"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :noway: <-- That's me on the scale this morning :ohwell:

I'm actually up a couple of pounds. :embarassed: I'm hoping that some of that is water weight, but I went a little off the deep end yesterday and I guess the scale decided to show me who is boss for it. It sucks because I hit my Nov 1 goal on Friday and now it's gone. :grumble:

So, I'm going to be serious and work really hard this week.

:flowerforyou: So anyway, I hope everyone has a good Monday!! :flowerforyou:
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the number one reason I started this group...I got on the scale and although I knew that because of Auntie Flo that I was not going to have a big lose, I was particularly careful this week not to loose control and to avoid sodium. BUT I got on the scale and I had only a lose of .5 lbs. Now most people will say, "well you are still losing"...I know, but when you work really hard and your body does not cooperate it can cause a bit of fustration!! :angry: This is when support and motivation have to kick in...in this precise moment a change can be made in my train of thought and I can move forward and not get discouraged. I find that for myself feeling defeated in the battle of weightloss can cause a set back and because I have this group I will not let that happen!! :ohwell:

I am not going to dwell on it because I am 2 lbs from my November 1st goal and I know I can do that this week... I do plan to re-weigh myself in a few days to see if the water weight has disappeared...I can't wait until I reach my goal because then this whole Auntie Flo thing won't cause such turmoil on the scale...LOL! This gives me more motivation!! I am also thankful that I have all of you to listen to me VENT...we all need to at times...its a healthy outlet for emotions along this journey we are making together. :happy:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    :noway: <-- That's me on the scale this morning :ohwell:

I'm actually up a couple of pounds. :embarassed: I'm hoping that some of that is water weight, but I went a little off the deep end yesterday and I guess the scale decided to show me who is boss for it. It sucks because I hit my Nov 1 goal on Friday and now it's gone. :grumble:

So, I'm going to be serious and work really hard this week.

:flowerforyou: So anyway, I hope everyone has a good Monday!! :flowerforyou:

It has to be water retention...maybe the foods you ate had too much sodium?? Thats the only explanation for a 3 lb gain in 2 days....unless you ate 10,500 calories which would be what you needed to eat to gain 3 lbs...LOL! Isn't that crazy!!! Agghhh the womans body!!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options

....unless you ate 10,500 calories which would be what you needed to eat to gain 3 lbs...LOL! Isn't that crazy!!! Agghhh the womans body!!

Hmmm.. now I'm thinking about those 10,000 calorie cakes special made for big groups of people. Clearly I'm approaching that lovely time of month as well, if chocolate cake is the first thing that comes to mind. Which sucks - because my control on food has never been good around this time... *sigh*. Must not give in to the cheesecake...

On a serious note... I'd go with the water retention/sodium content as the most likely culprit - I'm sure by the time Nov 1st rolls around you'll have made your goal on it :-)
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    It's Monday :grumble: , where did the weekend go. Wasn't on much, I did get on to log food but that was about all I had time for. We stayed busy this weekend. My boys where going in different directions all weekend. So I was split going two places at once, welcome to "Mommy Taxi Service".

I ate ok for the weekend. Biggest probably Saturday I ate wrong, and not wrong food just wrong times. I missed lunch by about 2 1/2 hours which then left me not hungry for an early dinner which left me starving later. Sunday I couldn't find that something my body was wanting , then realized that TOM starts this week, DUH. Also realized that several of us are dealing with this at the same time.

Scaled this morning and still at the 225, so no gain. That's good. But wonder what this week will do to me :sad:

Thanks for listening, hope we all have a good day. Heads up, be strong! :drinker:
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Losers!

I thought I would rock the scale this morning. Blah only down 0.5 lbs.
    a half . I wasn't on this weekend and didn't log my food either.
    I kept busy raking leaves and playing with the kids, selling popcorn for my son's cub scouts.
    I am sooo sore from yard work. I had a great idea to squat to pick up all the leaves and put them
    in the bag. Well hopefully we don't get to busy at work where I am really running cuz my buns hurt.
    :ohwell:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Looks like this was a frustrating weekend for many, including me. I thought I was doing okay this weekend, but apparently not. I haven't gained, but haven't lost either. I'm having a hard time getting past this plateau that I've been stuck at for the past month. I know it was yesterday's bad eating due to running errands all day...ugh.

