OK sorry! I haven't deleted any one yet, I try to be picky about who i let on my list, because I like to have people of all ages that I can relate to and who will be encouraged by me and retrurn that encouragement. that is why I am here. otherwise I don't think I would even spend time with it at all. whats the point?
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Uh...

...in for eventual explanation.

(Nah, just kidding, I really don't need more explanation...I'm just in for the inevitable drama this is going to cause...and I loves me some MFP forum drama.)

:laugh: because there hasn't been enough drama today, right ? :laugh:
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It's ok OP, I can relate.

once.png
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    My question is... Wouldn't the person that keeps people on their list solely for the numbers be the person that strives for attention on here?

Seems to me that you're calling yourself out, which is just plain silly, guhlfren.

I delete inactive members, people that constantly rave about Jesus, etc etc... If we're not friends, you're not going to be on my friends list.

Not worth getting so butthurt over, if you ask me.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Sounds like to me you are judging people....IJS

Sometime people really don’t realize how ugly they are acting to the people that look to them as a great inspiration.

Mayhaps they should, instead of getting hurt over it, realize that they need to have either better dedication, or find the kind of support they need? I don't think deleting someone is being "ugly". Being an outright bizzitch is being ugly. I think it's better to delete in silence than give in to the temptation of judging and griping *ahem*
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Phew....

I can relate to this post a little. Honestly speaking, I was offended by some members that deleted me while I was working throughout my busy season and though I was very active everyday at one point, I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. I gave up FB because it offered me nothing and this site gives me results. I fell off the wagon because I lead a stressful lifestyle for 4 months out of the year and have yet to find the balance. I was hurt the day I realized I was just too busy to pay the site a visit and I lost my 200+ day streak. But I'm happy to be back and going strong for almost 30 days now and I can't wait to see how far I have come this Thursday on my big 30 day weigh-in.

Let me go and thank my 34 friends that weathered the storm with me :)

Good day to everyone!
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a safe evening! Fitness time for me. :smile: :happy:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who wouldn't notice if someone deleted me?
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

nope. I wouldn't notice for weeks. I think I have around 30 friends on MFP now. Couldn't tell you for sure without looking, though.
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, OP. Think of this as a course. If someone won't study, do homework, and drops the class after 3 weeks, the rest of the class will move on without that student.

Now, say that student is your friend. Your friend really wants an A, but won't do the work. Complains about getting bad grades, while you're busting your hump. How much time and energy do you devote to supporting this friend?

I have and will cut REAL LIFE friends and relatives who do not log on. I will encourage them as long as they are willing to show up. That's all. Just log in and SHOW UP. I will help/encourage/whatever. I don't need to see your diary. I don't need your jokes on the forums. I will still be your friend in every other aspect of life.

But if you drop out of class, I will still graduate on time without you.

I like this
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    Some of these post are Super Inappropriate.

Some are Hilarious. Most of them of pics or mention of Dr. Pepper lmao...

I have no clue what this thread is about and I'm a master mumble poster lol. Seems to be about leaving coming back finding out you were deleted and telling the person who deleted you, you're not an MFP celebutart lol

I have no clue who any of these people are, om on a phone so everyone pretty much is a jumble lol...I rarely go through all my friends to see what they are up to, if there is an interesting comment one of them made on the feed, ill comment... does mfp send u a message saying this person hasn't logged in? how does one know? I find it odd and stalkerish to care enough tp delete anyone for not logging in or commenting on your page, my friends are seconadary a bonus to using mfp I don't regulate them lmao ..
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Uh...

...in for eventual explanation.

(Nah, just kidding, I really don't need more explanation...I'm just in for the inevitable drama this is going to cause...and I loves me some MFP forum drama.)

hahahahha:laugh: :happy: :drinker:
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options

wha?

disbelief.gif?w=500

ROFL!!!!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    O'tay. I relate and understand the original post. I only delete folks who have not logged in about 3 months. I wish them luck and hope they come back.
    The Celebrity part, yes, there are many people, especially those who have lost a TON of pounds, do sorta "forget". There is only one successful person who I initially looked up to, that I removed, because she got so cocky in her limited post, never posted anything encouraging, had a closed diary and often uses this site to sell her old clothing (maybe be some TOS concerns in there somewhere).
    Otherwise, I love my list, I love to be supporting to others who want it. I just wish this site would be more like FB so I could interact a bit more :)
  • Drizap
    Drizap Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • Drizap
    Drizap Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't notice.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You said "to each his own"... exactly, why not let each person make their own decison about what is right for them?

If someone wants to delete me from their friend list that is absolutely fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over what an internet stranger has done... and honestly I probably wouldn't know.

I've deleted people before and I'm sure I've been deleted - to me that's not about judging, its' about keeping my friend list manageable and up to date. I've seen lots of people who have been away who come back and post "looking for new friends".

I'm not quite sure about your "MFP celebrity" point - I've been here for a long time now and I've seen many people who have lost lots of weight and done all kinds of great things post again and again in a kind and supportive and helpful manner.

It's not an issue unless you choose to make it one.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

disbelief.gif?w=500

Too funny!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Some I might notice, others not. The OP is totally private so no idea where she is coming from. If someone comes back they can look me up and come back but I would delete anyone eating poorly, not signing in for a month or so. I would message someone I was close to.

I never started on this site to have a ton of cyber friends but I ended up with a few and that's the way I like it, a few. My diary is public good and bad so that if someone can get something interesting from it they are welcomed to it. Everyone should manage their friend list as they desire.