Body by Vi Visalus Shakes

Options

Replies

• angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Run away. If you don't plan on doing it the rest of your life, why do it temporarily. Real food that you have to chew, real exercise that makes you sweat, and great supportive friends will result in nothing but success!
    I 100% agree. These products are crutches. We need to learn to eat properly and take care of our bodies the right way. You have to work hard to enjoy the results. These results will be quick but only temporary. Spend your money on real clean food. Do we know the long term effects of pouring these mixes and supplements in our bodies?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    eating.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I use it.. i work out and it works for me.. with the low carb factor ( what you cant get in a majority of proteins that i have tried)

What do you mean by this? I must be misunderstanding because it seems like you are saying most protein powders have a lot of carbs?

Same. That's why I'm curious. Perhaps she is comparing Muscle Milk?
    the protein powder i use has 25g protein, 3g carbs per scoop.
  • jcoppenh
    jcoppenh Posts: 8
    Options
    Laursey, well said!
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    :laugh: Jacwhite22 u r hilarious
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I use it.. i work out and it works for me.. with the low carb factor ( what you cant get in a majority of proteins that i have tried)

What do you mean by this? I must be misunderstanding because it seems like you are saying most protein powders have a lot of carbs?

yep... i have used soooo many of them and i spent so much time looking for one ( and hey if someone can present one to me that tastes good fills me up and has low carb and low cal.. i would switch... ) but then i guess if i get a protien powder from gnc and use it.. what would the diffrence really be... i mean... if i use gnc or i use visalus.. what is the diffrence.. hmm

lol and let the attacks begin...
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend who was recommending these shakes to people a few months ago. He is a body builder, and EXTREMELY healthy, he is going to school for his bachelor's and majoring in nutrition. I trust this guy a lot with what he says, and he does research nightly. I honestly believe he wouldn't recommend anything to me that he feels would not work, or that was in fact a scam. I was planning on ordering the 30 days worth with my next check, and using them to replace my breakfast stuff (I've tried making my own at home...maybe I'm doing it wrong but they always com out watery and just...clumpy or icky...). He drinks them if he is still hungry after breakfast, or while he's at school in between his regular meals. So I'm not sure how great they are as a meal replacement, but he knows how I eat in the morning, especially working on a school bus. Other than that I've got no other information, like I said, I consider my source very reliable when it comes to information and other things. So good luck to you =)
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sent you a PM , have to be careful of the BBV reps floating around on the site peddling their wares.

I peddle my wares because IT WORKS !! I wouldn't be doing it if it didn't.
    Google the hell out of the company, I dare you.

Lactose and gluten free and safe for diabetics, children and nursing moms ... just a few of the hilights!

Want more information about the shakes? Inbox me and I'll gladly share with you. :flowerforyou:

ViSalus isn't meeting the competition, we're CRUSHING it!
    For those of you looking at competitor companies ... do your due diligence.
    There are companies that are leading the way and those that are following!
    There is only one Health and Fitness Challenge which also happens to be the NUMBER 1 fastest growing Home Based Business in North America, and it's breaking all the industry records.

Haters gonna hate :wink:

Nope, haters gonna report your *kitten*!

This site is NOT for you damn MLM salespeople to push your crap on those of us trying to lose weight the healthy way. So take your magic shakes, pills, potions and powders that you want to sell to people and shove it.

These are scams. Don't "message anyone for more info" They're just trying to sell you crap. No Shakeology, no Body By Vi, no Herbalife. There's a reason they don't sell this crap in stores. No one would buy it without a pushy sales pitch.

Do not believe one word of what is said by anyone trying to sell you this garbage.

Report me? For being honest?
    Oh dear. Apparently I struck a nerve and my "winky" face at the end of my "haters gonna hate" comment didn't work.
    You're right, there is no make pill, no magic shake, no magic potions and powders. It is HARD WORK. Without challenge, how do you make a change? This program is about getting you on the right track. About making your new found commitment to health a habit.
    It's not a scam and it is not garbage. A money back guarantee doesn't scam you out of anything except a few pounds.

Everyone has choices, everyone has a right to their opinion.
    Having tried it firsthand and having experienced the health benefits and the results, I became a distributor.

Amazing how angry people get when they don't know all the facts .... sigh.
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    putting this on here is gonna get the sellers to be all over you like a fat kid on cake... hmmm cake.. anyways sorry..

lol

i use the stuff...(I DONT SELL IT)

I LOVE IT.. I HAVE LOST 62 POUNDS... but i use it only as a tool.. if you are thinking (as some who sell it like to present it as) that you can take this and sit on your butt and little magic men are gonna suck your fat away.. you are sooo wrong...

I use it.. i work out and it works for me.. with the low carb factor ( what you cant get in a majority of proteins that i have tried) and the taste is good.. win win..

like i said.. it works if you work.. i tell people all the time.. It is a tool.. not a miracle..

