So.. What's behind your screen name ?

Options

Replies

• Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I was in first grade I wrote my name on a paper (Lori)it was so sloppy the teacher thought it said Louie and called out that name in front of the whole class. When I got home I told my dad and he thought it was funny and started calling me Louie Anne as a joke, well it kinda stuck! Now I use it for lots of things because it's usually available and I can't remember the last time my dad called me by my given name. lol
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Banrion, means "Queen"

At my school we played every sport and used to say we were the mighty Amazons, well I was the captain so I was queen. So we looked up translations and since I was Scottish in descent they gave me an Irish name.
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I've play the drums since I was 5. And every screen name I've had for the past 5-6 years has always been gurlondrums. I always use it now for everything.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, mine no one can pronounce!

I grew up in South Africa. Gogo is actually gutteral not like stop/ go. A gogo is a little bug - my nickname for my middle brother. I called my baby brother 'nunu' (means a silly person!) for years and my little girls nickname was the bean.

I linked them all up and finally came up with a tag that is always available!
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring too! Carmen is my first name, stop is the first four letters of my ridiculosly long last name, and I needed a number on one thing so I added the number 1!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what some people think.. I do not own a 88 Chevy. lol. Mine is totally NASCAR related:

Chevy - manufacturer of the car Dale Jr drives

88 - Dale Jr's number

Grl - Well, I'm a girl but someone else used chevy88girl when I signed up for my Yahoo email account (when jr first switched numbers.. I also have a chevy8grl account .. lol) so, I took the "i" out and made it grl.

There. Now, hopefully I'll stop getting PM asking me what kind of 88 Chevy I have. I don't have an 88 Chevy, folks.

Though I DO have a 99 Chevy - but, it's a Prizm. So, nothing fancy. LOL
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure why I chose Becca, my name is Becky and that's what I go by! V is for my last name and 73 is the year I was born!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think my name is self explanatory.... :drinker:

Mine too.
  • Autumn15
    Options
    Autumn because I love the season and 15 because I love that number
  • stormbaby
    stormbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Because around the time I was born there was a notoriously bad storm in the UK, the likes of which have not really been seen since. This is always my name whenever I play Scrabble as well!
  • kissiefish
    Options
    Kissiefish is a stuffed animal that we gave to our son when he was in the NICU when he was born (he was there for 6 weeks). We could not always be there with him, so we gave him a stuffed animal and named it kissiefish, so when mommy could not be there to give him kissies and cuddles, kissiefish was always there to cuddle with and give kisses. Hokey, yes, but it means a lot to me. Daddy was Yertle the Turtle, and a turtle stuffed animal.

Baby-man is 10 and doing fine. God is amazing. :)
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ELF are my initials and has been a nickname since I was little, and 66 (the best year :)) is the year I was born.

Great thread :)
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am kinda boring LOL I only have two I use, This one Goofy076 (cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE Goofy, I have him tattooed on my shoulder and my birth year) and then there's Thumper092901 (a private nick name i have for my hubby LOLOL and our wedding date :) )
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    TheOddOne .... because I am.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Name abbreviation + badge #
  • kittyforet
    Options
    Mine is pretty boring.

My siblings/cousins couldn't always say my name when they were little....so they called me "kitty" Plus the kids I used to babysit from their birth couldn't say the full name.

Name is actually Kristi. Foret (letter 4, number A pronunciation) is my last name.

I didn't get creative, but it suits me and it's easy for my blonde brain to remember.

=^..^=

(kitty)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My last name is German (a German word, not the word "german") and my senior year economics teacher asked the exchange student what a small, mischevious mythical german creature would be. A Troll.

This was my freshman year, so it stuck. I actually don't recall him ever calling me by my actual name, Kelsi, in the entire four years of high school.

To this day, a lot of younger grads still don't know my actual name. :)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Kalrez is the name of my main and first World of Warcraft character, so it has become my 'net handle.

Got the name off of a beer coosie that was sitting on my ex's computer desk. It sounded cool, so I used it. Turns out, kalrez is a type of o-ring.

*shrug* At least it sounds cool lol
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    mines pretty simple, because it's true haha I just though, "hmmm what do i love most in the world....my mom? (taken), my pet? (taken), ah...what am i thinking!!! VINEGAR! :P
  • My friend offered me some lemon & poppy seed muffin from Starbucks. Firstly I said no because it sounded disgusting but I gave in, tried it..fell in love!