Big Breasted Success?

Options

Replies

• melissachipman123
    Options
    Enell sports bras online about$60 Oprah had a show about them. They look amazing I have never bought one though
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I found a compression sports bra that holds me in tight, from Target. Best $15 I ever spent. :-)
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    was a 46DD when I started out in 1996 weighing 250 pounds +. currently I am down to a 38C and weigh 191 pounds as of my last weigh in. I have to wait till the end of June to weigh since I am in a no scale challenge
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    hahaha... thank you for the laugh!
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    5'1 36D last time I measured but they feel way bigger. I use 2 bras to run, one maximum hold compression bra for intense cardio. When I first started getting back to working out, I underestimated the size of the girls and the amount of hold I needed in my bra. Went down for burpees and smacked myself in the face with my boobs on the way up. The instructor laughed so hard but so did I.
  • Lakona76
    Lakona76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know this might seem weird coming from a guy, but my wife purchased an Under Armour "Armour" bra and loves it. She's a 36D and said it the best fit she's out of all the sports bra's she's owned throughout the years. They come in a variety of sizes and there is a great YouTube video on the engineering that went into it, so it might be worth looking at. I think they're about $57 US or $67 CAD depending on where you are from.

Good Luck!!
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was an 36D. (80E European)
    Now I'm an 32C or a 34B (70D or 75C European)
    I lost 30 lbs..

The only thing I hate about my weightloss are my lost boobies :(
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I started out as a 42DD. I'm not half way to my goal (lost about 23pounds so far) and down to a 36/38D :)

I know they're expensive, but Victoria's Secret sports bras are amazing. I've never been able to find any others that keep me in and I don't end up popping out of half way through my run!

Good luck! :)
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Google ENELL. It was an investment. But oh so worth it. I am a 36 H as a nursing mother. Absolutely no bounce no chafing. Simply amazing..once you get into it. I pull it over my head. It is a front buckle multiple bra hook type. Looks like a bullet proof vest lol. But eight mile runs and my chest is not an issue. Also title nine. Com has lots of great bra s for bigger chests.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • caroline0208
    caroline0208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used the ENELL Sports Bra for my 44DDs and there was no way they were going anywhere once strapped in. It has a multiple hook and eye fastening down the front and is very substantial. Worked fine in TRX and Group Kick classes. Pricey at around $64 but worked a treat.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    As a 34G, I appreciate all the tips!

I am just hoping I will lose the boobs...... I used to be a 34D, and I was ok with that size. Now this is just obnoxious!
  • irishcailin2012
    irishcailin2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 G (Ireland). Whenever I lose weight my bust GOES UP. I don't know why and the doctors don't know why either. I've got an abshock bra,its amazing!! When I lose all the weight I don't know what size I'll end up being
  • jekwem
    jekwem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How? I have been trying to lose a cup size or two. I want to be back in a B like I was a year ago.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I started out a 38D, now, at goal, a 32DD. I typically wear a Champion Sports bra from Target - but when I was slightly larger I prefered to wear a normal, underwire one with a sports bra over it. I got used to them bouncing and they still do and I usually get looks while running on the treadmill. Dude, let them look. I'm darn proud of my chest. People pay big money for these things.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I finally found a sports bra that fit, nothing special, and they still jiggle a lot (just finding one that covered the girl's completely was a chore. I did the C25K program, now I run (ok, jog fast but it's running to me) and can for over 30 minutes if I choose too. I'm also strength training with a trainer at my gym.

I've lost almost 35 lbs and very little from my chest. I do plan on a reduction some day.

I'm a 38F (yes you read that right....an F!!!!)
    I can TOTALLY relate to you on the size!
    I actually ended up getting a bra throught the mail from Just My Size. Just make sure to read the reviews!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have just been waiting for this thread! Though am actually thinking of posting a blog post on this topic as I have a LOT to say!

First off, I'll give my credentials, having lost 35 lbs I am now a 32G. In the past I have been as high as a 36G but have also been a 36/34 F, E and for a long time I thought that DD was the biggest bra I could find (screw you Victoria Secret!) I've also learned a LOT by being in contact with a specialty bra store in Ottawa, Brachic, which specializes in high quality bras for all sizes (up to N I believe).

When I started running I quickly experienced all the problems that have been expressed here, sore back, bouncing girls and pain in the sides, even though I was wearing what I thought was a decent sports bra. I thought about doubling up but that is NOT the way to go. I did some research and discovered that most of the "sports" bras at the majority of stores are rated for high level (high impact) activity for sizes A-C and "moderate" activities for anything above that. This made me really angry because, frankly, I will not allow my breasts to dictate my exercise activities!

