Should I eat McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Make McDonald's your cheat meal, but only once a week or month. Good eats :D
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Hell yeah you should do it!! Your 18 it will take you all of 5 minutes to burn that off.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    if you want it, eat it. Period. Unless you are training to compete, there should be no restrictions on food, if done in moderation.

^^^ This - when you start denying yourself from what you really want that is when the problems start - as long as in moderation and you take consideration the other aspects sodium, fat, carbs counts for the day and don't go over - you should be just fine -- plus once you satisfy the craving then it can go away and you can continue with the good work...
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I actually like the salads.

and the smoothies are not that bad if you're on a long road trip and craving something like ice cream (but easier to take with you)
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Can you choose another fast food place to help satisfy your craving???? Chik-fil-A is ,uch better, Wendys next. McDonalds is the worst. I know it is tasty but what about pink slime?????

Weird but McDonalds was the first to annouce they were going pink slime free.

I say if you want it and it's in your calories than go for it. I had a Cherry dilly bar at DQ with the kids 2 days ago and loved every bite of it :-)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Ok I have to admit that it wasn't McDonald's I had but my mother and I went to Bristol the other day and she wanted Chick Fil A well I really didn't want to eat fast food cause ugh its nasty and greasy. But I told her fine let's go. I got a kid's mean 6 piece chicken nugget like meal and a small waffle fry. Logged it in on MFP and both together was 500 calories. I think as long as you stay under your calorie limit have your fast food But don't do it every day. Save it for a splurge day or something. If I do get McDonald's I always get a snack wrap grilled chicken honey mustard they are my favorite!!!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I still have it every now and then (but I always feel like crap after).

If you want it, go for it. If I deprived myself of everything I wouldn't stick with it. I just don't do it often and try to make up for it.

One meal of McDonald's will not set you back. Water, water, water though to help flush the sodium.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I tell my kids.

Hyperbole aside, McDonalds is poison.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of calories in a building but there's fiber in the shingles so go for it!
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own?
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is crap! Make a burger and bake some fries at home if you want to treat yourself. McDonalds isnt beef LOL. You have to lead your life the way you want for the rest of your life. If you can add in ice cream, a burger or chocolate in once in a while, then do so. BUT you can make a way better burger and fries for those cals then McDs.:flowerforyou:
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a couple of McGangBangs* during my 40 lb weight loss cycle. As long as you are doing everything right, indulge your cravings.

*A McChicken sandwich stuffed in the middle of a McDouble.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Never try to fit a lifestyle change decision to what you think MFPers (or anyone else really) will think of you. Unless you live the rest of your life based on whether or not random people approve of what you're doing.

Enjoy the McDonalds if you can work it in.

I agree!!!!!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    NO! why would you plan to eat JUNK food? that's a plan (recipe) for failure - there are plenty of other choices that are wiser and better and more nutritious. it's call JUNK food for a reason. Reward youself with something wholesome - try something new - you're worth it!

JUNK Food? Good to know you know what's best for everyone else in the world. PSH.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I want to scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO because mcdonalds is gross.

But then I read that you were craving it hardcore and you were worried about MFP people judging you, and now my answer is "yes." When I crave things (like cheesecake, or chocolate) I eat them. And i think its healthy to give yourself what you want now and again. Just run extra hard that day. Don't feel like you will be judged. It's no ones business but your own what you put in your body. And you can eat it and stay within your calories if you exercise a little more (I would run 4 miles for a slice of pizza. I have done it many many times!)

[edit] and also, when I say "McDonalds is gross" I am not trying to judge you, but rather it's how i genuinely feel about that place. I have NEVER gone there once in my adult life. My kid has never gone there. Its just not what I consider to be "food"....so that's where I was coming from. Not from a " YOU SHOUDLN"T DO THAT ITS NASTY THATS GROSS"...i hope you see the difference.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Have you seen what they put in that stuff?!?!? Mechanically extracted meat really is not good for anyone!!
  • craigmc61
    craigmc61 Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat there almost daily. Being a single guy it is a challenge for me to always eat at home. Typically I have a Large Light Lemonade and an Ice Cream Cone as a daily snack. For breakfast sometimes I get their fruit and yogurt parfait or their new Oatmeal with Fruit. Once a week I treat myself to a Daily Double if I have been really good that day and fries without salt. If it is in your calories and it doesn't impact the other things you are monitoring such as salt and fat then it should work. It has worked for me so far. I am down 24 pounds as of today! : )
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    McDonalds isnt beef
    Actually it is, granted, not the best, but it is
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    If you can go there once and easily get back on track then I'd say go for it. It's nice to fulfill those cravings sometimes. I find it easier to just avoid places like McD's... and after awhile you don't even miss it.
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i occasionally have a fish finger happy meal (with a bottle of water)

they look a bit odd when I'm buying it on my own, its 429 cals and i work it in, but i watch the rest of the days sodium as it can be high.

go for it, i was a lifestyle change that i can sustain for every and I'm sure I'll want a MD (or other junk food) at some point, so need to know how to work it in