EXACTLY !!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    would you be interested in some Amway? ......................In box me and I can give you some more info

Scram would ya? I got some Cutco knives to unload on these sucke... good people. :bigsmile:

Ah, you beat me Brett...I was going to throw a Cutco comment in here! :laugh:
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    I have a good friend who was recommending these shakes to people a few months ago. He is a body builder, and EXTREMELY healthy, he is going to school for his bachelor's and majoring in nutrition. I trust this guy a lot with what he says, and he does research nightly. I honestly believe he wouldn't recommend anything to me that he feels would not work, or that was in fact a scam. I was planning on ordering the 30 days worth with my next check, and using them to replace my breakfast stuff (I've tried making my own at home...maybe I'm doing it wrong but they always com out watery and just...clumpy or icky...). He drinks them if he is still hungry after breakfast, or while he's at school in between his regular meals. So I'm not sure how great they are as a meal replacement, but he knows how I eat in the morning, especially working on a school bus. Other than that I've got no other information, like I said, I consider my source very reliable when it comes to information and other things. So good luck to you =)

my doctor and trainer at the gym have both looked into them and said that they were good to go..

they work for me as a meal replacement...
    I have my shake at 7-8 ish
    then snack around 10 30
    then lunch at like 1
    snack at like 3 ish
    and dinner ( high protien almost no carb dinner)
    and i have a small snack before dinner..

it works for me.. i have lost my cravings to binge out and i have lost my sweet tooth cravings.. i dunno it works with my plan ..

and it does give me energy and makes me feel better... so i mean unless i get some advice that something else will be as yummy and as ok with my dr and my trainer and work then i am going to keep using it..

62 lbs in 5 and half months... ( and yes people i am training my self that one day when i am on only one shake or none that i will keep my calories down and my carbs down... i know that i have to have long term plans too..not everyone using it is as dumb as you all imply)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sent you a PM , have to be careful of the BBV reps floating around on the site peddling their wares.

Lactose and gluten free and safe for diabetics, children and nursing moms ... just a few of the hilights!

Want more information about the shakes? Inbox me and I'll gladly share with you. :flowerforyou:

There is only one Health and Fitness Challenge which also happens to be the NUMBER 1 fastest growing Home Based Business in North America, and it's breaking all the industry records.

This site is NOT for you damn MLM salespeople to push your crap on those of us trying to lose weight the healthy way. So take your magic shakes, pills, potions and powders that you want to sell to people and shove it.

These are scams. Don't "message anyone for more info" They're just trying to sell you crap. No Shakeology, no Body By Vi, no Herbalife. There's a reason they don't sell this crap in stores. No one would buy it without a pushy sales pitch.

Do not believe one word of what is said by anyone trying to sell you this garbage.

Oh dear. Apparently I struck a nerve and my "winky" face at the end of my "haters gonna hate" comment didn't work.
    You're right, there is no make pill, no magic shake, no magic potions and powders. It is HARD WORK. Without challenge, how do you make a change? This program is about getting you on the right track. About making your new found commitment to health a habit.
    It's not a scam and it is not garbage. A money back guarantee doesn't scam you out of anything except a few pounds.

Having tried it firsthand and having experienced the health benefits and the results, I became a distributor.

Here's a fact you clearly don't know:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Peddle your wares someplace else. And this goes for the rest of the "message me for more info!" crowd.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

my doctor and trainer at the gym have both looked into them and said that they were good to go..

then snack around 10 30
    then lunch at like 1
    snack at like 3 ish

it works for me.. i have lost my cravings to binge out and i have lost my sweet tooth cravings.. i dunno it works with my plan ..

and it does give me energy and makes me feel better... so i mean unless i get some advice that something else will be as yummy and as ok with my dr and my trainer and work then i am going to keep using it..

62 lbs in 5 and half months... ( and yes people i am training my self that one day when i am on only one shake or none that i will keep my calories down and my carbs down... i know that i have to have long term plans too..not everyone using it is as dumb as you all imply)

They are absolutely fine content wise..........as long as you don't mind overpaying. You can get the same significantly cheaper. It's not magic. Replacing 2 meals a day with low cal shakes is going to make you lose weight.......
  • redshoeshelley
    Options

Here's a fact you clearly don't know:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Peddle your wares someplace else. And this goes for the rest of the "message me for more info!" crowd.

