Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm baaaack! I'm ready to go on vacation again!! :bigsmile: I loved visiting my daughter, and her family, across the country from me and I loved our cruise! Where is my cabin steward, etc. today when I could really use them?! Sigh... Back to real life... I will have this week's chart here later today. I have quite a few things I need to do and I will work on it in between.

Thank you soooo much to Roni_M for all of her hard work, on our behalf, while I was gone! I soooo appreciate it!! :flowerforyou:

I was sorry to see so many more people gone. We have even more dropping on this chart. That is what happens with every challenge though. I applaud all of you who are persevering to the end!! Until later...
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weight in, as it was day one of my husband working out of state. For the whole summer. :/

I'll get back on it next week!
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Welcome back Kristen :happy:
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back and refreshed Kristen!! Roni did a superb job while you were gone!!! I always look forward to seeing the updated chart so I'll be checking back in later!!
  • WilliamsJJ86
    Options
    Name/ real name: WilliamsJJ86/ Jennifer

Current Weight: 300
    Challenge Goal Weight: 279

04/09: 297.9
    04/16: 299.3
    04/23: 296.8
    04/30: 297.4
    05/07: <<<297.4 >>>
    05/14: 298.2
    05/21: 295.7
    05/28: 294.6
    06/04: <<<295.1>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<>>>
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Welcome back Kristen!

Sorry I missed the weighing, I had problems with my Internet connections and TOM.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Week81-2.jpg
    Week82-1.jpg
    Week83-1.jpg
    Week84-1.jpg

We have lost 60 people during the eight weeks of our challenge. :-( We have 70 people left. :-)

There are a lot of changes to the chart this week so your name might be somewhere different.

Because of the size of this chart, please do not quote this post.

I'm super beat today so I will catch up on the comments and post more another time.

Congrats to all of this week's winners!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the biggest, overall, losers... amazon75, jgunn81, Shadowkitty22, and
    k****ey31!!

Shadowkitty22 - Would you please give us a challenge (or two) for the week? Thanks!

Kristen
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Amazing job everyone! And those that haven't noticed a change in the scale, keep your heads up and push forward! Never give up :)
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went with my hubby to do our company clothing order (t-shirts, hats, jackets all with the logo for our employees). In the jacket we picked, the biggest sample size they had for me to try on was a woman's medium. Dreading getting "stuck" in a jacket I reluctantly tried it on... AND IT FIT!! I will allow that it is probably made big, but I don't remember the last time I owned anything that said medium on the tag! Someone, somewhere, thinks that I am a size medium!! That's a long way from the 3X I ordered last year!!

So the scale may not be co-operating but the inches are still coming off. I am officially the smallest I have been in at least a decade. These challenges that Kristen does have been a huge part of keeping me on track and I would just like to say THANK YOU to all of you for keeping me motivated when the scale stops moving.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow, Roni...that's wonderful. Double woot worthy...Woot! Woot!

Edited to add: Went and looked at your profile pictures... gotta add another Woot! Amazing progress. Woot!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to see green/yellow with my name for so long now and I finally made it. :)

Now let's see, a goal or challenge for the week. I think first I'll go with try something new at the gym/home/wherever you work out. Try a new class/workout video that you've never done before (mine is going to be the Tai Chi class that my temporary gym offers). So if you've been interested in Zumba, spin, yoga, water aerobics, etc then give it a go and try something new. Perhaps you'll enjoy it and find something fun to do to help break up any monotony that you might have in your exercise routine (you know we all get there eventually).

If you don't already do it, then I challenge you to make water your number 1 go to (if not only) beverage choice for the week. So put aside the tea, juice, coffee and alcohol (I'm sure I'm asking a lot with those last two) and drink tons of water this week. Then at the end of the week, see how much better your body feels because you didn't consume empty calories from liquids but were instead able to add something else to actually eat into your daily meal with all those extra calories.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Kristen. Sounds like you had an amazing trip.:drinker:

I will try the challenge for next week. The coffee part maybe not. :tongue:
    I am addicted. :tongue:

I will try to the DVD challenge. I kind of did that last week with Leslie Sasone
    and then added the Pilates at the end. :bigsmile:

Great work everyone who are still hanging on!!