I started doing some research and found out about the Enell Sports Bra which I have used for the last 5 years. It is a great bra, high compression, cements those girls in place and is effective for all kinds of running (I've completed 4 half marathons and a full marathon in my Enells.) The only downside to this bra is that since it has 12 hooks on the front the bottom three hooks will wear out over time which can cause some issues as that is where the bra takes most of its impact. Recently I've also been trying out the Freya Sports Bra because it is a back closure and it allows me to have 2 boobs in my running photos rather than the uni-boob caused by the Enell.

Ok that said, here are the important things to know when you are wanting to do high impact activities while sporting big breasts:

1) GET FITTED. And this goes for your regular bras too, your breasts change regularly, as I said above mine have changed sizes up and down quite a bit in the last 5 years and they are likely to continue to do so. A proper bra fitter is a LIFE saver.

2) SIZING MATTERS: double boobing, hanging over the sides, under boobage, or that "stuffed sausage" feeling is not because your breasts are too large, it's because your bra doesn't fit right. If your cups aren't the right size increasing the band size will NOT make you feel better about yourself. If you wear an underwire the centre part should sit against your breast bone, the wire on the sides should be under your arm pits, NOT up in your breast tissue (that causes chafing! ouch!) Once I admitted to myself that I am not a DD and decided to invest in properly fitting bras (because they are more expensive) my confidence went WAY up. A properly fitting bra is like a 10lb weight loss instantly.

3) KNOW WHERE YOUR SUPPORT COMES FROM: 80% of the weight of your breasts should be supported by your bra cups and back band, NOT your straps. If the weight of your boobs is entirely hanging off your shoulders your back gets sore. That's just the way of it.

4) INVEST IN A GOOD BRA: I know that specialty bras are expensive. My Enells are about $75 bucks a piece and my Freya cost the same, but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. I have 3 Enell bras now that I have purchased over the last 5 years and my 1 Freya. That is a total investment of $300 in sports bras. However, I run on average 5 times a week, cycle a couple times a week and have used these bras to do Jiu Jitsu, hiking, weight training, and Dance Central on Kinect. (among various other activities that make the girls bounce). Exercising 5 days a week means that over the course of those 5 years my bras have cost me a whopping $0.23 per day of exercise. If you only exercise twice a week for a year a $75 bra averages out to $0.72 per day of exercise. How much do you spend in your running shoes? your gym membership? a good bra is TOTALLY worth it.

5) LEARN TO LOVE BODY GLIDE: Especially if you are going to be running with big boobs, Body Glide is your best friend. Boob chafing is a horrible experience (I have permanent scars from repeated blisters under my breasts) that can be mitigated by the proper application of Body Glide. If you're going to do the activities sometimes you have to adjust to the necessary products required to do it successfully. (also works wonders to prevent thigh rub, and blisters on the feet).

and finally

6) LOVE YOUR BIG BOOBS! While sometimes losing inches off your chest is necessary if your frame can't support the weight of your boobs (my mom had a reduction when I was 8 so I've seen this first hand) you should try everything you can before you resort to surgery. My mom was never properly fitted for her bras, never willing to invest the money in the proper sizing and support and I think if she had been she may have rethought her decision to go under the knife. Now let's be clear, I am NOT saying that reductions are never a good idea, for some people they are absolutely necessary, but this is a very painful procedure that will change you forever. While you're making the determination about what you need to do, try investing in garments that may just make you love what you have right now!

westfest.jpg

This is a photo taken from last years Westfest in Ottawa, a local festival. We were doing a parade/demonstration for the importance of wearing properly fitting bras. I've done this walk twice and it is AMAZINGLY empowering. (I'm the one right smack in the middle LOL) This was a couple months before I started here on MFP!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    they are cute and have no support or they have support and look like fort knox. who wants to go to bed with fort knox tits?.. ;)

Fort Knox Tits. This is the greatest description of big girl bras I have *EVER* heard.. and completely accurate!!
    [/quote]

Thanks .. Its true.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m a D cup and have been since about age 12 lmbo its just genetics. I use balley`s brand sports bra`s ( buy them at Sam`s club in a two pack for 15.00 ) under a compression tank it works wonders.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34F. I don't lose weight from boobs. (I'm okay with that, though, because I like them. Maybe because I didn't get them until I had my first kid.)

I just saw Miracole's post and agree with EVERYTHING that she said. Boobs are awesome. Flaunt them. And definitely go to a specialty store.

Oh, and to help avoid the uniboob effect in Enell sports bras, do the top three hooks first, then shove the girls in the proper place and finish up. The only thing that I don't like about the Enells are the billion (okay, 12) hook and eye closures. Sometimes my hand is cramping up by the time I get that sucker on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!