Do you believe in 'soulmate' concept?

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No, but I do think there is someone ideal out there for each of us...at least someone that we would just click with...just have a deep connection with.
  • hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options
    Not sure I'd use that term. It's become somewhat cliched and hackneyed over the years.

But yes, I do believe that, while most people can probably live very satisfying and possibly even happy lives with someone else, there is one special person out there for each of us. One who fits us better than any other ever possibly could. I also believe that you're very, very lucky if you end up with them.

And every day I thank my lucky stars that I did.
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do believe that you can have a soulmate, I married mine many years ago. Maybe I was just lucky...
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think a person can have more than one soul mate. My husband is my soul mate, but so is my best girl friend. We have different kinds of relationships, of course.

I totally agree with this...in my marriage I compliment my husband and he me and in by BFF relationship it is the same. We just go together plain and simple. Like peanut butter and jelly lol :glasses:
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I believe in a soulmate. I believe in loving someone with all your heart and feeling like they are your other half. I also believe that no matter how much you love someone, you will still have to work at your relationship. This is one of those things where you can only really go by how you feel in the moment and then on your death bed you can reflect.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I do. Funny thing is I consider my soulmate my best friend, Kristen. I am married and I love my husband and he's also my best friend and my life but I see him as a different kind of soulmate. But my friend Kristen is so my soulmate. She gets me like no one else and I can open up to her and it's just way more than that. But yes I believe.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in soulmates so much as kindred spirits-- people who fit into your life in ways that most others don't. And I think you can certainly have more than one in a lifetime (or even more than one at a time).

Totally agree with this - and with the previous poster who mentioned both her husband and best friend being her "soulmates."

It's always struck me as odd that so many people believe that there is one right person for someone and that coincidentally it just happens that in 90% of the circumstances that perfect person happens to live near them - or goes to the same school - or what have you.

I think there are so many people on this wonderful earth that could bring something meaningful to my life. I'm sure that there are many many people out there I could love - truly and deeply. I love my husband, and envision a wonderful, long life with him. Do I believe he's the ONLY person who could have brought me happiness, or that I'm the only person that could have brought him happiness? No. And if anything ever happened to me, I would want him to find love again - just as meaningful and as deep as what we share.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I do, but I think your chance of finding them is slim to none.
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    Yes. My husband and I officially met two weeks after I turned 18 (he wouldnt date minors) but had always hung around the same places, with the same people before. We had seen each other around but luckily We never met and got stuck in that friend situation, as soon as we met we were inseparable and got married 6mo later. This September we will have been married for 9years. We joke and tell people we are the same person with different genitals. He fit into my group of friends, and my family like nobody else had.
    It's all just a big coincidence of course but I find it an interesting one.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I definately believe in the soulmate concept. After getting out of a long term abusive marriage. I prayed to my Lord, and asked for me and my soul mate to met when the time was right. about 2 yrs later, counseling and some education, started college. I met my mate. I know it after our first date. We have now been married 20+ yrs. He took my two girls as his own. We have had ups and downs, but in the end everything works out. Not that it doesnt take some work, I mean no marriage is easy breezy. However, we have had arguments, i can count the number on one hand. We always agree we are gonna see things differant and thats ok. we are soul mates but not made from the same genes, so we are gonna have differances. One thing that will alway stay the same is our love and support for one another.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I watched a documentary once about whether there is such a thing as "soulmates' or "love at first site" and it seems that often it's a chemical attraction from our more primative ancestors where we are actually attracted to each others DNA for the purpose of procreation and we react to the chemistry of a person, men of course are more visual and women get a feeling, but we also react to the smell and warmth of a person. But I have to say after having a very long term relationship with someone I felt quite compatible with and loved deeply, I thought he was in fact the only match for me. But his issues stood in the way and I found myself not happy at all, the love was there but the sadness prevailed. A few years later, I had a mind blowing experience with someone I least expected to have a connection with, this relationship was so not likely to work out, Four years later we are still madly in love and married two years. I've definitely found my soul mate.