Pretty sure I said "Want more information about the shakes?".
    FACTS about the shake. That's it.
    I wasn't soliciting for more than that. No direct links to my site either.
    I'm not a pusher, I'm a BELIEVER.
    Take your anger elsewhere my friend, you're not going to rain on my parade.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options

then snack around 10 30
    then lunch at like 1
    snack at like 3 ish

They are absolutely fine content wise..........as long as you don't mind overpaying. You can get the same significantly cheaper. It's not magic. Replacing 2 meals a day with low cal shakes is going to make you lose weight.......

again i have asked for recomendations for one from you that tastes as good.. has 90 calories ((130 with almond milk) low carb and has no gross gritty texture.. i have tried i have to say about 7 diffirent ones from GNC and none of them work for me.. and honestly by the time i finish buying all the stuff i have to hid the taste of the other ones.. i am spending wayyy more.. (and any of the ones that have been meh i can take it.. were 50 bucks each and lasted me 2 weeks... so 100 bucks a month.. which is what i pay now...)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I said "Want more information about the shakes?".
    FACTS about the shake. That's it.
    I wasn't soliciting for more than that. No direct links to my site either.
    I'm not a pusher, I'm a BELIEVER.
    Take your anger elsewhere my friend, you're not going to rain on my parade.

And you're not going to sell a damn thing here. Move on.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    in all honesty OP it is purely up to you.

you are going to get those of us who use it .. work on it.. and make it work for us...

then you are going to get those who dont like it becuase it is mlm according to them( which in reallity all business is) or a home based kind of business.

they dont like the whole thing because of that.. if it was sold in stores they would have to find other ways to hate on it...

it is the same as the eat more to weigh less group and the low carb group and the body builders...

it is about you .. and what you want what you are looking for and how you want to do it....

and really that is the end of the whole debate.. each person will get success the way they see fit to themselves.. and others will always tell you that way is the wrong way... but in the end you do what is right for you
  • anitacoulson
    Options
    a) It works. b) If you are the kind of person who is always vaguely hungry, never fully satisfied after a meal, finds it hard to cut down etc., protein shakes/smoothies can be an absolute godsend.

The more you have to lose, the more impressive the numbers you will see. Why?

Fruit and vegetable smoothies are a great and easy way of delivering good complex carbs - with added protein they can help you improve your nutritional intake while achieving portion control and appetite control. There are lots of types of powdered protein you can add but some taste awful or have a type of protein or sweetener that irritate people with allergies or cost a lot of money.

I was very sceptical about using a protein shake as a meal-replacement, but watched acquaintances achieve great results on the Body By Vi 90day challenge, so I did some thorough research including consulting my endocrinologist, compared it with all the other protein shake products on the market, and then decided that as there's a money-back guarantee it was worth a try. Clearly some people treat Visalus like a business - for others it's like a religion and they become evangelical in their efforts to turn everyone onto this product.

Complex health issues (including Hashimoto's Disease and metabolic disorder) mean I am one of the minority who find weight management more challenging than most people. 60 days into my 90-day challenge I have dropped 11 lbs (half-way to my goal) and both my family doctor and endocrinologist are so impressed (after a year trying numerous techniques involving different medication, nutritional and exercise programme that only achieved weight loss of less than 6oz per week).

This is not the only such product on the market. But it is an exceptionally good one - look up the nutritional analysis reports and you will be very impressed compared to the others on the market. It helps achieve appetite control, portion control and helps you get into great eating habits. That's why it has hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. It's the sales pitch that can be jarring - the business is growing so fast that the focus is to get everyone who believes in the product out selling it. But you don't have to get involved in all that hoo-ha... just be a customer and subscribe for one month's supply. If it doesn't work for you, cancel the subscription and send your VI-shake product (even the empty packet) back for a refund. Anita.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

then snack around 10 30
    then lunch at like 1
    snack at like 3 ish

again i have asked for recomendations for one from you that tastes as good.. has 90 calories ((130 with almond milk) low carb and has no gross gritty texture.. i have tried i have to say about 7 diffirent ones from GNC and none of them work for me.. and honestly by the time i finish buying all the stuff i have to hid the taste of the other ones.. i am spending wayyy more.. (and any of the ones that have been meh i can take it.. were 50 bucks each and lasted me 2 weeks... so 100 bucks a month.. which is what i pay now...)

I would get the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. You can use about 3/4 of a scoop. That will be 90 cals and 18g protein. This will cost about $33 and give you about 33 servings. $1/serving. I would buy the Chocolate Mint.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Run away. If you don't plan on doing it the rest of your life, why do it temporarily. Real food that you have to chew, real exercise that makes you sweat, and great supportive friends will result in nothing but success!

A shake is just another meal really. I don't really agree with the whole "you have to drink it the rest of your life".. you have to eat food the rest of your life if you want to live. Having a shake is just another meal really.

My points on body by vi/shakes in general..

-One of the best shakes out there for nutrients needed for a shake.
    -It's a meal replacement.. not a miracle weight loss drink
    -I wouldn't live off of the shake, but I like having a shake in the morning (quick and easy)
    -As for being expensive (as I hear this a lot).. how much is 60 meals, then compare that to the $130..
    -They are delicious.. can't go wrong with that, I'd sooner have a shake than a salad personally..
This discussion has been closed.