diet cola

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes... caffeine addict here. I tried to not drink any this AM. I didn't even make it 10 o'clock! :grumble:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I love my Diet Pepsi. Some days I probably drink 4 cans as well.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    arghhhh ever since starting my weight loss journey last year im addicted to diet cola !!! i can go through 4 cans a day! today ive already had one can and will have one tonight gonna try and just have 2! anyone else drink it quite alot? i need to wean my self off it lol !!!

I'm a water only kinda guy but if it works for you, use it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i havent had ANY soda except the seldom can of sprite zero for 5 years. On the few times i have tried to drink a cola, it made me feel ill. I got a headache and stomache ache from it. to me that shows how bad those things are for you, but that we force our bodies to get used to it. yuck.
    try propel zero..it tastes great and no sugar or calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    This the only vice I'm keeping! But in moderation. 2-3 cans a day.

so,,,,as many as 21 cans a week. Interesting interpretation of moderation.:wink:

I drink 2-3 cans a day. AND I drink 5-6 bottles of water a day. The can is 12 fl oz and the bottle is 16.9 fl oz. Therefore, 252 fl oz of diet cola a week in comparison to 709.8 fl oz of water.

Yeah, I would call that moderation.
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was really addicted to diet coke and after about two months on MFP I decided to take healthy eating a step further and gave it up. And to my surprise, I did discover that my cravings for all other types of food diminished. I think it was good to stop drinking it, but I am not so strict about it, I still have one in a blue moon when I go out.
    I also don't crave diet coke anymore, that means I have more money to spend on other things LOL
  • greenbubblegum
    greenbubblegum Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What is fizzy water?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

so,,,,as many as 21 cans a week. Interesting interpretation of moderation.:wink:

I drink 2-3 cans a day. AND I drink 5-6 bottles of water a day. The can is 12 fl oz and the bottle is 16.9 fl oz. Therefore, 252 fl oz of diet cola a week in comparison to 709.8 fl oz of water.

drinking 21 cans of diet coke a week is not moderation. It doesnt make it moderate because you also drink a lot of water. thats kind of strange logic. bu whatever...if you want to drink it , then drink it. but why fool yourself that 21 cans a week is moderate?
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Got to have my diet mountain dew! I drink enough water during the day that have to have something at night for dinner. It replaced all that sweat tea I use to drink and it taste a hell of a lot better than diet coke!
  • ericdeken
    ericdeken Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hear that water is good for ya...lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

drinking 21 cans of diet coke a week is not moderation. It doesnt make it moderate because you also drink a lot of water. thats kind of strange logic. bu whatever...if you want to drink it , then drink it. but why fool yourself that 21 cans a week is moderate?

Moderation is not a concrete standard. It is subject to interpretation. What you interpret as moderate someone else might not.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh please.

Driving is linked to car accidents. Injury is linked to exercising and playing sports. There's a difference in actual correlation and causation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Exactly, well said... er, typed!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke every morning. Prob about 16 oz. It doesn't cause me to have sugar cravings nor has it caused me to gain weight. In fact I have lost 131 lbs. I used to drink it through the day but I have cut myself down to only in the morning. I did it for sleep reasons though. I ALSO drink 175-200 oz of water a day.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    What is fizzy water?
    maybe mineral water? like perrier? these are just my guesses, personally that stuff tastes really nasty to me, but a lot of people love it.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    COKE ZERO! Diet Barqs. Diet Mt Dew. <33333333333
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Diet coke is a no no for me... I gave up drinking it entirely and switched to fizzy water and then last week i had cravings so gave in and had about 2 litres in 3 days... my diet nosedived and wanted to eat sweet things all the time... back on the fizzy water and the weight is coming off again AND i don't feel the need to steal candy from kids anymore!
    Here I tought I was the only one who stole candy from my kids. I'm sure they must not miss it but, dang, sometimes It makes me feel so guilty bc I shouldn't eat it....and neither should they!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    A&W Diet Cream Soda....yum!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    ? Like the fruit water from Walmart - Sams Choice Strawberry . I think its really just strawberry diet pop just no artificial colorings.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My Wife and I was taking in about a 12 pack of diet coke in about 2 days time. And that isn't even counting the diet soda that I was drinking at work. One Day, when we went grocery shopping, we didn't buy any soda. Instead, we bought a 2 gallon jug and started brewing tea for our caffeine fix. And we stuck with it. Now, every now and then we will pick up a diet soda when we are out and about running errands, but we never bring any home with us.
    Was it painful - Yes... but with the Tea, we were able to get our caffeine fix without spending more money on diet sodas. Now, we even stopped brewing the tea and have been doing water... for our caffeine fix - we started using the energy shots from Mio and even Great Value (Walmart brand) which have worked wonders for us.

Hope this helps
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    I drink diet coke every morning. Prob about 16 oz. It doesn't cause me to have sugar cravings nor has it caused me to gain weight. In fact I have lost 131 lbs. I used to drink it through the day but I have cut myself down to only in the morning. I did it for sleep reasons though. I ALSO drink 175-200 oz of water a day.

How do you count your water drank?

Can I count my water that I add a Crystal light lemonaide drink stick to?
    Can I count the water that makes up my shake?
    What about the water in my Caffiene free Coffee?