Science tries to find evidence for things we know exist. Like, science is always trying to prive God's existence. Or, they try to find out if "love" really exists or is it something else. They always explain it in terms of chemical reactions in the brain, and look at lost of data and try to figure out a way to say "this is what love is". But, many things that exist in this world are magical. You may not believe in magic, but how do you explain love?

There is some evidence that points to the fact that humans actually have way more non-verbal signals than we are aware of. Don't you ever wonder how you are sitting there thinking about a long lost friend...something you are doing reminds you of them, maybe a song, maybe a situation, and all of the sudden, out of the blue, they show up in your life? I think most everyone has. Some people say it's just by chance. I don't think it is at all. Science can't define this, but it exists. It happens to me all the time. I know it happens, just like I know that love happens...just like I know soul mates exist. It's something that science can't really define yet. But, it is real.

The thing about it is this: the more you believe, the more real it becomes.

Have you ever wondered about your dreams? I did. A while ago. I have my own thoughts about what they really are, however, one thing I learned is that the more you pay attention to them, the more you dream, and the more you dream the more vivid and momorable they become. It's like anything, the more time and energy you put in, the more you get out. General life things are like that too, soul mates, love, God, positive energy, all that is related together, but it's up to you. You can ignore it and poo-poo it all, but still live a realitively happy life. But, if you tune into to it, you will see how those things come alive for you. I'm just saying what I said before, you create your own little world, and you can make it happen or not. It's all real, it's just a matter of making it happen.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Yep.

Been with my husband 16 years now.

We met on the internet, playing games. I was in FL, he was in WV.

We met in person the very first time and have never left each others side since then.

We have 2 kids together (6 and 4)....and raised my two adult children, too (23 and 24).

We still play games together lol....and I believe wholeheartedly that he is my soulmate.

I also believe in the concept that certain souls were meant to be together...even if it were for a brief time (like my first marriage) or for a lesson needing to be learned.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Yep.

We met in person the very first time and have never left each others side since then.

We have 2 kids together (6 and 4)....and raised my two adult children, too (23 and 24).

We still play games together lol....and I believe wholeheartedly that he is my soulmate.

I also believe in the concept that certain souls were meant to be together...even if it were for a brief time (like my first marriage) or for a lesson needing to be learned.

Wow... I never thought internet was available in 1996...
  • neverstray
    Options
    Yep.

Are you serious? Dude, it's been around since the 60's. Wow. Really?
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Mind me.. I'm just a youngster :wink:
  • neverstray
    Options
    Yep.

Mind me.. I'm just a youngster :wink:

Well, the story was interesting and actually started in the 50's. It's pretty well documented in lots of publications, and probably on Google. It's a piece of history that I think younger folks would be interested in, moreso than World War I or something. The thing is, when they first made it, they didn't know what to do with it. LOL. It took a very long time before they found uses for it. Mostly education and government took to it. It took a while for everyday people to find any need for it.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's all relative... but the couples that are "meant to be" are the ones that go thru everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out stronger than they were before.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I do not believe in soulmates. I believe that if you really love somebody, you both do what's in the best interest of that relationship.Partners build each other up through their support and love. But the concept of there being a ying for everybody's yang.....no, i dont.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone has at least one potential dream team partner - but its up to you to make it work- and you'll only make it work if you have a fierce fierce fierce desire to make it work.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in soulmates so much as kindred spirits-- people who fit into your life in ways that most others don't. And I think you can certainly have more than one in a lifetime (or even more than one at a time).

Totally agree with this - and with the previous poster who mentioned both her husband and best friend being her "soulmates."

It's always struck me as odd that so many people believe that there is one right person for someone and that coincidentally it just happens that in 90% of the circumstances that perfect person happens to live near them - or goes to the same school - or what have you.

I think there are so many people on this wonderful earth that could bring something meaningful to my life. I'm sure that there are many many people out there I could love - truly and deeply. I love my husband, and envision a wonderful, long life with him. Do I believe he's the ONLY person who could have brought me happiness, or that I'm the only person that could have brought him happiness? No. And if anything ever happened to me, I would want him to find love again - just as meaningful and as deep as what we share.
    This