• brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    <
    Cause my Mama said
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Matchbox_girl because that is my twitter name. My favorite band is Matchbox 20...through twitter the lead singer Rob Thomas started to recognize me, so at one of his concerts a few years back he called out my name while he was on stage and I got to shake his hand.....we still tweet to this day. Greatest thing ever :):)
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I normally use a "codename" for online activities since I'm pretty careful online about my privacy. I considered this when signing up, but I'm going into this with the intent to be open about myself and honest to myself and to the public about my progress. It just felt right to use my real first name and last initial as a way to hold myself accountable for my actions.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Mine is very boring. I started my IT career in the early 80s. My whole career I have been "data based" in my work. In the last decade, that work has taken me further into database-oriented work, specifically Oracle and MySQL. I think the joke about the two guys who go into a non-SQL bar but leave without ordering because they couldn't find a table is hilarious. I get the joke that there are only 10 kind of people - those who understand binary and those who don't..

See? Boring.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My actual name is Jennifer. My MFP name has nothing to do with my coloring, I'm a white gal (no pic of me up yet), but I am a brunette with brown eyes. My MFP name actually has to do with the fact that I'm addicted to chocolate. All kinds, milk, white and dark, drinkable and eatable, fruit dipped in it, you name it, I love it. The "diva" part is because I'm a woman, naturally. So, woman who's addicted to chocolate - Chocoholicdiva. Pretty simple, don't you think? :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Avid cyclist (when not injured). Also like to run, hike, walk dog, geocache, travel... I much rather be active than sitting still. :heart:
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am short & round, like a Hobbit, and I'm a girl, so hobbitgrrl it is! :)
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Mine is very boring. I started my IT career in the early 80s. My whole career I have been "data based" in my work. In the last decade, that work has taken me further into database-oriented work, specifically Oracle and MySQL. I think the joke about the two guys who go into a non-SQL bar but leave without ordering because they couldn't find a table is hilarious. I get the joke that there are only 10 kind of people - those who understand binary and those who don't..

See? Boring.
    Nothing boring about that to me!!! I used to be an administrative assistant for a few months on a temp position a MUN - Grenfell campus in the city where I live back in 2003. I could barely keep up!!! You IT people have it made compared to what I had to do. Lucky me, I now work in selling snacks to businesses under an employment corporation for people with disabilities (I have epilepsy and can't keep up with busy jobs). My mom's my "partner", and she also works with another girl who's head injured from a car accident. You with a boring job? Nonsense!!! :noway:
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Flyyyyyyy Eagles Flyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Philadelphia Eagles fight song!!!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm boring, non-creative and I prefer to keep things simple so I don't forget them.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I like moving heavy lumps of iron around in the gym, and I grunt, growl and snarl like an animal while I'm doing it.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Briski was my nick name from my college/party days + my wife likes it and uses it for her name, but she adds girl to the end of it. The number is the a number I came up with from back in my early AOL days. It is simply the number for information. I always either seem to have the info. or i need the info.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    A really good friend of mine always called me MelBaby instead of Melissa - and 9/25 is my birthday.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bubbles because my fiancee named me bubbles when we first met because I was so "bubbly". 12 because it is my favorite and lucky number :)
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just moved to Switzerland and I am American.... thus AmericanExpat
  • My real name is Rita but I chose "xxReach4theStars2012xx" because this year for me is the year that I stop psyching myself out of things that I KNOW I can accomplish and realize that the only thing holding Me back is ME.

For example, Ive been dragging my feet for years concerning finishing up my Bachelor's degree.

I let life get in the way and also blamed finances; two things I used that as an excuse to keep putting school off but uh uh... not anymore.

I re-registered , re-enrolled, clicked a button and paid my tuition and now my classes begin July 2.

If I pass all of them (4 semesters left) Graduation is Spring 2013!!!

Ive got a 6-year-old daughter that watches my every move and if Im going to tell her "Finish what you start no matter how hard it is to do so.", then I have to LIVE that truth. :0D
  • ayyitsashley
    Options
    I loveeee music that is upbeat that you can dance to... and a lot of them have some form of "ayyyy" in them. Like that one Soulja Boy song, "Hopped up out the bed, turned my swag on, looked in the mirror said what's up, AYYYY gettin' that money, ohhh"... I know, super cheesy, but it motivates me. And then "it's Ashley"= self explanatory. Haha!
  • Seonaid74
    Seonaid74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring too!! Seonaid is my real name and 74 is the year I was born. For those trying to pronounce my name. It's " Shin Aid". Like the bald headed Irish singer. Same name spelt different. Mine is Scottish and hers is Irish!