Why are you here? No, for real...

Options

Replies

• Lilip0p
    Lilip0p Posts: 36
    Options
    Because I am vain. I am a snob. Because I cannot stand to see dimply, fat thighs on women, obviously myself included and wearing jeans when living in Texas is just not an option.

Aside from that? I am on some crazy mission to avoid my age, avoid being a 'frumpy minivan mom'. Sounds shallow.. but when my 18yr old daughters friends tell her that her mom is pretty, looks like a model and looks 'expensive' (all of which I laughing my *kitten* off at BTW.. I am none of that), after 5 kids it makes me proud and I want it to stay that way.

I refuse to become a frumpy, overweight mom for my kids and a frumpy overweight, polyester pant wearing wife for my husband.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Several things in my life were spiraling out of control and everything was becoming too horrible to bear.

My weight was something I could fix. I needed to at least be able to fix something. I'm still working on the rest.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Got a new job, got rid of the stress in my life, do less traveling now for work, and I had a kid 4 (FOUR!) years ago and never took off the weight I gained.....

So once I got happy and started noticing ROLLS on my back that I have NEVER EVER EVER had before I was like Hell No! Time to make them go!

So here I am. :)

And of course, I want to get back to feeling like I look better nekkid than I do clothed.
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am here because every time my fiance tells me im beautiful or sexy i feel disgusted with how i look and i want to be able to feel beautiful and sexy when he tells me that and because i want to look sexy on my wedding day
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I sit all night long typing medical reports and eating junk to stay awake. Christmas pictures put me over the edge and it took me all this time to find something that might actually work.. Wishing you luck :wink:
  • DriniLove
    DriniLove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just bacame a mom, and everything leading up to this point in my life has dereailed from the plan. Or maybe I just got pushed off the tracks by strong winds. either way. I'm broke, unemployed, single (as in unmarried, not truely single), uneducated (droped out of college), and just plan not satisfied. So I figure, at least let me get satisfied with something about myself, and comparatively weight and tonning is the easiest. Or maybe just the one I'm most ready for, I don't know. But anyway, I want to get in control again. I was voted most likely to become president, I was super athletic, I knew I had the upper hand in romantic relationships and barley thought about it or my insecurities, I went to my first choice college, and I had fun, I got the short term things but I feel I'm losing the long term race. Life has always been hard, and I have always been an overcomer, but I don't have much reward but surviving. And I just think, if I focus one thing at a time I can be better than what I was...I can be who I want to be. And she is sexy, driven, powerful as hell and in control.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ""What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates"

That is the reason at the core. There are others, but this one trumps them all.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason for being here is to get my diet under control. I can exercise, but the way I eat ( and sometimes not eat) is hindering my progress. I went two weeks without losing a pound when I had a personal trainer. I was so discouraged. i wish I had discovered this site during that time. I want to get rid of this weight so I can look great with and without clothes. My ultimate goal is a bikini, no coverup!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I want to get pregnant.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be hot and smokin' sexy.

There, I said it. I feel better now. :smokin:

this
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the connection I've made with some of my friends here. It's not like real life, but it's great to have that exchange with like-minded people... that instant connection that's available 24/7 if you need it. Can't beat that.

I've recently turned off my diary so that I'm eating more intuitively and it's much less structured/monitored like before... and now I understand I'm here more for the above mentioned reason, and I really like that.

I do think my reasons have evolved as I've been here longer... and I think that's good. That's just how life is, you know? We grow & change.

I'm vain as hell and working on that... I'd like to work through my deepest, darkest insecurities about my physical self (as well as mental) while on MFP and really get some things out there (much to the dismay of some on my FL... LOL, they seem to think I'm in pain and it might bother them, my repetitive thinking and obsessions...) But... boy oh boy have my friends here been a huge blessing & help in that way... to bounce my thoughts and ideas around and off them and to get their feedback. It's truly invaluable.

I've learned some basics here about food & exercise... and I've gotten rid of a few bad ideas. But the think tank like atmosphere of the friend list... that's why I'm still here.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I've never really liked my body. But I really hated how uncomfortable I was around my boyfriend. I didn't even like it when he'd see or touch my stomach. Even though he said he loved my body and it was perfect, I couldn't take it anymore. Especially because he's super fit. So here I am :smile:
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I want to feel good about myself, I want to be healthy, I want to enjoy hiking, swimming, dancing, and soccer again. When I graduate college and marry my boyfriend I want to have his children and I want to have a healthy body for them when I'm pregnant, and I want to be good role modle for them when they're old enough.....Not to mention, being sexay would be awesome.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I lost a bit over 100 lbs on my own, but these last 30 or so have been sticking to me for a good few months and my motivation kinda ditched me because of it. I joined to keep myself accountable and get a better grip on what I was eating so I could see my goals through to the end.

I've been overweight my whole life and always wanted to be thinner, prettier, more popular with guys - what finally made me stop wishing and just do it, however, was a health concern. I started feeling sudden and intense chest pains and I really didn't like them. My doctor told me I was fine now, but I wouldn't be fine in 10 years if I didn't change anything. So I decided to change everything. Kicked the soda habit, found excuses to walk every day, cut out white flour and candy, and most importantly learned to love cooking.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Gained 50lbs in 2yrs of nursing school. I got tired of sitting in my car, unable to breathe because my fat rolls seemed to be squishing up into my diaphragm and chest. Got sick of (and still am) passing by the rather large mirror as I step into the shower, and crying because I don't like what I see. I used to be more confident, but now, I am self conscious about my weight and jiggle. I wonder if my husband thinks I have turned into this chubby blob. I don't know if he would ever be THAT honest. LOL. So, a friend told me about this site, and I LOVE IT!!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    To be a sexy as hell woman :)
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I want to look SMOKING HOT naked!! :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    To have a beach body & to look good in midriffs, short shorts & fitted clothes.
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tired of being Fat and Ugly! Figured I should change the one that I could.....
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I was already a healthy weight when I joined MFP. I did it to support my best friend who was going through weight loss surgery so I could give her ideas on her diet. she is no longer here, but I still use the program to keep me accountable to my diet and training.