Why are you here? No, for real...

Options

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    My reasons are reversed.

I woke up one morning and I was eating Pringles and chocolate for breakfast. I literally threw out the chips I had already taken out of the can to eat and immediately downloaded an app.

Now that I see all the talk about skinny fit with pictures to go with it, I realized that previously I had always been skinny fat anyway. So now my motivation is to look better this time than I did before I gained my moving abroad I'm on vacation mode I went into. I have never liked my pear shape because my bottom is bigger and saggy. My saddle bags stick out. I wasn't unhappy but now I realize pear shape is gorgeous and I can make it better. I just need to firm it up a bit. I realize it doesn't have to stay that way. It's not the weight. It's changing how it looks that I'm ultimately after now.
  • jillp99
    jillp99 Posts: 8
    Options
    a ***** i hate is skinnier than me. lol..............
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a wedding to go to in September, and have to be my sister's bridesmaid May 2013. She'd make me starve regardless if I wasn't skinny enough by that time, might as well get a head-start :tongue:
  • LunaPhaedra
    LunaPhaedra Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    for myself, my deep dark reason for losing weight is just so my mom and brother will finally stfu about my weight. yes, i don't really like being over weight, but hey, there are still days when i can look in a mirror and say "Helloooooo sexy!" and feel good about how i look. but i'm constantly lectured by my mom and insulted by my brother (and sometimes my sister... even though she's almost as big as me!) and frankly, i just get sick and tired of listening to these *kitten*. So sure, i'll be able to finally go to stores and not have to worry about whether there'll be something in my size or not, and my cholesterol won't be so messed up anymore; but really, i just want these people to finally shut the *kitten* up and get off my back.
  • Fredrikanita
    Fredrikanita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked, be strong, fit and feel good about me. Am definately on my way there, just have to get back on the band wagon, kinda fallen off this week. :bigsmile:
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To really get myself in check and be serious about losing the weight and being healthy..
  • 704fitness
    704fitness Posts: 153
    Options
    I started because it was great for tracking my progress as well as my exercises. I now find participating in some of the message boards an added bonus.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Here because my wife, parents, relatives, and/or people i work with insist on taking pictures of me and i don't like how i look in them. Also i have 6 years before my high school reunion. I want them to truly not have a clue who i was anymore.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I started because I had lost quite a bit of weight 6-7 years ago, and it was slowly creeping back up. Not to mention that I was having trouble getting up a flight of stairs.

And then my jeans started being hard to fit into, so I decided to put a stop to the gaining before it got to be too much. Also because I want to get stronger and be a bad *kitten*.
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Because I miss my fine thick self. I let thick turn to obese. Not gonna live like that anymore.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    diabeetus_cat.jpg

YOU made my night.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    though i've basically been wanting to lose weight since i was 11 (sad, i know-- i'm 20 now), this past year i turned down going out with my friends on the weekends because i felt too unattractive at my weight in comparison to the rest of them. that was the final straw, and so i'm devoting my last summer at home to making the final change in my life.

for halloween, me and my best friends (10 of us) want to be disney princesses and i was chosen to be ariel, and da*nit, I WILL wear the sea shell bikini top and look smokin' sexy when i do it..
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    At first it was to get healthy....but it got serious one day when....

My daughter (13) and I were out and about. I saw a lady who was very large, but dressed like she was very small. I said to my daughter "Please tell me I am not that big" and she said ":ohwell: "

Yep...that was it. Came home, took a "before" picture and yelled into the living room "HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME I LOOK LIKE THIS?!"

And it is history from there.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    Looking back over the years, I can truly say I had the show..now at 75, I want the curtain call.

congrats to you :)
  • neesie0358
    neesie0358 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is funny because I initially started because of an upcoming family reunion. We have them every two years and four years ago my sister lost 65 lbs and began bringing her size 18!! clothes to the reunion and giving them to me. She did that at the last reunion and last year when she came out to visit us. I am determined that this year I won't be able to fit them so I can say "NO THANKS!!!" hahahahaha I've already met that goal because I am now a size 14 but this journey has morphed into so much more than when I started. I need to thank my sister for pushing me to get started. Glad I did!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I am with you...tired of having my picture taken and being embarrassed or feeling awkward. I'll be 50 next year, and although I've lost over 30 lbs in the last couple of years, I still have a ways to go.

I promised myself I wouldn't be overweight throughout my 40s, and although I made a lot of progress about 5 or 6 years ago, I've had trouble since then (husband's job loss, new career & relocation, mother passed away unexpectedly). I just have felt I couldn't get it together. Well, there's no right time to get it together.

So, I am not where I want to be, but if I keep moving in the right direction, I plan to get there eventually.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    This is funny because I initially started because of an upcoming family reunion. We have them every two years and four years ago my sister lost 65 lbs and began bringing her size 18!! clothes to the reunion and giving them to me. She did that at the last reunion and last year when she came out to visit us. I am determined that this year I won't be able to fit them so I can say "NO THANKS!!!" hahahahaha I've already met that goal because I am now a size 14 but this journey has morphed into so much more than when I started. I need to thank my sister for pushing me to get started. Glad I did!

Oh, I have an older sister who enjoys telling me that her clothes are too big, and oh, wouldn't I like them. I admit I'd like to lose a lot of weight and then give her MY old clothes!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    When I was maybe 10 pounds overweight (rather than 110 or whatever it is), I felt pretty good about myself. I had a lot of self confidence, and I wasn't super vain, but I thought I was unique and special. I mean as far as how I looked. But now I feel like I'm either invisible or unattractively sticking out. I don't take pride in how I currently look - I hide it or try to make the most of what is "okay". I want to feel like I look amazing and not just be telling myself that. I want to be like I used to be - just walk into the room where my husband is and have that special power that sexy women have. And I would like to not have something terrible happen to me health wise like a heart attack.
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been on both sides of the spectrum. Underweight with an eating disorder in my early 20s to super large after having my son (he's 8 now). I want to break that darn yoyo cycle and get it right this time. Plus I want to be super hot haha who doesn't, right?
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    About a year and a half ago, I got sick of hearing that I looked good "for having a kid", and that's when I joined this site. I think one of my friends on here said this, but I feel like saying "You look good, for having a kid." is like saying "Well, you look pretty good, for a troll."

I took it up a notch (or like six) after a breakup. I'm not trying to get him back, make him jealous, or any of that crap. We had talked about how we would be a "workout couple" because we both thought we needed to get in better shape... I just want to show him that at least one of us means what we say. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a bug eye action the next time he sees how good I look. :bigsmile: