Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Training for a half marathon in August - 11 weeks to go!
    And, training myself into good eating habits so I don't put back on all the weight I've lost over the last year and a half.

I think the second one is the most important for me.

Oh and I have a long term goal to run a Disney half marathon - but as that involves travelling half way around the world, it will have to wait for a little while.
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    I am training for my life. No male in my family has ever made it past 77 years. Sorry, it's not a MMA title fight, or a marathon (built like a fatter version of a tank) but that's why I'm doing it.
    I hope you win this one!
    Thanks!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am training for the Princess Half Marathon at Disney World next February. Losing weight, getting fit, eating healthy and looking good are all kind of rolled up into that goal. I was at Disney World this past January so I have several pics of me in front of the castle (my before pictures). I so can't wait to have my picture taken in front of the castle again next February after working so hard and losing all of this weight and hopefully being in the best shape of my life.

That would make me run. Disney Princesses scare the hell out of me.

:laugh:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    The zombie apocalypse.
    Or yknow, the goal of eventually running in a 5k or something with my dad.

I think the second is a bit more attainable.

If your dad suddenly starts mumbling something that sounds like "brrrains... BRRRAINS"... run faster.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I do want to look good, but my goal is to do the NJ Tough Mudder in October and the NY Marathon at the end of next year

Tough Mudder Sept 8/9 in Maryland!!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm getting into shape for jiu jitsu (of the brazillian variety, though i do train in japanese jiu jitsu as well). I'm sick of fighting in the open weight category. i registered for the first time in the non open weight category for a tournament in 2 weeks. I may have to spend some time in the sauna to make it, but for the ones after that, i'll be golden.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I do boxing on and off but I always employ the boxing routine to my workout like shadow boxing etc.

Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • gchutson
    Options
    I do boxing on and off but I always employ the boxing routine to my workout like shadow boxing etc.

Feel free to add me if you'd like

I'm not good at shadow boxing. My shadow always kicks my *kitten*.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am training for my second 5K on June 29.. My goal is to run 75%.. The first one I walked the whole thing..
    My next thing is the Warrior Dash on August 25th my goal is to comp0lete all the obstacle no matter the time it takes so I can rule it next year :)
  • gchutson
    Options
    I am training for my second 5K on June 29.. My goal is to run 75%.. The first one I walked the whole thing..
    My next thing is the Warrior Dash on August 25th my goal is to comp0lete all the obstacle no matter the time it takes so I can rule it next year :)

All you marathon people make me tired just thinking about it.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Training to be better than I have ever been , failure is not an option! I also would like to do a 5k, 10k and a triathlon in the coming year. I am ready for a 5k and have signed up for one in july .

Good luck on your quest
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mud Crusade in September, Warrior Dash in November, then Spartan Race in February.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It started with "just" getting in shape and looking good. Then, to keep motivation up to get out there and run, I started entering races. I've run a half-marathon relay and a full half-marathon already (Disney's Princess Half-Marathon 1:54:16). I've got a 4-race "season" coming up starting in September, so I'm working toward a half-marathon PR sometime this fall.

As much as I've come to love running (nothing like watching the sun come up on a Saturday morning LSD), having something specific to work toward, aside from just the abstract or vague goal of "be more fit," has definitely helped keep me motivated.

I'm training for next year's Disney Princess Half :o I'm terrified lol. I still have a significant amount of weight to lose and I'm just not a 'runner'. I'm terrified of that 16 min/mile time limit.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Me either. I look ridiculous in a bikini.

Love lol

I dunno if it's been answered, but the Mud Run is a 3 mile obstacle course that's super muddy. I've heard it's really hard. I personally started out just wanting to look better, but now I'm going to do the Mud Run in August!
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.

I wanna do the one in December!! It seems so badass.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.

I'm doing the one in Columbus on July 21! I'm so excited for it!
  • gchutson
    Options

Love lol

I dunno if it's been answered, but the Mud Run is a 3 mile obstacle course that's super muddy. I've heard it's really hard. I personally started out just wanting to look better, but now I'm going to do the Mud Run in August!

Is the mud really necessary? Can't they use... pudding? I'd totally do a Pudding Run.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Love lol

Is the mud really necessary? Can't they use... pudding? I'd totally do a Pudding Run.

Lmao.

This entire thread made my night.
  • gchutson
    Options

Love lol

Lmao.

This entire thread made my night.

I just trademarked "Pudding Run." It's mine damn it.
  • pedaloctane
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Mark and I training to make sure I pass the police pre-screening physicals. I will also be applying for the auxiliary.