Oye!
  • Megan_P_94
    Options
    Paul McCartney :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:
  • naslonaker
    naslonaker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Absolute best show EVER....Roger Waters "The Wall" October 2010

Others that top my list are No Doubt and Metallica, then probably RHCP and SOD....

But really, I just love going to concerts!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tool! All of them. lol Seen them 3 times.
    Dave Mathews in Dallas
    Korn in Oklahoma City
    Godsmack in Lubbock, TX

Ugh!! Too many to choose from. lol
  • jcm529
    jcm529 Posts: 36
    Options
    Michael Franti and Spearhead was absolutely incredible! He was so interactive and in the audience a lot and so much fun. Crazy fun hippy party.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Several stand out:

Return to Forever, Santa Cruz, 1975

Any Zappa show I've seen

Tom Waites and Leon Redbone, Woonsocket, RI 1976

UCLA Chorale, soloists, and orchestra, spring concert, 2012 (last weekend) Phenomenal! Mozart's Requiem in its entirety
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My general philosophy is that big acts in smaller venues is about as good as it gets.

Underworld at the 930 Club (1200 capacity venue in DC) was incredible. It was Monday night and it felt like Saturday. They are playing the Olympic Opening Ceremony in London so it will actually be worth watching.

Pretty much any big act that goes there, I want to see.
    I saw Fatboy Slim and The Smashing Pumpkins there more recently. I also saw George Clinton and BT there years ago.

I did not get to see the whole show but I did go backstage during Metallica at one of the Summer Sanitarium tours.

In terms of consistently great live performances, its hard to beat Pearl Jam even at a big venue. If you can see them at an outdoor pavilion, do it!
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    Green Day - Pepsi Center, Denver
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    AC/DC in Chicago.

Oye!

INDEED
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    NKOTBSB 6/22/11 in Hotlanta!!! :)

(2nd row floor seats; close enough to literally have some of the sweat beads land in our general area!)
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    1. Roger Waters - The Wall
    2. KISS
    3. Journey
    4. Page & Plant Tour in 97 or 98
    5. Ween

edited to add Ween
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band featuring Tim Reynolds in Hershey.

He just plays and plays and plays...encore after ancore after encore! :heart:

So jealous....i want to see DMB so bad!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I am ALWAYS a sucker for a Kid Rock Concert!!! He puts on a hell of a show!!

But Aerosmith when I was about 13 was amazing too!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Its hard to pick the best, but for me the most stand out gig I've been to would have to be...

Prodigy - Exeter University 1997 - It was a real life changer!

:bigsmile:
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Absolute best show EVER....Roger Waters "The Wall" October 2010

Others that top my list are No Doubt and Metallica, then probably RHCP and SOD....

But really, I just love going to concerts!

Yes I put The Wall as #1 too on my list! It is amazing.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    A local radio station used to do this summer concert every year that would have half 80s bands, half modern bands so over various years of going to this show, I've seen Billy Idol, Morrisey, Devo, The Killers, Blondie, Death Cab for Cutie, Blink 182, The Offspring, Social D, Interpol, lil bow wow (yes, really), Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Flock of Seagulls....SO many more. Sadly they don't put this show on anymore -- it was always a lot of fun.

I've been to TONS of concerts (I have friends in some really popular bands so it was my life for a while) but that particular concert series always stands out because of the variation of bands in one location. I'm pretty sad they don't do it anymore
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    2008 or 2009 I can't remember, I can't even remember the venue other than it was tiny and in Los Angeles. We saw The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and some really drunk guy bumped into me then started dancing and singing with me to the chorus of "Where'd You Go". After the song we high fived and I never saw him again. What a fun time!!!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Dir En Grey <3
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I gotta throw in Counting Crows at Usana Amp on the Hard Candy tour..............that ruled too.
  • kellycdowney
    Options
    Paul McCartney in 2011 at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. I am a crazy huge Beatles fan so it was a lifelong dream fulfilled.