LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options
Valera0466
Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
Sounds like a pick up line, huh?

Actually I am hoping to find support from women with the same sort of issues as I have. Women over 40 have physical challenges others don't have or understand. I am 46 and starting to experience signs of menopause. Gone are the days when I could eat slim fast for a month and loose 20 lbs. It's a constant struggle and I am hoping MFP will be the one that works.

I am more than willing to accept friends that fall outside of this group but definitely hoping to find some going through the same life experiences as me.

Val <><

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 and I am definitely noticing changes in my metabolism but nothing from menopause yet. I know what you mean about wanting this kind of support/camaraderie. While I'm not 40 yet and cannot offer anything about menopause I am interested in this issue since it will be coming up for me. So even though I fall outside of 40+ you can add me and maybe I can at least offer you some support and encouragement.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I think it helps to have friends who are supportive and encouraging!
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile: The more the merrier!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. Feel free to add me.
  • sabermax
    sabermax Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm 42 and expect to start menopause at any time. I have 75 pounds to lose and it just does not comeoff like it used too. add me if you want!!
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am just a tad over 40 but love to give and receive the support. Thanks!
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    About to turn 42 this week - be great to have each other as motivation :)
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am 39, I have always had metabolism issues and have been overweight most of my life, but notice as I get older it gets even harder...

Feel free to add me
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm 44 and I really noticed a big change in weight gain/hard to lose weight over the last couple of years. I'm trying to lose 45 lbs (1/2 way there!) before I turn 45 in November :smile:
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    I'll be 52 in a couple of months feel free to add me if you'd like!:blushing:
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 44 and it is a struggle everyday!!!!! I have been working on my weight now for 3 months and right now I am really struggling!! Like you said when I was younger it came off a whole lot easier!!!! We can do this together!! Feel free to add me!!:flowerforyou:
  • pxkjmeandmine
    Options
    I am 42 years old and I am actually going to the doctor tomorrow to find out what's going on with me. I am adding you!! I am amazed at the support on MFP.:happy:
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 49, have about 30 lbs to lose, and find it's going at a snail's pace (.6 pounds last time.:sad: )
  • wstokes28
    wstokes28 Posts: 27
    Options
    Please add me. I totally understand. It is a strugle every day. NEVER had to work so hard.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and you are welcome to add me too :)
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, there's a "group" already on MFP "40-50+ but younger next year" If you want to join that group, Go to "Community" tab, then search for it on the "Groups" tab (adjacent to "message boards" tab). It;s great. Very active group, lots of support.
    Kim
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    51 and loving every minute of it! : )
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 42, and my metabolism is definitely not what it used to be. I'm focusing more on building muscle than weight loss, and the scale doesn't move very much at all. Feel free to add me!
  • shiftclick
    Options
    Add me, too. I am 52 and have about 50 lbs to lose. I have been watching what I eat for the last month or so and have only lost 5 pounds - in the not-so-distant past I would have lost twice that and noticed a change. Now I feel like everything is in slow-motion and I can't imagine keeping on like this.

I have the Fitbit Ultra, MFP, and I know what I'm doing - it worked in the past but now? Blah. Like walking through quicksand. NOTHING.
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Coming up to 44 in a few weeks. Definitely finding i'm putting on more weight since i hit my 40's. I'm currently trying to shed my jelly belly. :) Feel free to add me.