I know I need some motivation again . My exercise besides my Pilates exercises
    is not happening.

Good Luck next week everyone !!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Wow, Roni...that's wonderful. Double woot worthy...Woot! Woot!

Edited to add: Went and looked at your profile pictures... gotta add another Woot! Amazing progress. Woot!

Thank you!! I'm still a little in awe of it myself, the scale and a size medium do not compute at all. I'm also doing the whole paranoid thing worrying that the sample was mislabeled and my coat won't fit when it comes in, because in my head that makes more sense than me actually being a size medium. LOL
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats Roni and Shadowkitty and all u other wonderful "losers"!! :drinker:
  • shadowkitty22
    Options
    So I did Tai Chi today and it felt like stretching for the elderly as my husband and I were the youngest people in the class by at least 30 years! I was technically the youngest person period. But it was a great way for me to cool down and stretch after doing my C25K for 30 minutes on the treadmill and working up a great sweat. And apparently I burned way more calories doing that than I thought I would but it seems that's what happens in martial arts when you're using all your muscles.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to see green/yellow with my name for so long now and I finally made it. :)

Great job making it there!

Now, for me to get back to having sole possession of that green, that is my challenge for the week, rofl.

Good luck everyone.
  • shadowkitty22
    Options

Great job making it there!

Now, for me to get back to having sole possession of that green, that is my challenge for the week, rofl.

Good luck everyone.

You're on! Haha
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thankfully I am done with the insane schedule of 40+ hours/week with 3 kids at home + hubby's 2 jobs. (God bless all the single Moms of the world & those that manage to work full time on a regular basis with little ones!!)

My house was getting messy, little time for planning or exercise (let alone sleep). Goodness! Now, technically I still have 40+ hours of work to do, but with the kids home for the summer, I have set a hard rule that I will be home with them 2 days a week (I've got to enjoy them before those teen years hit & suddenly they stop fighting over who gets to sit next to me at dinner time!) Hoping I can somehow become more productive in less time at work, or I'll end up bringing it home with me (ugh!)

Roni - Woo Hoo on the size Medium!!! Love it!!

Shadowkitty - I dusted off the bicycle, bought a used "trail-a-bike" for my just turned 6 year old - and off we went on a bike ride! Haven't done that in ages! I am 100% water for the week thus far. The Tai Chi class sounds interesting!

I've been trying out new recipes - and the scale today was 0.2 from the 192 goal I had for my minigoal. So, a few days late but fingers crossed will be able to keep it there or lower by Monday to stay on track to meet my challenge goals!

Hugs to all of you,
    Amy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    / real name: Shirley61/Shirley

Current Weight: 180.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168.0

4/09: 180.6
    4/16: 178.8
    4/23: 177.6
    4/30: 177.8
    5/07: 178.4 <<<mini goal>>>176.0
    5/14: 180.8
    5/21: 178.8
    5/28: 179.4
    6/04: 178.6 <<<mini goal weight>>>172.0
    6/11: 178.8
    6/18:
    6/25:
    7/02: <<<challenge goal weight>>>168.0

I can't seem to get off this plateau. :ohwell:
    Only a few more weeks left and no where near the goal. :cry:
  • shadowkitty22
    Options
    Name/ real name: Shadowkitty22/Emilie

Current Weight: 268.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 243

04/09: 268.8
    04/16: 265.6
    04/23: 264.6
    04/30: 261.4
    05/07: 260.2 <<<mini goal weight 258>>>
    05/14: 256.2
    05/21: 255.6
    05/28: 255.6
    06/04: 251.2 <<<mini goal weight 250>>>
    06/11: 250.5
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<challenge goal weight 247>>>

I changed my final goal weight as when I originally signed up for this challenge I had my weight loss goals set to 2 pounds per week but however since changed that to 1.5 pounds per week because I was having issues feeling full with my lower daily calories. And I really would've liked to see a greater amount of weight lost this past week but I think with the 4.4 of the week before my body was just like HOLY CRAP or something. But .7 is still a loss and I'll take it. :)