Best concert you've ever been to

Options

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ACDC 2009- Perth concert. for Black Ice
    that band does somethign INSANE when they play in thier home town. the crown went nuts.

Especially when "the jack" played and all the women took thier shirts off (no, not a joke, we perthians lov our acdc)

being front row does help too though!
    acdc097.jpg
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Toss up between...
    Jack Johnson in Virginia Beach like two years ago and
    RHCP in Raleigh this year.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have two Ozzfest when there was Ozzy/Marilyn Manson/Rob Zombie/Disturbed/Slipknot and many others had front row middle of stage totally was worth the cost. Also saw Genesis as well at OSU stadium that was a great one as well. My first concert ever was ELO and opening act was Hall and Oats yea I am old...
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I’ve loved watching B.B.King perform. I gushed over the great performance from LIVE and storytelling of Gordon Lightfoot. I had a ball watching Elton John in his element and gained a new respect for Rob Zombie at an Ozzy concert. I go see the Boys of St. James Gate at least once a year and sang along with Sarah McLachlan, Colin James, and Great Big Sea. But for me there has only been one artist whose music and lyrics came close to ecstacy. Leonard Cohen.

Last saw him in spring 2009. Have tickets to his current tour and will see him when he passes through town in Nov.
  • FitSlimHappy
    Options
    Paramore are absolutely fantastic live, Hayley Williams' voice is flawless!
  • Devyns_mom
    Devyns_mom Posts: 22
    Options
    its a toss up between Pearl Jam and ZZ Top.. because Pearl Jam was awesome but I def thought it was great to see ZZ Top live!!
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    Great Big Sea, last summer in Banff. It was one of the best days of my musical life! :happy:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters, definitely, 2008 and 2011. Smashing Pumpkins in 1995 was pretty amazing. Flogging Molly always awesome (when you can steer clear of the drunk-on-bud-light frat boys). Dave Matthews in 1995 at SPAC - seats inside the ampitheater and pouring summer rain outside. Couldn't get a better atmosphere.
  • Kam2914
    Kam2914 Posts: 11
    Options
    Tim McGraw.....loving me some Tim McGraw!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    OzzFest 2000...the last 3 bands on the main stage were Godsmack, Pantera & Ozzy. And, we were sitting right behind the sound booth, center stage...in between sets, Tommy Lee & Vinnie Paul were there playing video games. It was AWESOME!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    saw Nickelback live for their Dark Horse tour back in 2010!! i vowed i would see them again but i am missing out this year as the Netherlands gig was sold out within 30 mins of going on general sale :S

They suck asss
  • britts09
    britts09 Posts: 16
    Options
    Janet Jackson's 1998 Velvet Rope Tour. I was 12 and originally went just to see NSYNC but turns out Janet was awesome!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Old lady here...1978 Billy Joel in Hollywood, Florida...man he was great back in the day.
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    Late 80s-Outfield opened for Boston!!
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have seen Rush over 30 times. Favorites have been the R-30 Tour in 2004 or the 1978 Tour of The Hemispheres.
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hands down - Stevie Ray Vaughn, Paramount Theater in Seattle, 1989. My girlfriend at the time was the ticket office manager and got me front row center seats. Turned out to be his last show here - RIP SRV.

A semi-close second - Pearl Jam at "Drop in the Park', also 89 i think?
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been to several concerts but my favorite is one my parents took me to when I ws young...Paul McCartney. Love him still!!
  • lthomas2541
    Options
    Beyonce!!! Hands down the best!!!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Been to over a dozen Sevendust shows and they are ALWAYS my favorite.

Close runner up would be Marilyn Manson.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    saw Nickelback live for their Dark Horse tour back in 2010!! i vowed i would see them again but i am missing out this year as the Netherlands gig was sold out within 30 mins of going on general sale :S

They suck asss

Truer words have never been spoken.