Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Don't over complicate things
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    White carbs and sugar...get rid of em!! Eat your healthy fats...avocados, nuts, Greek yoghurt....
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    STAY WAY FROM POTATOES, WHITE BREAD, PASTAS, AND WHITE RICE! THESE ARE YOUR ENEMIES! DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. EVEN BETTER...ADD LEMONS TO YOUR WATER. YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED WITH YOUR RESULTS!

As a person who has studied nutrition at the university level, I think you don't have to follow this advice to a T. Yes, whole wheat and whole grain is better than the white version of grains. Remember, carbs are NOT your enemy. Your body needs them, especially if you are starting a cardiovascular exercise program. (If you don't eat enough carbs, you won't be able to exercise at your true potential.) Potatoes are a root vegetable, and are good for you! (however not in french fry form, or course.) They provide substantial nutrients and energy.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Set small manageable goals that you can achieve in a day or a week.

For example "I want to drink 8 cups of water every day for an entire week". Or "I want to be active for 4 days this week". Or "I want to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day for an entire week."

Sometimes it's easier to achieve goals one day at a time, one week at a time. Before you know it days, weeks, and months have gone by and you're actually achieving your goals, even the long term ones. It sounds cheesy but I've been finding that it works really well for me.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    No one else can do it for you; you have to put in the work otherwise nothing will change.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you make one mistake, make one bad food choice, don't let that be your excuse to give up or say I'll try again tomorrow because if you're like me tomorrow never happened.

I know you said only one but I have to add this....Don't eat your emotions, food won't fix that.
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Do one type of exercise a day, doesn't matter how long, just move!!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fun! find an exercise or form of exercise thats fun to you! I love to dance - so two-stepping class 7pm-9pm and line dancing are my go to workouts when I really don't feel like it. Im having soo much fun I forget its exercise!
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Clever, clever. I got one!

If you imbibe it, transcribe it.
    If you are not hungry, food is not the answer.

If you bite it, write it.

Haaa, and if you nibble it, scribble it!!! ;-D
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    lots of water and don't run before you can walk. I am only 40 days in so still starting out!
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Remember that you didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight. Those .5 lb losses in a week are still worth something and add up in the long run! To go along with this is DO NOT WEIGH EVERYDAY!! Or even more than once a week, its just not necessary and you will stress yourself out!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Always have a plan! If you know what will be eating for all of your meals/snacks for the day, you will be less likely to get off track.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

This.

Or:

Educate yourself about your food, your BMR, TDEE, etc. Can't make accurate, reliable, sustainable changes unless you know the numbers.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    eat! The reason that I was 20 lbs heavier was that I ate only 1200 calories and burned 300 with exercise a day during the week then I would be a couch potatoe that everything on the weekend. I am only 5'3! I am almost to goal and eat around 1700 cals, never plateaued.

Good luck!
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't believe everything you read. Losing weight is common sense. You don't need "advice" to lose weight ;-)
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it a diet, but a lifestyle change to be a healthier happier you
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    DRINK WATER like it's your job
    PLAN each meal
    EAT don't make up for overeating by NOT eating
    MOVE get your sweat on
    DON'T let a bad week turn into a bad month
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

This is the correct answer.

The following should be required reading:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/fundamental-principles-versus-minor-details.html
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Take before pictures.

You don't have to put them on the internet. You don't have to share them with anyone.

But there are going to be times when the scale won't budge, and there will be times when you gain a little despite your best efforts. And during those times, being able to compare yourself to what you USED to look like can be all the help you need to keep going.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Endeavor to persevere (Just keep going).

You don't drown from falling into water. You drown from not getting out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!