At least I'm not tempted by all the candy that will be everywhere this weekend. Still trying to think of a creative costume to enter in the contests at the local drinking establishments...hmm

Have a great day, everyone!
    Heather
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    6 more days until November 1st!!!! Keep at it everyone!!! This will be our first month weigh in. Wouldn't it be awesome if we all met our personal goals??:flowerforyou:

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Hello my names Heather! I would like to join. :) I really need to get my butt in gear!!
    current weight: 226
    November goal: 216 (maybe more since im starting at the end of oct?)
  • silvertears
    Options
    Ugh, I don't want to be at work today. :ohwell: I need a career change.

I got back on track yesterday and it feels good. I'm still hoping to hit my Nov 1 goal. If I don't, it won't be for lack of trying this week :happy:

I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!!:flowerforyou:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Hello my names Heather! I would like to join. :) I really need to get my butt in gear!!
    current weight: 226
    November goal: 216 (maybe more since im starting at the end of oct?)

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good Morning Challengers!!!

I am looking forward to have a Fantabulous DAY!! How is everyone doing today? I feel good and ready to go...my mini goal for the day is to get a really good sweat breaking work out. I am thinking Billy Blanks Boot Camp, I KNOW that will do it!

Welcome Newbies please take a moment to read the very first post and set some goals for yourself...it helps to outline the goals!

November 1st is around the corner and I am 2 lbs from goal!! I can do this!!!!! Mind Over Matter!!!

Lets Go PEOPLE!!! :bigsmile:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Yesterday was hectic! Left work at 4:20 and had the following to do:

Pick up oldest from school by 4:30 - he is trying out for the school baseball team - late 5 minutes :noway:
    Pick up youngest from Drama at school 4:45 - on time :wink:
    Feed the show animals - got the barn around 5:00
    Back to the house, tell kids to start on homework -5:30
    Tend to the new kitten we have (what was I thinking) - 5:35
    Tell the kids to leave the kitten alone :angry: 5:38
    Cook something for the 4H meeting ( we have potluck before the meeting) - 5:45
    Fuss at kids about homework and quit playing with kitten :grumble: - 5:46
    Lock kitten in bathroom, still fussing at kids 5:50
    Make it to the 4H meeting at 6:15 on time:smile: (Good thing we live in a small town!)
    Back home at 8:00 and have to start on regular, showers, teeth, read and finish what homework we didn't get done. Kids went to bed around 9, late for them. I finally got in the bed around 11, Mom's work never stops.

So hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and less stressful day because it can be worst. :flowerforyou:
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We need a roll call. Is someone going to make a list at our Nov weigh in of all of our group and our totals.
    That would be cool I think.

I had a yummy breakfast today.
    1 Thomas better start light multi grain english muffin toasted and
    spread 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese light french onion
    yummy! It tastes fattening.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options
    Hi all. Happy Tuesday. I am looking forward to the Nov 1 weigh in. Yesterday was my first day without nicotine patches. Hopefully it dosn't cause to much trouble for me. I want to finish October strong.

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone. Keep up the good work.

Rob
  • silvertears
    Options
    Hi all. Happy Tuesday. I am looking forward to the Nov 1 weigh in. Yesterday was my first day without nicotine patches. Hopefully it dosn't cause to much trouble for me. I want to finish October strong.

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone. Keep up the good work.

Rob

Way to go!! I quit in June... it's tough, but so worth it. :happy:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I remember to weigh myself this morning...I spend most days holding myself back from the scale, so it's sometimes hard to remember to actually weigh-in.

I'm down one pound, bringing my current weight to an even 205. Sadly, I won't meet the November 1st goal, but might get close. Hopefully, though, this means I'm getting past the plateau.

Good luck everyone and have a great day!
    Heather
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed this week's check in - I was sick as a dog all weekend. I'll be back with it this coming week.
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I didnt do well to day, but i plan to bring it tomorrow!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    For anyone who'd like the one post listing with everyone's check-in, I'd volunteered to collect the updates from everyone, and then turn it into one posting with all the check-ins and whatnot... If someone else would rather do it though, that's spiffy too :-)