Runners...what brand shoe do you run in?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying another paid of shoes until my Nike's fall apart.

When they stop selling $10 shoes for $150 I'll buy more. When they start paying the little foreign child more than $1.00/hour to make the shoes, I'll buy even more.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :) I start camp soon, and once I get paid I plan to go get real running shoes (though I only jog, haha) Right now I'm using Pumas from like.. 5 years ago. Haha.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nike Zoom Structure+ 15. Finally took the advice of others and went to Roadrunner Sports and got analyzed and fitted.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    OP, I feel your pain. The first pair of shoes that I got fitted for and worked properly for me were Mizuno Wave Rider 11's. I went through 7 pair before I was unable to find them any longer. I tried a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 12's. Hated them. Ditched them after about a month. Luckily, the Mizuno Wave Rider 13s had come on. Fell in love with them. I am now on my last pair of 10. They have nearly 500 miles on them and will need to be replaced soon. I tried the Wave Rider 14s and I just don't like the changes to the hell cup. I have a pair of Brooks Launch that I bought a month ago. They work, but I don't love them. I may get another pair to put in rotation or maybe go to a different running store to see if they have any other options.

*sigh*

btw OP, I'm in Baltimore too.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My first pair of fitted running shoes were the Adidas Glide 4s
    I got a new pair (also fitted) and got the Nike Pegasus.
    Someone said they had them too and would have to replace them soon since they're so comfy, I agree!
    I love the Pegasus

The Pegasus:
    http://www.footlocker.com/images/products/large_w/24981410_w.jpg

The Glide:
    http://www.zappos.com/images/z/1/7/0/5/5/7/1705571-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg

In those exact colors!

I tried Asics and Saucony, so much pain, returned them
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Vibrams or NB minimus

I do love nike Air MAX 90's for some reason though
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Aren't Brooks supposed to be really good running shoes as well as the ones mentioned?

I just went to a running store to get fitted and ideas for the proper running shoe for me and the Brooks were the best fit for me. They offer great cushioning and they had last year's model at a discount...SCORE!!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have some new balance ones I got for cheap. I really want to head to a running store where they help you figure out what kind of shoe works best for you.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've been using the 1200 series from New Balance for the last few years and I love them. I'm pretty flat footed and the support they give me is excellent. They erased the knee and ankle pains I was suffering in any of the other shoes I had been running in up to that point (but in fairness to those shoes, they weren't really made for feet like mine.)
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Brooks since the beginning of high school and all through college so far (one year left). I love them!
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have Saucony Hurricane 14s. I love how they feel, but the look isn't appealing to me. I know that looks shouldn't be a priority, but it helps! I also have Mizuno Wave Nirvana 7s. I really like both shoes.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I've always run in Saucony... and I'm now on my 5th pair in three years. But I bought a pair of New Balance for when it's time to trade out for a new pair. They were a great fit in the store and felt awesome so I can't wait to wear out my current pair of running shoes. :laugh:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I've always run in Saucony... and I'm now on my 5th pair in three years. But I bought a pair of New Balance for when it's time to trade out for a new pair. They were a great fit in the store and felt awesome so I can't wait to wear out my current pair of running shoes. :laugh:

Don't wait, rotate. :)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love my vibram bikilas for running outside, but for some reason the minimalist shoes feel weird on the dreadmill, so if I'm inside, I wear Brooks.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I also love New Balance (though I am not a hardcore runner) and I hate it when they discontinue models. The WR769ST was my favorite, I tried on many and it was the only thing that felt good on my feet. Now they've replaced it with the WR760 and it's not as good.

I just checked, I can't keep up with NB. The 760 is gone and was replaced with the 860. Now the 860 is gone and replaced with the 860v2. Jeez!
  • JilleBean82
    JilleBean82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have brooks right now but I loved my mizunos. Altras are next on my to try list, I like the zero drop and the bigger toe so your foot can splay naturally. I wish it werent 100 outside...I miss running.
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    I'm in Reeboks right now, but they have little life left in them so I'm in the market. I ran in Sauconys and Brooks back when, but I'm not sure right now since I haven't been running that long on this re-incarnation of me as a runner. So, I read this for ideas.

I see several people who have the Nike frees and are swearing by them, but the guy at our local running store said stay away - Nice looking shoe with a great marketing campaign, but they're terrible in real life. Do I chalk this up to one person's opinion? My daughter runs in Nikes and she was looking at Frees for herself until this guy said this, so I'm real curious for both she and I.
  • McMGreeley
    Options
    I got fitted at a running store and they recommended Brooks Ravenna 3. I was nervous because I have had success in Asics. However, I did order and tried Brooks and so far I have really liked them!!!
  • runner110
    runner110 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am running in Mizuno Wave Rider 14. Love them.